~~~~~~ 9/21/09 Booking Info Thread for 2011 Cruises ~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got right thru on the first try at 8:00am. I'm booked in a SPH on May 31, 2011 (10A catagory). Total price $2609 for 2 adults, deposit was $600 total, $300/each.

ALASKA!!! 2 adults, 1 kid(14), cat 5B $6767. We transfered an existing ressie so this probably reflect the 10% onboard discount. Includes insurance and transfers. Sail date is July 19!

As for the categories, the "A" cats are premium. Lucky for us we prefer to be up front so our stateroom is a "B"!

I got in right after 8:00 and my hold time is 37 minutes. Don't hang up once you get the "Welcome to the Castaway Club" message. There is a lot of dead air before the recorded voice starts with the prompts.

06/14/11

Cat 10A (5520...was his first call of the day)

2A0K $3425.26

Price Breakdown (per person):
$1459.00 fare
$95.63 taxes
$109.00 vacation protection
$49.00 transfers to/from airport

A couple of side notes:

1) Deposit was $600...but per John, that was at the "currently offered 50% off deposits". So I think after the promotion ends it will be $600 per person.
2) Payment in full date is 120 days before departure
3) Cancellation policy still seems to apply: 90+ days no charge, etc.

Good luck all!

We got in right at 7:00am - took 10 minutes to complete. Knowledgeable CM. Asked for least expensive interior stateroom (we did the '08 WB PC with Cat 12 and it was perfect for us) which I understand with new categorization to be 11C category. He confirmed that. We booked 11C GTY (inside stateroom) at a cost of $4,126 for 2 Adults (EXcludes insurance & travel). Got the 1/2 price deposit of $600 total (for 2 adults). As I recall, this is nearly DOUBLE what we paid for the '08 WB PC (which we booked 1/31/07 in the first tier). I also asked the CM for a price for the "cheapest" verandah for 2 adults and he gave me $7,006.36 (but I didnt clarify what the new category was). Hope this helps - let us all know what prices you got! Lacy & Terry

They're got the music going now...some funky version of Yankee Doodle, but the Disney Cruise Line Announcement Guy is doing his regular break-ins. He does continue to thank me for my time and patience (like I have a choice, LOL!). And he looks forward to speaking with me "momentarily," for which he must have an interesting interpretation since it's been nearly 20 mins. and counting.

I know this is another thing to remember, but could the Alaska people also post the DATE they are sailing? Or at least indicate mid-May, early August, late July?

Alaska pricing varies widely because of the short season. Based on other cruiselines I've followed, early May and late August should be the lowest with July being super-peak-season.

edited to add: ^^^thanks for posting your dates :)

ALASKA!!! 2 adults, 1 kid(14), cat 5B $6767. We transfered an existing ressie so this probably reflect the 10% onboard discount. Includes insurance and transfers

As for the categories, the "A" cats are premium. Lucky for us we prefer to be up front so our stateroom is a "B"!

Hello, fellow "Magic of Tortola" cruiser!!! Sounds like we were both booking at 8AM! :thumbsup2

I think I need an intervention! I have the new deck plans printed out in color - four pages taped together - laying on my desk along with both of our CC cards, credit card and DVC card. AND I have 5 disboard windows open watching 5 thread. All while on hold trying to get a res and trying to work. Thank goodness I have a headset so I can go grab some coffee and take potty breaks (my luck, that's when someone will answer!). :rotfl2:

We got in right at 7:00am - took 10 minutes to complete. Knowledgeable CM. Asked for least expensive interior stateroom (we did the '08 WB PC with Cat 12 and it was perfect for us) which I understand with new categorization to be 11C category. He confirmed that. We booked 11C GTY (inside stateroom) at a cost of $4,126 for 2 Adults (EXcludes insurance & travel). Got the 1/2 price deposit of $600 total (for 2 adults). As I recall, this is nearly DOUBLE what we paid for the '08 WB PC (which we booked 1/31/07 in the first tier). I also asked the CM for a price for the "cheapest" verandah for 2 adults and he gave me $7,006.36 (but I didnt clarify what the new category was). Hope this helps - let us all know what prices you got! Lacy & Terry

They're got the music going now...some funky version of Yankee Doodle, but the Disney Cruise Line Announcement Guy is doing his regular break-ins. He does continue to thank me for my time and patience (like I have a choice, LOL!). And he looks forward to speaking with me "momentarily," for which he must have an interesting interpretation since it's been nearly 20 mins. and counting.

That's what I keep hearing. At least Mr. DCL has a pleasant voice.:)

Still redialing. I got through right before 8 but after the announcements it went dead. :(

5C 2 Adults 2 Kids (2.5 & 5) $7,802.52
11C 2 Adults 2 Kids (2.5 & 5) $4,889.52

5C 2 Adults 2 2 Adults 2 Kids (2.5 & 5) $7,802.52
Kids (2.5 & 5) $7,802.52
2 Adults 2 Kids (2.5 & 5) $7,802.52

Added from later post

August 2, 2011

5C 2A 2C(2.5 & 5) $7,802.52
11C Same $4,889.52

5C 2A 1C(16) $7,040.89
11C Same $4,260.89

5C 2A $5,367.26
11C Same $3,047.26

Taxes & Insurance Included

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter