8 Simple Rules - They did it all right

For those of you unable to see the episode of "8 simple rules..." I just saw that ABC is rerunning on Saturday night. It will show in the time slot of LA Dragnet. Check your local listings.

It was a tear jerker...a must see!

Great episode. I was in tears, but I wonder how the rest of the shows will be without John Ritter. He really made that show.:(

I agree - it was well done. The only time I was bothered was during a commercial break - it might have been shown only locally - but it was a commercial for the first season of Threes Company on DVD. It was a 60 second commercial obviously trading on John's death. I thought it was very distasteful.

But I thought the show was well done.

adamb

I agree, adamb - I was just going to mention that...

You and I were watching it on the same ABC affiliate (howdy neighbor!) - so I guess it could have been a local feed - but it left a bad taste in my mouth, nonetheless..

Did anyone see the interview with John Ritter's wife and Cynthia McFadden? Now that was heart wrenching,especially when she said their 5 year old stood on their bed, arms extended in from of her, eyes looking above, pleading "drop him". Amy Yasbeck (?) asked what she was doing and she said that she was asking God to give him back. The mom replied "its not going to work" to which the 5- year-old replies "how do we know if we don't try". Needless to say, I was hysterical.

No one is promised tomorrow. I didn't watch "Simple Rules" prior to John Ritter's death. Kind of macabre that I tuned in after his death. I thought the episode was nicely done, emotional and not intended to be a ratings grabber.

I finally saw it yesterday, and that was a good show. They did it well and was a good reflection on death in the family. My grandparents are sick now, so this was really emotional for me.

I'm a guy, but I'd have to admit.....

I cried. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter