8/9 Initial Dream Cruise - What I Wish I Knew Before, During and Observations

Thank You so much for your feedback! I do have a question about the disembarkation process. I’ve only seen one video of it thus far and the line seemed very long and not very socially distanced. Did you have this experience as well? We’re trying to determine the best time to go to disembark.
We did express walk off yesterday about 715 and it looked like we were the second family off. Walked right off and thru customs, no wait. They called our green tinker bell luggage tag group to disembark at about 715 as well but we hadn’t checked bags

I'm not sure why they cannot just take reservations of 10 and rotate (every hour) between vaxed and unvaxxed guests like how they're operating the fitness center.
Because the rainforest room is a very warm, humid and enclosed space, perfect for spreading germs.

I'd call it more of a PITA than risk.
It's both, unless you're the type who always will stick with Disney no matter what changes they make, and are always going to be able to travel to a Disney vacation spot no matter what else happens in your life.

Having your travel money tied up in advance in a given company means that you either have to travel with them, or lose the money, and over the past year with all of the Covid and cost-cutting changes, many have decided to stop vacationing with Disney. If they had thousands of dollars invested in Disney gift cards, they would be so out of luck. Not to mention those who in the past year and a half have lost their jobs, have a family illness or other life change (such as a child leaving the nest for college) that makes cruising or visiting Disney parks either no longer possible or no longer appealing.

Last edited:
It's both, unless you're the type who always will stick with Disney no matter what changes they make, and are always going to be able to take a Disney vacation no matter what else happens in your life.

Having your travel money tied up in advance in a given company means that you either have to travel with them, or lose the money, and over the past year with all of the Covid and cost-cutting changes, many have decided to stop vacationing with Disney. If they had thousands of dollars invested in Disney gift cards, they would be so out of luck. Not to mention those who in the past year and a half have lost their jobs, have a family illness or other life change (such as a child going off to college) that makes cruising or visiting Disney parks no longer possible or appealing.
Yes, good point. That part depends on your long term travel plans and ability to have money tied up like that. As someone who books multiple cruises years out, I am familiar and conformable with this but I realize that for many (especially those looking to cut the costs as much as possible) this may not always be possible.

It sounds like the variety in Cabanas is limited with all the areas having the same food. Can you provide your perspective? We always enjoy breakfast and lunch there with so many options but may end up in MDR more often for upcoming trips.

It sounds like the variety in Cabanas is limited with all the areas having the same food. Can you provide your perspective? We always enjoy breakfast and lunch there with so many options but may end up in MDR more often for upcoming trips.

We usually go to Cabanas for the variety, and I was a bit disappointed in that. It was definitely limited.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter