• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/24/09 3 Day Wonder - Cruise Meets, and FEs, and Goombays oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol When we cruised on RCCL, we had the late dinner. We went to the gourmet buffet afterward one night and got food because everything looked SO good. But we couldn't eat it. We tried. It just wasn't happening.

we have had the late dinner on ever cruise i have ever been on and have always found a way to eat either the late buffets or room service. Also since we are on the dining plan while at the world and we have the registry so i know we will be eating A LOT OF FOOD! So of course i have subbed to a few of the food boards on here they are great. :worship: I found out that if we wear the honeymooners pin with cinderella and Prince charming on it you get free dessert which i think is nice of them. Now i am having to decide on which long houses @ the Poly to request I would love Hawaii but it is only concierge( wish we could afford that :love: )

That's awesome! I love dessert :) When we went in January for my boyfriend's birthday, they gave him a free funnel cake cause they saw his pin. That's considered a dessert right? :rotfl: I work in a travel agency and I have access to the birnbaum guidebooks for Disney. It's been slow so I've been reading up on the cruise line and there's even a dining guide. My mouth is watering just reading about Ohana's!

Is there a big difference with the longhouses?

The views and a couple are really close to the TTC so you can catch the buses to the other parks or the monorail to epcot instead of taking the one from the poly to TTC and transfering and the views are diff. I would love to be in Tahiti or Tolekaeu (i think thats how you spell it) you can have a MK view and see the fireworks and there is a beach in front of Tahiti that most people don't know about that you can see the water parade and the fireworks from. and the rooms are a little bit bigger in the newer longhouses and they have double sinks. (thank you to Tikiman 2001's website) :worship:

I've heard about the water parade but I've never seen it. Have you?
Oh and since we were talking about Illuminations a few posts back, they're making updates to it for the Celebration promo next year. So now I'm going to have to see it again! :)

I haven't seen the water parade we have only stayed in one other resort where you could watch it (GF) and we didn't watch it. I have seen pictures of it and it looks good. We may stay and see illuminations but i think the day we go to epcot we are going to Planet Hollywood for dinner. I'm just glad we are getting new luggage from my mom for Christmas man did i need it (i over pack just a little bit):rotfl2: which means we will probably be paying an extra bag fee when we fly into orlando unless the smallest piece is small enough to be considered as a carry on.:confused3

I hope someone got me luggage for Christmas! I always borrow my sister's suitcase and I think it's starting to get on her nerves lol. All the stuff I own is weekend or overnight type of luggage! And I overpack too. Especially when I go on cruises :rolleyes1

You should check out the T-Rex cafe when you go! We went on our last trip and it was yummy!!

I purposely asked for luggage this christmas b/c the set i have is only 3 pieces and the biggest one is not big enough for all of my stuff. I may over pack but we have never run out of clothes on any trips and if any of us get sick or are in pain i have what my DFi calls a small medicine cabinet in my luggage. :rolleyes1
I even asked the lady with DCL when we made our reservations if they were sending us more than 2 luggage tags for the magical express since i have never done the magical express. Usually when we fly in we rent a car but i thought since we are doing the land and sea it would be nice to not have to worry about picking up our luggage.I would like to try the TRex place but we are on the dinning plan and i dont think it is on there.

Magical Express is great! I've used it twice and haven't had a problem with it. They show a cute little video on the bus, it's all the characters getting ready to "vacation" in WDW. I love it! The only gripe I've had with it is that they pick you up super early to take you back to the airport. For an 8pm flight, they picked us up at 4. We spent a lot of time sitting around the airport. But since you won't be taking it back, you don't have to worry about that.

I forgot TRex wasn't on the DDP. Maybe they'll add it by next year? Wishful thinking!!

i have seen the video on the DCL bus that will take us from the resort to Port Canaveral and it is all the characters getting ready for the cruise and i have found out from people that have been on the land and sea that the bus should pick us up at 11:30(well i know that is the time they pick up the people from the Poly but i assume it is the same from all the hotels) I know we aren't booking an early flight back i think we are gonna try and get a 4pm flight back home so we can eat breakfast on the ship b/c if you have a flight after 2pm you don't have to get off the ship til 9:30 instead of 7:30 or 8am. I'm glad we don't have to carry our luggage around the resort to get to the room they will put it in the rooms that will be nice (since i know ours will be heavy :rolleyes1 )

I'm not sure if I'm driving or flying yet. We were also thinking about spending another couple of days at Pop Century after the cruise. I can get free 2 day hopper tickets so all we'd have to pay for is the hotel and it's super cheap. The only thing that has been finalized is the land & sea package itself! I still have more planning to do!

i wish we could come back and spend extra days at the world after the cruise but my DFi works for the railroad and he goes back on call the monday after we get back so we can't. My parents are paying for us to fly airtran of course i could get buddy passes from my uncle since he works for Delta and he never uses them but i know with our luck we would get bumped and never get down there. Plus with airtran if you arrive early you can pay like $50 extra if you want to fly 1st class and i am thinking of doing that since this will be my DFi first time flying i think it would be nice for him and for me :yay: I have made the drive too many times to count and its not that bad from here in GA only about 6.5 to 8 hours at the longest.

You're lucky with that drive! The drive for me is 16-17 hours. And that's without stopping. Last time we did it, we stopped in Savannah for the night and then continued on the next day. We did it once where we drove straight through to Orlando and by the time we got there, we were so tired we didn't want to do anything. It's much better to have a stopover!

It's his first time flying? Is he nervous? I'm not a big fan of flying but it's much more convenient!

Savannah is nice I may live in georgia but i have only been there once. Yeah the drive isn't that bad i generally sleep most of the way or we bring a portable DVD player and i watch a movie. He is a little bit nervous but he is also looking forward to not having to drive down or drive while we are at disney. I on the other hand love to fly and prefer it to driving. My mom said he could have one of her xanex before we fly out if he thinks it will bother him (once he takes one of those he wouldn't care what happened) but i don't think he will be that worried about it.

How long is the flight for you guys? It must be short. From NJ it's only 2 1/2 hours. I have to force myself to not think unhappy thoughts when I fly. It's like Peter Pan for me I guess. Think happy thoughts. :) It's not my favorite thing in the world to fly but I'm ok once we're in the air.

Happy Holidays!

its a hour long the longest flight i have been on is to Jamacia which was almost 3 hours i think but we got to watch some i love lucy episodes. Well when we fly i am going to be the one sitting by the window. i enjoy flying but i am always reading the SKY mall magazine the stuff they sell in there is amazing and i wonder if anyone has bought anything from it.:confused3
Merry Christmas to Y'all too!! We are leaving sunday for Nashville to visit my aunt and uncle we call them the beverly hillbillies of our family :rotfl: so everyone loves to visit them. We wanted to go to a Titans game while we were there but they are sold out for 3 years :eek:

Sold out for 3 years? That's insane but I'm not surprised. I think the Jets & Giants have huge waiting lists for season tickets. It's impossible to get them unless they're passed down to you from someone in your family.

Hope you had a great Christmas! I did but I'm exhausted today.

Yeah 3 years since they have a i think 13-2 season and up until their game with the jets they were undefeated and they haven't done this good except for their first season when they went to the Super Bowl. I like the titains but i wish they would have lost their last game since i am a BIG STEELERS FAN!! my step dad in from Penn. so i have grown up watching the steelers but i like the jets mainly b/c of Farve now. The falcons tickets aren't in such a high demand this is the first year in a long time that they haven't SUCKED! so the ticket prices are going up. I had a great Christmas but i was exhausted and we had a pic fight at my dads so i came home looking like camron dias in "somthing about mary" :rotfl2: but it was fun my luggage is already half way packed but i have to do laundry 2morrow inorder to finish it :sad2:

My nephew is a Steeler fan. I don't know how he became one because my brother likes the Jets and my SIL likes the Cowboys. Go figure :confused3

I had a great Christmas too but it was very tiring! I was driving all over the state and I had to work today so I'm pretty beat. I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can just lounge around and relax!!

Oh and under 9 months to go now! :)

it is because the Steelers Rule :cool1: Yeah less than nine months I can't wait i have been watching some videos on You Tube of the Cruise and of course the Horn i have that video saved in my favorites. Well it didn't really feel like christmas down here because it was 70 degrees and we were all wearing shorts:confused: i will like it when i don't have to drive all over the place on Christmas but that wont be for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter