8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh No! Have spent the last 4 days in the hospital with DH. Drs. say he had a TIA (mini stroke). No lasting difficulties that we know of, but still running lots of tests. Hope they okay us for the cruise. Everything is bought and DD10 is already packed. I have lots that won't get done. Might be the worst dressed but as long as we're on the cruise...:scared:

Prayers for your DH and the rest of your family. Hopefully you will get to come with us!:hug:

Oh No! Have spent the last 4 days in the hospital with DH. Drs. say he had a TIA (mini stroke). No lasting difficulties that we know of, but still running lots of tests. Hope they okay us for the cruise. Everything is bought and DD10 is already packed. I have lots that won't get done. Might be the worst dressed but as long as we're on the cruise...:scared:

I hope everything goes well.

It's ok to not get it all done. ;)

Oh the yucky part of today....besides not leaving yet...

My tv just died!!!!! :sad2: :sad1:

I take 2 steps forward and 4 back!!!

Chrissie

Well, all I can say is, better your tv than your computer. I could live without my tv before the cruise, but not the dis!:)

It is always something, isn't it?:confused3

I understand I am nervous about putting my cat in daycare which she has never been. So, I hope that she will be fine. Plus they will email me and let know that she is ok when we are able to check it on the ship.

I am glad that your dogs like it you do as well. I know where we are taking our cat they also have "cat and dog spas" lol. I think that is so funny. For the dogs they even have icecream served to them - oh and you can also talk to your dog on the phone. Cat's you can't. We are taking her to pets hotel (pets mart). Its very nice.

So, please take care and talk soon,

Harley is going to stay with our vet while we're gone. He'll be spoiled rotten there!

Thanks Lisa for the Rockin' Pirate Roster!

and smart add comments....

Poor M! She's still traumatized by my screaming her name & grabbing her in a bear hug when I first met her at WDW. :rotfl:

:rotfl:
Just a little...
at least you warned me you would do it.

I like to leave the hugging to the professionals...
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to watch out for Diane.

:thumbsup2

With this group, ya never know when someone is going to come running at you full speed or leap out of a dark corner for a hug.

And Like It !!

Hey Guys! Just wanted to post, I will be out of commission for a few days. :sad2: My neighbor died suddenly on Saturday - :sad: and his viewing and funeral will take up this whole week. I must say this was probably one of the few times in my life where I have seen both my father and my brother in tears. Add to the fact that April's getting her wisdom teeth out later this morning (all four of them - YIKES!) Poor thing as if having an earthquake and stitches on her left flank ( :laughing: ) wasn't enough! She had a mole removed and got serveral stitches which she makes me check several times a day because she thinks they are infected. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, my son has been chasing me around the house trying to get me to check out his herniated disk. YUCK! This from the guy who doesn't like his back touched. :rolleyes:

I did tell you all that its always one thing or another with me right? Meanwhile, I did manage to take my formal to the cleaners but it will take one week to clean - just in time for leaving next week.

So, if anyone needs to get in contact with me, leave a message - I'll get back to you soon. Probably over the weekend.

Pray for me that the dreaded 3 curses doesn't happen or at least wait until I'm on the TOAL. :sad2:

:sad2: :sad1:

:grouphug:

(see, I hug)

Well, if you traumatized her I finished it in when I met her in DC for I greeted her in the same way! :lmao: :rotfl2: . I just figured I sweated . . . . um . . . . excuse me - I "glowed" a bit too much on my way into DC. :lmao: Anyway, M, its really your fault - your humor makes us think your part of our family! ;)

:rotfl2: So what you're saying is those of you I haven't offended with my smart add comments during the last 17 months all want to hug me? Of course now those I have offended want to hug me too, just to bug me. :)

OK people...I don't HATE hugging. I'm just usually not the initiator.

We hired pet sitters. Our babies stay home and they come to the house to take care of them. I couldn't see putting them, especially my kitties in a kennel for so long.

My Alaskan Husky is going to be a city dog for 2.5 weeks. She's staying with one of my co-workers in downtown DC. Should be interesting....

I like to leave the hugging to the professionals...
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to watch out for Diane.

I guess I am one of those professionals so watchout Deanna and M. I am going to find you on the ship and give a hug!!!:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well, if you traumatized her I finished it in when I met her in DC for I greeted her in the same way! :lmao: :rotfl2: . I just figured I sweated . . . . um . . . . excuse me - I "glowed" a bit too much on my way into DC. :lmao: Anyway, M, its really your fault - your humor makes us think your part of our family!

Wait til M meets me.:lmao: :lmao:

Hey Guys! Just wanted to post, I will be out of commission for a few days. :sad2: My neighbor died suddenly on Saturday - and his viewing and funeral will take up this whole week. I must say this was probably one of the few times in my life where I have seen both my father and my brother in tears. Add to the fact that April's getting her wisdom teeth out later this morning (all four of them - YIKES!) Poor thing as if having an earthquake and stitches on her left flank ( ) wasn't enough! She had a mole removed and got serveral stitches which she makes me check several times a day because she thinks they are infected.

Meanwhile, my son has been chasing me around the house trying to get me to check out his herniated disk. YUCK! This from the guy who doesn't like his back touched.

I did tell you all that its always one thing or another with me right? Meanwhile, I did manage to take my formal to the cleaners but it will take one week to clean - just in time for leaving next week.

So, if anyone needs to get in contact with me, leave a message - I'll get back to you soon. Probably over the weekend.

Pray for me that the dreaded 3 curses doesn't happen or at least wait until I'm on the TOAL.

:sad2: :sad1:

Laura your house sounds like mine but my Children are older. It never stops. My prayers will be with you that just deal with it all.:hug: :hug: :flower3: :flower3: :yay: See you soon now.

Cheryl
kool.gif

I like Lime better!!! Thanks Father Mike. I prefer white wine too but I guess that is not going to happen.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh I'm stressing on this packing thing. I'm working on it but I can't make up my mind what to do!
I can't decide if I should cram as much as possible in our carryons to try to make sure we don't lose anything in case our luggage gets lost- but I can't fit it ALL in carryons so then I'd have to have checked luggage too and that would be a pain to have both carryons and checked luggage when it's just me and 3 kids (most of which aren't much help with luggage so that might be more trouble than it's worth)
or
If I should just cram it all in checked luggage, not worry about having to mess with more luggage/carryons with the kids- and just cross my fingers that none of our luggage gets lost? I just get so worried about that happening because it would be a nightmare to arrive and be missing luggage, ESPECIALLY if it was luggage that had MY clothing in it or other necessary items (because it's not easy to find clothes that fit me well..... that's another nightmare for me- trying to find clothes that fit :lmao: )

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh calgon take me away! I really just cannot decide which to do.
What are the odds really of luggage being lost? I guess maybe I shouldn't even worry about it because after hearing about some luggage being lost by DCL (and the other people who got it by mistake keeping it in their rooms until the last night- which totally STINKS btw.....) we'd stand a chance for our carryons to get lost by DCL anyway! I mean what if we go thru all the trouble of tons of carryons (one each I mean) and dealing with that- only to have DCL lose one or something?
I just want all my stuff to make it there. LOL

Ours has only been "misplaced" once and it finally showed up at our hotel at 11pm that night. Stressful,yes but it made it in time.

Thank You Tina for the Rockin' pirate wrist bands
And the green ones glow in the dark !!

Thank You Esteri for the Rockin' Pirate Shirts

Thank You Desiree for the Rockin' lanyards

Thank You Cheryl & Kristina for the Rockin' Linked Dining

Thank You Chris & Wendy for the Rockin' Bus (Well, I don't mean rockin' that way)

Thank You Mike for the Rockin' Deck Plans

Thank You Paula for the Rockin' Cartagena Tour

Thank You Pamela & M for the Rockin' Navigator

Thank You Julie for the Rockin' FE

Thank You Tom for the Rockin' Web Site

Thank You Laurie & Monica for the Rockin' Drink Tastings

It was all our pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug: :hug:

Thanks for just being you!!:hug:

I hope everything goes well.

It's ok to not get it all done. ;)

My husband always says "If you want until the last minute to do everything, it only takes a minute to do it". No need to stress over what doesn't get done (I'm saying this more so I listen :lmao: )

I have forgotten toothbrushes, tuxedo shirts, t-shirts before and we still had a great time on those cruises. We were able to buy two of them and for the tuxedo shirt, we just used a different dress shirt and it actually looked pretty sharp! It all works out!

Hmm....Page 151, this is moving right along......

7 work days left (not that I'm counting or anthing)

Andy

Has anyone left an autograph book for Characters to sign????:confused3
DGC asked me and I am not sure!!:confused3 :confused3

:rotfl:
Just a little...
at least you warned me you would do it.

With this group, ya never know when someone is going to come running at you full speed or leap out of a dark corner for a hug.

:grouphug:

(see, I hug)

:rotfl2: So what you're saying is those of you I haven't offended with my smart add comments during the last 17 months all want to hug me? Of course now those I have offended want to hug me too, just to bug me. :)

OK people...I don't HATE hugging. I'm just usually not the initiator.

I was wondering about this....I was going to ask this in chat so people won't be surprised or shocked if I want to give them a big hug when meeting them! It sounds like I am not the only one who does it. :)

Thank You Chris & Wendy for the Rockin' Bus (Well, I don't mean rockin' that way)

Ditto from me too! (Sorry everyone for posting all the quotes again, but I wanted to echo the remarks.)
Thanks everyone! :wizard:

Don't you think part of our concern about our pets is that they can't tell us that it's okay or not!! KWIM? However - when I picked up the dogs today (I have 2 German Shepherds) they were running around having a great time and didn't seem to want to leave. THAT made me feel that this was the right place!
Cats are more "regal" - in fact I think the idea of "spa" suits cats!! Our (late) kitties ruled - the dogs always aknowledged their supremacy in our home!!! We miss them - DH & I have talked about getting another cat (or cats) - but not until we get back.
I'm feeling less stressed w/the dog care resolved. Now I only need to finish home/business stuff - oh - and pack - oh - and pick up a few more odds & ends ------THEN - I'm ready to go!!

8/15 - we'll be on the plane to LA and to DD's. Then - the TOAL Begins!!

We are lucky... My parents are on the way to the airport so they'll watch the dogs. Unfortunately our female has discovered that she can jump/climb the fence (5.5ft high) and likes to go for jaunts around the neighborhood :( Last weekend when we were visiting, it took us a while to find her. She was so tired and hot that she couldn't keep up with me on the short walk back...

I tried :lmao: :lmao: but I am not even going to try to play ketchup to yesterday posts....l:rotfl2: :rotfl:

Why not?

:lmao: :lmao:

What she said!

That is one part I hate. My plans fell through so now I am looking to board Dante. He gets stressed so easily.:sad2: Sounds like you found a good place.:goodvibes

We could never board Sam, and Suki is questionable too... Sam is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY dog aggressive and has lots of anxiety :(

Thanks Tom!! Again..this speadsheep has all the websites we found of the ports and the panama canal that our family at home can use to see our ship while we are sailing! Figured we would share!!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I was wondering about this....I was going to ask this in chat so people won't be surprised or shocked if I want to give them a big hug when meeting them! It sounds like I am not the only one who does it. :)

I am not usually a hugger either but I feel sure there will be many people I feel the desire to hug. :)

I got to say- I do 95% of everything to get ready for this trip and my DH sighs when I ask him to finish the labels for the FE gifts. :sad2:
I am about to go into my "Do you have any idea what I have done to get ready for this cruise?" He loves that particular speech. ;)

I had the same conversation with my DH last night. I told him I was running out of time to get everything done. His response....don't worry about it. I guess I was looking for, what can I do to help, or don't worry, I'll help you, but no, just don't worry about it.:confused: Oh well...like sk8 said, we are healthy and able to go, and the kids just want to spend some more time with friends before we leave. Family is what truly matters above all else.:)

Big announcement here on Monday, our swim team head coach is taking a different job so he can keep his benefits with their first baby due in two weeks? Imagine that....the school board will decide on August 28 whether or not to keep our pool open at least until Dec. 31. If they do keep the pool open, he would have had a job for 3 more months, then not sure after that. One of the other coaches is stepping up to be head coach, so at least the kids know him, but our head coach started the team with one swimmer 5 years ago, we are up to 50 swimmers now, and we started swimming with him shortly after that. We are sad for the team, but know it was the right thing for him. DD is very sad as she swam in his group, but I know she will be ok with it in time. The things life deals you some times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter