A cruise I would like to sail is....

I feel exactly the same about the European cruises, but they sell like hotcakes!
Cruising certain European itineraries do make a lot of sense. Baltic, Norway, and Greek isles come to mind. And others such as the western med are really targeted at the Europeans who have been to most of these places - and now just want a relaxing vacation with some touring mixed in. Much like the western or eastern Caribbeans cruises out of PC.

Cruising certain European itineraries do make a lot of sense. Baltic, Norway, and Greek isles come to mind. And others such as the western med are really targeted at the Europeans who have been to most of these places - and now just want a relaxing vacation with some touring mixed in. Much like the western or eastern Caribbeans cruises out of PC.

The Greek isles I would agree with (though I admit I havent checked out the ferry schedules and that may make it almost as easy) but we've only sailed a Norwegian itinerary ourselves. That is actually when we realized cruising in Europe is NOT for us... we both wished we didn't have to run back to the ship every night. People keep saying Disney at least is still choked full of Americans when in Europe so I do wonder what the spread is... but that makes sense if its like their Caribbean cruises in the Med.

The European cruises we have done (Norway, Baltic, Med) were not so much about seeing everything we could see, but about making travel fun and easy with a young child. It was so nice not to have to deal with moving hotels/packing/transport/etc. We always did some touring before the cruise, so we got a bit of that, but the cruise was just so, so simple. And my daughter had a blast. Plus, the cruises went to places we wouldn't normally get to go in one trip, like Estonia and then Russia or Monaco and Malta. Sure, you could visit those places in one trip, but it isn't simple to do that kind of itinerary without a lot more time for travel.

Which is why I'd love to do an Asian route. I'm not even too picky where. Hitting the theme park ports would be fantastic, but really, any itinerary over there would be something exciting and a great, easy, relatively hassle-free way to enjoy lots of different stops.

If/When they do start sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, I wonder if they will do the same old cruises or try something different. I think it's Princess that does some South American cruises from FtL? Anyway, maybe they will try something other than the standard fare! One can hope...

The Greek isles I would agree with (though I admit I havent checked out the ferry schedules and that may make it almost as easy) but we've only sailed a Norwegian itinerary ourselves. That is actually when we realized cruising in Europe is NOT for us... we both wished we didn't have to run back to the ship every night. People keep saying Disney at least is still choked full of Americans when in Europe so I do wonder what the spread is... but that makes sense if its like their Caribbean cruises in the Med.
The Greek ferry system is actually really easy as long as you're staying within the same "region line." The ferries have different lines that they run, usually out of Athens, to an area. If you stick within the same area, it's very simple. If you want to travel between different areas it becomes more complicated where you might have to travel back to Athens to catch a different line or take a flight. My husband and I traveled on our own, Greek island hopping, back in 2009 visiting Crete, Santorini, and Naxos and it was very simple. We booked a cruise for September 2022 with our kids visiting a few islands that are from different areas that I knew would be more difficult to combine with the ferries and would require a few flights, so it makes sense for that trip!

I have to agree with the Tokyo-Shanghai-Hong Kong but make it longer than 7 days (12-15) and go other places and maybe an overnight in Shanghai. We are booked on the Wish, but have stopped cruising Disney for a while as we have done basically every itinerary they offer in the last 10 years. So now we cruise by itinerary instead of cruise line. So holding out for them to go to Asia before we book with someone else.

Asia; Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, any one or combination of...

Hey, we’re dreaming, so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter