~~~~~~ 9/21/09 Booking Info Thread for 2011 Cruises ~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it an existing reservation? DCL has not allowed that in the past...to combine an OBB and an online booking. Good luck getting through on the phone quickly in the morning.

I just checked the site and do not see where you can book a 2011 cruise. ??? What did you book?

The 12/18/11 cruise is on the Magic and there is also a 12/29/11 cruise.

The poster indicated they booked a 12/18/2010 holiday cruise not a 2011 cruise. Looks like the holiday cruises may be leaving on the same date 2 years in a row.

You can have the onboard agent contact DU via email to release the deposit on their existing ressie and somehow apply the OBC & 10% to the reservation and keep your original room. Kcashner explained how it happened when she did this and it was easier than ever before.

Also, a few years ago I had our OBB with DU and late one Saturday night when the TA could not have called DCL a room came up that I wanted to transfer to. I emailed Tammy and she got right back to me and explained that I needed to book the room we wanted now, send her the ressie number and she would handle combining the reservations to keep main dining, the original price [which had gone up] and get the room I wanted. I got an email back before 9 am Monday morning with the confirmation that it had been done. :)
Very cool! All I have to do now is wait to hear from DU tomorrow. Thanks!

The poster indicated they booked a 12/18/2010 holiday cruise not a 2011 cruise. Looks like the holiday cruises may be leaving on the same date 2 years in a row.

I saw the first post and just figured that no one would be calling DCL tomorrow unless they were booking a 2011 cruise...I would add anyone in their right mind but are any of us on an opening booking day for DCL? :rotfl:

I saw the first post and just figured that no one would be calling DCL tomorrow unless they were booking a 2011 cruise...I would add anyone in their right mind but are any of us on an opening booking day for DCL? :rotfl:

I need to book a 3 day cruise for Jan. before the KSF offer is over and just found out today that DH's vacation time was approved, do I really call the TA I need to use in the morning? Nope...not gonna happen, so I have to hope the offer stays available for at least a day or 2 more.

I would wait a day for that one too! There is no expiration date noted for the offer. It should still be good on Tuesday...and your TA won't think you are nuts for asking them to deal with a 2010 cruise tomorrow. LOL!

I would wait a day for that one too! There is no expiration date noted for the offer. It should still be good on Tuesday...and your TA won't think you are nuts for asking them to deal with a 2010 cruise tomorrow. LOL!

The TA I need to book with won't have a clue why they would be on hold for over 2 hours with DCL since we are booking this thru our timeshare.

This thread is being closed at this time in order to keep all of the activity on the 9/28/09 thread in one place for today's booking. :)

THANK YOU to everyone who has shared their quotes this past week and even called DCL to get quotes specifically for others who would not be able to book until today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter