8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a break from work now that we are ordering dinner....

I have to admit, my DDs are totally addicted to webkinz... They've had them for at least 18 months now. I am embarrased to admit my older DD has about 30 of them and the younger about 20. (yes, my father in law spoils them rotten)

Whats is amazing is how my DDs know the name of every webkinz they own! Go figure.

If anyone wants to share their DD or DS Webkinz names..I know my DD would love to "chat" with them in Webkinz world too...Send me a PM and I will respond with DD name as well!

Hi there,

In regards to the lanyards...if anyone ordered extra for any reason and really do not want extra ...I do have a couple of people looking for lanyards.

Also, I have a list going for people who would like lanyards and did not get to order. I am not making any promises that I will be able to locate you lanyards but will do the best I can.

Send me a PM if this applies to you. Please don't give up lanyards if you really want the extra you ordered...this is just if you don't want them. Also...sending me a PM willing to give up extra lanyards - I can only take them back if I have requests for them..otherwise - you are still the proud owner! :)

Thanks!

This is the list I have of girls that want to participate in working on a badge. Let me know if I forgot anyone. Also, if anyone has seen any badges they be interested in working on, let me know.

Caropooh-
DD14- Senior
DD9- Junior

msaseifert
DD9- Junior

Discruiser
DD8- Brownie

Celestine
DD8- Brownie (Girl Guides)

captaincrash
DD7- Brownie
DD4- Daisy

downrivermama
DD10- Junior

A Little Pixie Dust
DD10- Junior

Please add my DD6--Brownie to the list.

Thanks!

Taking a break from work now that we are ordering dinner....

I have to admit, my DDs are totally addicted to webkinz... They've had them for at least 18 months now. I am embarrased to admit my older DD has about 30 of them and the younger about 20. (yes, my father in law spoils them rotten)

Whats is amazing is how my DDs know the name of every webkinz they own! Go figure.

I have a friend who has a son(9) and daughter (7)- between the two of them I believe the count is over 100 webkinz... yes over 100.....:confused3 and I know this b/c not only am I tortured with "come see my site," but they are also used as missiles thrown at me.... lots of fun!!!! :duck:

I have a friend who has a son(9) and daughter (7)- between the two of them I believe the count is over 100 webkinz... yes over 100.....:confused3 and I know this b/c not only am I tortured with "come see my site," but they are also used as missiles thrown at me.... lots of fun!!!! :duck:

Sounds as bad as the Beanie Babies craze! :scared1:

Wow....and I was embarrassed to shared that my DD has 20 of them!

If anyone wants to share their DD or DS Webkinz names..I know my DD would love to "chat" with them in Webkinz world too...Send me a PM and I will respond with DD name as well!

I'll ask her in the AM... She is very shy... but might be interested! How old are your kids... my DDs are 8 and 6

This is the list I have of girls that want to participate in working on a badge. Let me know if I forgot anyone. Also, if anyone has seen any badges they be interested in working on, let me know.

Caropooh-
DD14- Senior
DD9- Junior

msaseifert
DD9- Junior

Discruiser
DD8- Brownie

Celestine
DD8- Brownie (Girl Guides)

captaincrash
DD7- Brownie
DD4- Daisy

downrivermama
DD10- Junior

A Little Pixie Dust
DD10- Junior

I posted my two girls on the pirate zone as a "yes" on this....I also was curious if we pay one person to bring badges for all the girls or each of us bring enough badges for all the girls and an activity to "earn" it....?

I'll ask her in the AM... She is very shy... but might be interested! How old are your kids... my DDs are 8 and 6

I have a DD7 and DD9 who now have webkinz.....(hum....we had decided my girls were the LAST KIDS EVER to get one....) would be happy to PM their IDs so they can chit chat :)

At least they are relatively inexpensive. And I also like that they can play with friends online, and send each other little "gifts". Dd gets such a kick out of decorating her pet's rooms, too.

That is dd's favorite thing -- and buying new clothes for her dog! LOL! This si the same thing she does on Habbo but, Webkinz doesn't cost us an arm and a leg buying *Habbo* coins! LOL!

Get mugged...
Live in a crappy overpriced row house..
Have really really crappy public schools...
Get yourself a better job by commuting to Joisey....
Pay tolls daily crossing the river to said job.
Drive an insane amount of miles daily because everything is so spread out...
(You might as well live 40 miles away since that's what you'd put on your car daily anyway...)

Oh wait..you just want to visit..Afraid i lived there. No incentive could make me move back there....

Although i have to say. The WAWA, cheesesteaks, amoroso rolls, Tastykakes, and soft pretzels do make it hurt less....

DC is nice to visit too...Again... You don't want to live there...

Gettysburg...Same thing. Historic in the middle of NOWHERE with slim to no services.

Just ask M for her 34,529,457,458,968 reasons for not promoting life in the DC area....:rolleyes1

I wouldn't want to *live* in any of those places! But, I love to visit and hear all the fascinating history!!!
I've lived and visitied many of the States and I am living in the ONLY one I ever want to live in!!!! It is ALL about the PEOPLE!
I used to say I would love Colorado weather with Texas people! LOL! I ONLY want to live here!

Thanks for thinking of me last week everyone....

I am surviving so far... (yeah no tall buildings to jump off of in Fredneck)

I am having lunch tomorrow with some peeps from my old office...

We'll see if going back there is a possibility...

I know i need to find something though... It makes it hard to even look being this close to the trip...

I feel doomed.... :sad2: (and not being able to cancel stinks too... since trip insurance won't cover a job loss that is under 3 years)

I might have to stay away from here for awhile.... I'm just not feeling the excitement...

I'm sorry to read about your situation. Positive vibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes are being sent your way. I was unemployed for 11 months last year and finally found the best opportunity of my career. If you need anything feel free to pm me...:hug:

Dining is now in the capable hands of DCL (verified this morning....)

They will be processing us all in the next couple weeks...

Don't freak out when you check your reservations and happen to see another 258 or so names on your reservations....

Yes Capt you read that right.....

258 souls at Capt's dining.....

That is all....

PS.... All you GTY's send me your room #'s as you get them....

People linked with other non-DIS reading cabins, make sure that you torture your tablemates accordingly until they divulge their #'s as well.

pirate: -K

WOW:eek:
Those are a lot of soulspirate:
So looking forward to seeing you all at dinner:woohoo:
Thanks so much for doing this Kristina:yay:

I'm anticapating very hot weather on the excursions for this cruise and was wondering if anyone has used "cooling collars" for the heat? They look like a good idea on the web sites but do they really help keep you cool?:confused3

I'm anticapating very hot weather on the excursions for this cruise and was wondering if anyone has used "cooling collars" for the heat? They look like a good idea on the web sites but do they really help keep you cool?:confused3

My DH has one & he claims that it does keep him cool & he says, "It's awesome!" Guess he likes it, but he tends to forget he has it. :rolleyes:

I first posted this on the weekend and received a couple suggestions which I have added to the design. If anyone else has any thoughts, let me know. Otherwise, I'll post a link to the full size version later tonight or tomorrow.

I have a couple other designs that might be useful...

This one is a quick modification to one I did for our last Western cruise. (It used to say Grand Cayman) I did it as T-shirts since we usually wear T-shirts when snorkeling and such to try and protect us a little more from getting burned - but it could also be a door magnet.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a full size version. Just let me know.

If anyone else has any ideas for magnets they would like me to take a try at, just let me know.

Pamela

I LOVE them!!!!

Cabo is not THAT BAD! They have some of the best hotels anywhere (Palmilla, Esperanza, Las Venetas al Paraiso, Westin Los Cabos). Granted, they are not in Cabo San Lucas proper (they are along the Corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo. Lands End is very neat (as is Lovers Beach). Fishing is great there. As is golf (I highly recommend Cabo del Sol). If you are looking for a fantastic gourmet meal try Pitahayas. The place is 5 diamond rated (and was great when I was there 12 years ago). And for authentic Mexican atmosphere... go to San Jose Del Cabo. If you want adventure, do an ATV to Cabo Falso.

I wish we were staying in Cabo later!

Dh loves Cabo -- he hasn't gone to the beach there (he told me that he thought that Lover's beach is the only actual swimming type beach). But, he thinks it's beautiful loves the deep sea fishing, hanging out and eating and drinking in the evening!

I lived in DC for a number of years and LOVED every single minute of it. I miss the culture and diversity that the city has to offer. At the same time, it had a small town feeling. The "neighborhoods" were just that and I always ran into people that I knew. Granted after Sept. 11th, I was glad to be out, but part of me longs to be back.

My dad and then one of my brothers lived in DC during the mid to late 90's. My dad moved back here in May of 1998 because he couldn't stand the fact that he had another grandchild that he couldn't see all the time -- my now 10ds. ;)
They lived on *M street*? not that far from the Spy museum area. My dad worked in L'Enfant Plaza in the Post Master General's office -- he worked in Consumer Affairs.

I love mine!!! Disney gave them to us when we do our ABD this past year.

What does a gourmet pirate add to his dinner? ..........A gAARRRRGGHnish

where do pirates like to eat? ........... the HARRRRRRD rock cafe

what's a pirates favorite fast food restraunt? .........arrrrrr-by's

What does a vegan pirate do in jail? ...........Starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve

What's a pirate's favorite food? ...........Arrrrrtichokes.

What has 258 legs, 258 hands and 258 eyes? ......258 pirates.

That sounds like my dd's last birthday! Webkinz-palooza! She is sooooo into those things. But you are right....there are much worse things they could be interested in. So, I'll take Webkinz! BTW, did you hear they are selling them on the ship now?

Ds has a birthday coming up, and he will be turning 13. He decided to add "no gifts" to the invitation, and ask everyone to bring something to add to a box we will send to a soldier in Iraq. He is having a "Guitar Hero" theme party, and so it is fitting we send a gift to a REAL HERO.

Des, didn't you have a web site address for sending boxes to soldiers in need? Or was that someone else?
What a great idea Deanna:thumbsup2 You must be so proud of your son:goodvibes

Coming onboard to the discussion group late and missed the orders for the T-*****s. Any chance there will be a second "late" order going in that I could get in on?
WELCOME ABOARD Russ:cheer2: :cheer2: I think it may be too late to order more t-shirts, sorry:confused3 Maybe check with Esteri as she handled the orders.

I first posted this on the weekend and received a couple suggestions which I have added to the design. If anyone else has any thoughts, let me know. Otherwise, I'll post a link to the full size version later tonight or tomorrow.

Pamela
They're great Pamela:thumbsup2 Thanks so much:hug:

Hi Andrew, I hope Susan is better and the kids enjoy their camps.

What you said at the end is something I have to constantly remind myself -- and my girls -- that while it is so much fun to have something to look forward to, we have to be cautious not to spend so much time living in the future that we fail to appreciate the present.:thumbsup2
I'm actually enjoying the anticipation a lot:upsidedow A little worried that the real thing won't be as good as the plan:confused:

Andrew, Hope your DW gets better soon:flower3: Better sick now than on the cruise.

I see a trend here! We should start a list of webkinz kids and their animals, so they can meet up in the game.

My DD11 is also a webkinz fan:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter