A/c "unit" in p.o.f. Quarter

Cira

Mouseketeer
I was looking at a photo of one of the rooms @ the Port Orleans French Quarter. While I know that not all rooms are the same, I am wondering if someone can respond to my query.

Is the Air Conditioning in the rooms a lower wall "unit" - usually lower than a window - or is it the kind that all you do is adjust the digital temp on the wall?

I know I'm not explaining myself properly, but seeing the photo made me wonder....
Thanks in advance. Cira

The actual AC unit is below the window, but the controls are now on a unit mounted to the wall, next to the bathroom. We haven't stayed at POFQ yet, but this is how it was in the new POR rooms, and they should be the same.

If you visit this link, you can see the wall/window unit and then the controls near the painting towards the bathroom:
http://portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php

Thanks for the link to the photo of the controls. I was wondering if we'd have to be controlling the AC the "old fashioned" (LOL) way or as you indicated, digitally by the painting on the wall. Thank you again for your prompt response and guidance.

we stayed at POR in August. They built a piece of furniture around the air conditioner so it doesn't stick out as an air conditioner any longer. It looks like a bookcase or storage unit. The wall controls worked PERFECTLY. I was shocked how comfortable it was in the room. They even got it to feel like central air into the bathroom!

Someone really was using a LOT of brain power! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter