A Back up Plan

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by maddiemom, Mar 7, 2001.

  1. maddiemom

    maddiemom <font color=blue>DIS Veteran/DVC member<br><font c

    May 21, 2000
    We just bought into VWL. We already have a trip book for October. My question is from reading these boards I know it is always a concern being able to get into anything but your home resort due to the 11 vs.7 month reservation period. Unlike most I wouldn't have problem going to VWL for the next 42 years but if I did decide to go to BWV or OKW, is it ok to go ahead a make reservation 11 months at my home resort and then when I hit the 7 month window try making reservations at BWV or OKW and cancel the other reservations. My concern is if I couldn't get reservation I don't think I could go a year without going to Disney and would like to have a back up plan. Has anyone done this??

  2. drusba

    drusba I went to Iowa once, and it was closed.

    Aug 19, 1999
    It is OK to do what you say.
  3. Niagara2

    Niagara2 Guest

    Many wait list ressies come to fruitation at 7 months as many members do this. I actually call 7 months out at resorts because of all the cancellations and we are usually very successful in getting a ressie due to the cancellations.
  4. travelbug

    travelbug DIS Veteran

    Mar 4, 2001
    Yes, you can do that scenario. I am a new owner, and will be taking my first DVC trip next month. I made my first ressie exactly how you described. I booked at BWV with my 11-month window, then called back at the 7-month window to change to OKW. We're going during EASTER week (no choice with my schedule), and I decided to use few points by having us stay at OKW this time around. We look forward to staying at BWV soon though.

    Good luck planning your trip! Pretty exciting, isn't it?>

Share This Page