9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I thought the same thing because I have been receiving hardly any notifications of postings on the threads I am watching -- and I'm watching a lot -- and was told that if you haven't checked on the site or posted, you aren't notified of new postings -- which makes the "watch thread" option useless I think.

Another forum I am on uses this technique so I'm used to it I guess. Its frustrating though as means I have to keep remembering to log in every few days to check on things.

Thank you! :-) I think the PIF date is sometime around May 19th? I'm coming to terms with the fact that the price may be too high compared to what I originally had booked though. My DH are coming up with a Plan B and C. B is we will go on a Mediterranean cruise and see Paris and London afterwards or C we will try to book a Transatlantic cruise in 2018/2019 and go to Florida this year. Lessons learned for me! :upsidedow

They all sound like good back up plans though. I know it will be difficult to not take this one, but it gives you something to plan for. Just curious, why did you cancel before the PIF date and not wait to see if you could still go?

I'm facing some uncertainties, but am waiting (and hoping) it all works out before the PIF date.

Last edited:
They all sound like good back up plans though. I know it will be difficult to not take this one, but it gives you something to plan for. Just curious, why did you cancel before the PIF date and not wait to see if you could still go?

I'm facing some uncertainties, but am waiting (and hoping) it all works out before the PIF date.

I truly hope things work out for you. :-) It's a long story why we thought we had to cancel, but DH is retiring so there more freedom to take a long trip now. Lessons learned! The bright side is that the new itineraries are coming out, so we may just go that route and happily plan for 2018. WDW is looking good this year. lol :-)

I truly hope things work out for you. :-) It's a long story why we thought we had to cancel, but DH is retiring so there more freedom to take a long trip now. Lessons learned! The bright side is that the new itineraries are coming out, so we may just go that route and happily plan for 2018. WDW is looking good this year. lol :-)

Thank you so much. I cannot wait until I retire so I can have more freedom to choose my travel dates and length.

Hi all! DH and I have been booked on this cruise since last summer sometime. I have left it a while before joining any groups as we weren't 100% sure we'd be doing this but as planning really is taking off this week and it's looking more and more likely I am finally letting myself get excited :-). looking forward to meeting you all and getting planning, now back to catch up on anything i may have missed

Hi all! DH and I have been booked on this cruise since last summer sometime. I have left it a while before joining any groups as we weren't 100% sure we'd be doing this but as planning really is taking off this week and it's looking more and more likely I am finally letting myself get excited :-). looking forward to meeting you all and getting planning, now back to catch up on anything i may have missed

Welcome! It's been a bit quiet in this thread, but I think once PIF is done and everyone starts making plans it will pick up. We've only made our pre-cruise plans at this point.

Yeah my hope is after PIF things will pick up a bit! We do have a postcard exchange going on here though :D

Welcome aboard! Two things - let me know either your stateroom number or category; and also let me know if you want to participate in the postcard exchange.

Gah, it's so weird planning a wedding and this vacation at the same time. The wedding consumes quite some time and I'm thinking wow, all this planning for just O-N-E D-A-Y! o_O On the other hand, it costs a furtune so that makes it legitimate I guess. :P Meanwhile my head doesn't have much time left to be consumed in dreaming about and planning the tiniest details for this big trip. Because that's what it is, it really isn't like a weekend downtown or something y'know. :P I guess I should be thankfull for the fact the surprise and wow-factor will be bigger when the time finally arrives to go. :D And yet still it feels like I'm not organizing this trip the way I should, like I would normally do.. Sigh. :rolleyes2

Gah, it's so weird planning a wedding and this vacation at the same time. The wedding consumes quite some time and I'm thinking wow, all this planning for just O-N-E D-A-Y! o_O On the other hand, it costs a furtune so that makes it legitimate I guess. :P Meanwhile my head doesn't have much time left to be consumed in dreaming about and planning the tiniest details for this big trip. Because that's what it is, it really isn't like a weekend downtown or something y'know. :P I guess I should be thankfull for the fact the surprise and wow-factor will be bigger when the time finally arrives to go. :D And yet still it feels like I'm not organizing this trip the way I should, like I would normally do.. Sigh. :rolleyes2

I know that feeling!! Even with all the planning for that one day, some things will still go awry, but your planning will keep those to a minimum! In my case, my fiance assumed that, since I had planned everything, I had also packed his suitcase for the honeymoon... Why would I pack his suitcase? He got to go clothes shopping wearing a tuxedo first thing the next day! LOL

At any rate, I would think that a cruise is the best sort of vacation to stand up to a little bit of un-planning. As long as you have the reservations to get you on the ship and back home, everything else is just icing on a very yummy, completely pre-baked cake. :)

Last edited:
I know that feeling!! Even with all the planning for that one day, some things will still go ****-eyed, but your planning will keep those to a minimum! In my case, my fiance assumed that, since I had planned everything, I had also packed his suitcase for the honeymoon... Why would I pack his suitcase? He got to go clothes shopping wearing a tuxedo first thing the next day! LOL

At any rate, I would think that a cruise is the best sort of vacation to stand up to a little bit of un-planning. As long as you have the reservations to get you on the ship and back home, everything else is just icing on a very yummy, completely pre-baked cake. :)

LOL! :P Those needy, dependent men of ours.. :rolleyes2

I guess you're right about a cruise being the perfect organized holiday. Still, I feel the urge I need to do something to prepare, lol. :rolleyes:

LOL! :P Those needy, dependent men of ours.. :rolleyes2

I guess you're right about a cruise being the perfect organized holiday. Still, I feel the urge I need to do something to prepare, lol. :rolleyes:

Definitely agree! I think you can plan your cruise in a day! So set one day to sort it all - preferably before check in date - and then you will at least feel like you have done something. In truth, the wedding is more important and something that needs to be good.

Hi,
We, my adult son Paul and me Liesbeth, are on this cruise. Booked it on opening day. Will be our 8th cruise with DCL and our 4th WBTA. We are in cabin 1070 (9d)
We have booked our flight back from New York to Amsterdam so now we sure we go. Still have to pay the rest of the cruise before pif date and to book our flight to Barcelona.
We're planning to fly to Barcelona one day before and after the cruise we fly back Sunday evening October 1. I've booked our hotel in Barcelona and have 2 booked in NY (have to choose before we cruise, can cancel till one day before arriving without costs)
I'm also looking at excursions we can do in the ports. Probably most will be with DCL, because of the time we have in the ports.

I'm not so active here anymore. I'm on the place who can not be named here. But it's also not so active there. They have a spreadsheet where you can sign up for lots of activities. But all will be finalized after pif date.

Hi,
We, my adult son Paul and me Liesbeth, are on this cruise. Booked it on opening day. Will be our 8th cruise with DCL and our 4th WBTA. We are in cabin 1070 (9d)
We have booked our flight back from New York to Amsterdam so now we sure we go. Still have to pay the rest of the cruise before pif date and to book our flight to Barcelona.
We're planning to fly to Barcelona one day before and after the cruise we fly back Sunday evening October 1. I've booked our hotel in Barcelona and have 2 booked in NY (have to choose before we cruise, can cancel till one day before arriving without costs)
I'm also looking at excursions we can do in the ports. Probably most will be with DCL, because of the time we have in the ports.

I'm not so active here anymore. I'm on the place who can not be named here. But it's also not so active there. They have a spreadsheet where you can sign up for lots of activities. But all will be finalized after pif date.

Welcome! We are also debating whether we want to book DCL excursions or try to do some ports on our own. We did a mix on our DCL Baltics cruise--DIY, private, and DCL.

Hey Liesbeth! Nice to see you popping over.

I'm torn on the excursions as really struggling with the DCL ones but agree time wise I am concerned about non-DCL ones. Too much to think about lol

Welcome! We are also debating whether we want to book DCL excursions or try to do some ports on our own. We did a mix on our DCL Baltics cruise--DIY, private, and DCL.

Yeah, over the years we have (1) sought out private tour companies which give you more personal tours and are cheaper or (2) if possible rent a car -- like in Newfoundland - and do it on our own. Not just Disney, but other cruiselines, even if the excursions are "reasonable", they never cover everything we want to see or spend enough time at the sites we are most interested in!

I know that feeling!! Even with all the planning for that one day, some things will still go awry, but your planning will keep those to a minimum! In my case, my fiance assumed that, since I had planned everything, I had also packed his suitcase for the honeymoon... Why would I pack his suitcase? He got to go clothes shopping wearing a tuxedo first thing the next day! LOL

Too funny. We had friends who year ago packed all their shoes in one suitcase -- and proceeded to leave it behind at their house. They had to stop and buy shoes at Walmart when they got to Florida :rotfl2:

Hi,

:welcome: You have been added to page one. Please let me know if you want to be in on the postcard exchange.

Hey Liesbeth! Nice to see you popping over.

I'm torn on the excursions as really struggling with the DCL ones but agree time wise I am concerned about non-DCL ones. Too much to think about lol

I'm just so frustrated that so many of the ports seem to not have excursions posted at all. Disney trains us to plan everything so far in advance, and yet isn't giving us info!! The Newfoundland excursions that I can see look absurdly expensive: $260 per person for a *lobster boil?? Call me a spoiled New Englander, but lobster boils are big, family cook-out picnics, not Victoria and Albert's.

Ponta Delgada prices look reasonable-highish, but if that's the way prices go in Newfoundland, we're hoofing it on our own. o_O

I might just have to head over to our nearby Barnes & Noble for a Rick Steves book. His DIY guide for Tallinn was great, and we only spent 3 euros each there. Ponte Delgada looks to be the shortest time in port, and I have yet to see a DCL excursion that appeals to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter