a ? about how room only codes are applied

poohandwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I was just reading the thread about July room only codes coming out. At this time there are no room only codes for Aug (when we are going). My question is this.

We currently have a CR tower room booked with the 7 for 5 deal. If a code comes out, can our TA use that code for our existing ressie or does there have to be another 'like' room available to get the RO rate and then we have to cancel the current ressie?

I ask this because I am confused by posts I have seen with people saying the code couldn't be applied to their ressie or there weren't any rooms available, etc.

Hopefully my question makes sense...I don't even know if a code would be beneficial, just wondering how this is handled. Sheesh, who knew there was so much involved in accomodations....?LOL

TIA for any thoughts/responses,
wendy

I don't think any discounts can be combined with Disney...they have a hard enough time doing these discounts as it is I am sure...I would assume that the AAA discounts they are talking about were added to a rack rate reservation...not a discounted reservation...

as far as you go, I would say that you would have to make a new room only reservation...go to www.mousesavers.com and look up the room only rate codes there...I got an AP rate for august...they have some out for that time already...

As far as I know- you have a package booked and you can't apply a room only code to it. If you have a package booked and a room only code is released, you would have to cancel the package and book a room only- they are two separate things. And no, you can't combine two discounts at once. -Stephanie

Oh no, I wasn't asking if I could combine discounts, I was talking about if the RO code is more beneficial, how do they go about changing it from a package to a RO? Does there have to be another 'like' room available...or will they just transfer my (reserved) room onto a new ressie under the new code?

(I knew the way I worded it was confusing, I hope I clarified what I am talking about)

Yes, in general, there would have to be a room available for the room only code to be applied.

For example, if the resort is 100% booked for your night(s) and room only codes come out for that month, Disney would/could not apply a room code to no room.

There is some question that if you cancel your package first, a room would become available. Then you could book the RO reservation. It is unclear whether the computer system is set up to do that.

Ed

I would first determine if the room only code would save you any money. If it would, I would make a reservation with the room only code. Then I would cancel my original package reservation.

One thing to watch though, we are also booked on the 7/5 package, and I had to call Monday to change our dates, and they said you have to make any changes by 46 days before you're scheduled to arrive to avoid penalties.

My family has booked a package deal for 4 nights, 8/9-8/12.

Since we wanted to us our last day on our UPH pass we decied to book just a room at the same WDW resort, that way we wouldn't have to start driving home late at night.

My question is, if a room only code comes out for that time, will I be able to call my TA and have her apply that discount to just that room? We are staying at the ASMo in the preferred building.

When we booked the package we also did the extra room and it has already been paid for.

TIA!!! :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

When a room only code comes out, you don't actually apply that code to your existing reservation.

They check for availability with the new code then change your reservation to the new rate. Your original room goes back into general availability.

Having a reservation at rack rate doesn't guarantee that you will have a room at the discounted rate.

When a discounted room reservation is canceled it goes back into the system as general availability.

Originally posted by airjoe
When a room only code comes out, you don't actually apply that code to your existing reservation.

They check for availability with the new code then change your reservation to the new rate. Your original room goes back into general availability.

Having a reservation at rack rate doesn't guarantee that you will have a room at the discounted rate.

When a discounted room reservation is canceled it goes back into the system as general availability.

Joe has it correct. There are only so many rooms discounted at any particular resort. There will be a certain number of rooms discounted to Passholders, Room only Code, etc. Once that allotment is booked, even if the resort is not sold out then there are none to book.

I know with Annual Pass, standard rooms are not often given many rooms and go quickly. The higher price rooms are easier to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts