8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave the early morning the 14th , so hopefully we have them by the 13th , if not oh well , we checked in on line and printed and signed the contract so I think we should be okay , but you know we love our Mickey Mail ...lol

pirate:

I'll bet you will get them by then . . . on the 5 night thread someone said the docs were being printed soon . . . I know how you feel -- even though we really don't "need" any of the things in the doc mailing, it makes it seem so much more real to get them!

Ok what's up? I save multi-quotes and I do not get anything?

I apoligize if this has already been discussed but I called the airlines that Disney booked for me to confirm seat assignments and when I asked about baggage fee's for 2nd bags - American Airlines stated that I will also be charged for each passangers 1st bag!

Could this be correct that although I purchased my air thru Disney that I now have to pay $15.00 for each 1st bag I check-in?

I have sent an email to DU since I transferred my ressie to them and I am hoping American is wrong on this. Has anyone who booked via Disney been told that depending on carrier they need to pay for 1st bags as well as any other bag check-ins?

I am afraid it is correct . Terri (Nutty 4 Disney?) has already confirmed that DCL did not buy them early enough to get free bags.
Sorry- stinks, huh?

Yep, my TA called AA while I was picking up my docs last week and that is what they told her. I have not contacted DCL to see what they have to say. Now Delta is charging for the second bag, but if what I have heard is true we should be OK checking in on the ship and not be charged.

I would encourage you to discuss with DCL as their delay in booking the airfare is what generated the fee. You put deposit and paid for airfare through them ages ago!

Plus, does the airfare terms and conditions from DCL say you are responsible for the fees?

You mean you actually read those things?:lmao:

grumpydietcoke.jpg

grumpy yipeeee to bad its not a regular coke LOL :rotfl:

We leave the early morning the 14th , so hopefully we have them by the 13th , if not oh well , we checked in on line and printed and signed the contract so I think we should be okay , but you know we love our Mickey Mail ...lol

pirate:

I was originally told that the documents would be sent together but they weren't. I was told on Tuesday that they have started the work on the documents for the 5 night so they likely will go out next week. Plenty of time!

:idea: Oh yeah! Y'all remember my demon heathens at the dinner table? Seems April and I were talking yesterday and the kid that broke the salt shaker and spread it on the carpet? ::yes:: that one - well seems he was only 13 and the parents talked The Stack personnel into letting him be there. The day after the dinner incident, he was in Diversions when he got mad at the Wii and broke it and then threw the control down the elevator shaft. :scared1: The counselors DID NOT THROW OUT the kid and his friends/relatives that were also doing stuff, instead they just fixed it somehow - (duct tape :rotfl2: ) and continued to use it.

They didn't say anything to the parents and the other kids were so mad at him that they all ended up giving him a hard time. I was surprised, plus whenever he came around, they all moved. She thought they knew someone high up or the counselors because the kids always ended up sitting with the counselors. Talk about your recurring nightmare - I usually leave kids alone - that is my hands off policies, but since I witnessed and experienced them - Thank God I got my kids - Andrew and all! :lmao:

My sympathy goes to the counselors. If the parents can't/won't discipline the kids, what are they going to do? You can't make them walk the plank. Unlike a school, youth group or camp, you can't send them home. You have limited authority and you're stuck with them.

It wouldn't surprise me if the counselors either drew straws, or figured out who had the best chance of controlling them, and those counselors tried to "reach out" to the kids so as to keep them out of trouble as much as possible.

When you're a counselor and you have kids like that, it's very frustrating and you just keep telling yourself "it's only a week, it's only a week - and I'll never see them again."

The group I work with, we have them for 4 or 5 years - so when we have a tough case, it's worth the time to invest in really working on behavior. Even when the parents are hopeless, we've worked some miracles.

I made it through college without drinking coffee too! Then I discovered the Starbucks drinks that are mostly not coffee :) And then I developed a taste for it... Now with me not working, it's a rare indulgence :) I like tea, both iced and hot. DH will not drink tea or coffee, but will drink Pepsi. His favorite was Raspberry Coke which he got hooked on in New Zealand and apparently it's ONLY available in New Zealand! And only for a few months too...

Same here (or Diet Mt. Dew)

I had a 6 year old I was watching ask me if she could have mt dew...she was bonkers as it was..like I was going to let her get more hyper!

I'll bet you will get them by then . . . on the 5 night thread someone said the docs were being printed soon . . . I know how you feel -- even though we really don't "need" any of the things in the doc mailing, it makes it seem so much more real to get them!

Yeah..it's the idea of just having them!

Pack the small one.

Aren't they ALL SMALL?

My sympathy goes to the counselors. If the parents can't/won't discipline the kids, what are they going to do? You can't make them walk the plank. Unlike a school, youth group or camp, you can't send them home. You have limited authority and you're stuck with them.

It wouldn't surprise me if the counselors either drew straws, or figured out who had the best chance of controlling them, and those counselors tried to "reach out" to the kids so as to keep them out of trouble as much as possible.

When you're a counselor and you have kids like that, it's very frustrating and you just keep telling yourself "it's only a week, it's only a week - and I'll never see them again."

The group I work with, we have them for 4 or 5 years - so when we have a tough case, it's worth the time to invest in really working on behavior. Even when the parents are hopeless, we've worked some miracles.

I can only imagine what they have to deal with at times...and I wonder how much they can say to the parent(s) and/or child...

I am in the same place..most kids we have for 4-5 years and we can take the time to help (when sometimes the parents won't) and when we know they really need it....and yes they do feel like miracles sometimes!

Chrissie

Dh & I drink a soda in the mrning. he likes tea (hot & clod), also. I dislike tea and coffee.

My dh drinks diet coke in the morning too..and the afternoon and at night!! I like a GOOD cup of coffee in the mornings..so I will be drinking OJ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter