7 nights, 3 boys, 1 wild trip - AKL in May 2016 *COMPLETE!*

So it has been FOREVER since I updated this PTR. I'm ashamed.
Take your time. I've gotten SUPER lazy about keeping up with threads! :laughing:

Since my last update I have:

*Changed, added, and dropped ADRs
*Made FP+ reservations
*Ordered Magic Bands!
WOW! How exciting! You've been busy!

The ADR that I ended up dropping was Garden Grill breakfast. As excited as I as was for that cinnamon roll casserole, I just couldn't justify the cost of another character meal when we already have 3 we aren't willing to give up. We'll eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons that day instead.
You could always do it in October! (I am!)

The ADR I added was at Boma on our rest day. We're staying at AKL so I feel like we need to eat one meal here since there are so many amazing restaurants. Breakfast at Boma seems like the meal most likely to please everyone in our group. Plus I booked our favorite brunch-y time of 10:30. We get to try both breakfast and lunch foods at the breakfast prices. :thumbsup2

You will NOT be disappointed! Love love love me some BOMA!!!

Look at you, all ready with all your notes! Too cute!

I got everything I wanted at the times that I had planned on so I was one happy Disney girl! :cloud9:
Congratulations!!!

Looks great! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for the purple band! I think I'm going to get one for October! I was going to get orange for Halloween, but... PURPLE!!!

Now I'm just waiting on news about Rivers of Light! I know it will be up and running by the time we arrive but there are rumors of a dining package. I'm keeping my eyes open and will snag one when/if they are released!
I can't wait to hear what you think of the show!

All caught up! Loving the spreadsheet! Do you mind emailing it? I'm currently looking for one. If you are too busy, no big deal...just thought I would ask.

Yah for AKL! Our next trip after this upcoming one, we will rent points from a co-worker friend and I'm considering an AKL studio, savanna view. So exciting!

You have a few of the same ADRs as us: TH breakfast, CP breakfast, H&V lunch with F! Pkg. I have 2 young boys so we are character meal heavy. I'd love to try O'hana (breakfast) but Mom vetoed it because it requires leaving the park. We also have BOG lunch. I had to talk Mom into it. She is a picky eater. I think they have Mac-n-cheese maybe, so I believe that's what I'll be ordering for the boys to share.

So glad you got everything you wanted for FP. Our window opens in 10 days! It will be Spring Break week for me (teacher here) and I'm a night owl so I'll do it at midnight. The only one I'm a little worried about is MSEP. One - I know it can book up and two - it may not even be available as a choice since they are apparently taking it away. We don't have to worry about A&E either, though I've heard they shut this down starting May 27th anyway (we are 6/4-6/11) bc they believe they'll be moving to Epcot by then.

ETA: we are waiting on ROL info also. I'm the OP of the over 300 pg ROL thread watch...lol.

Anyway....got off track for a bit...loving the PTR thus far. I'm going to go back and read some of your others when I get a chance. Looking forward to more of this one, too.

Hey Jamie! Not sure how I missed this for the last 4 months but I'm finally here and all caught up!!!!! Looks like we'll just miss each others trips by a week as we're coming home on the 24th.

I can't believe how cheap the flights out of BWI are. Was it $97 round trip or each way???? It's about an hour drive for us to get up there so we usually stick to National or Dulles but for that cheap we may need to rethink that in the future.

Can't wait to see what you think about AKL. We stayed there a few trips back and its truly amazing. I'm sure the boys will love it.

And of course you have our favorite Via Napoli booked Hope you love it as much as we do.

Jumping on from Dawn's TR! Will catch up sometime today! :)

Thanks for following along! :wave:

Take your time. I've gotten SUPER lazy about keeping up with threads! :laughing:

I used to be so on top of it! But now I spend all of the "Disney time" daydreaming about October...and planning all the things I want to eat!! :rotfl:

WOW! How exciting! You've been busy!

I'm not sure I'm content leaving the trip alone until the day we fly out!

You could always do it in October! (I am!)

They are going to have to roll me to MCO at the end of that trip with all of the food I plan to eat!! But I just may add this to the list. Now to decide breakfast or lunch/dinner? :scratchin

You will NOT be disappointed! Love love love me some BOMA!!!

I'm really excited about this meal! The yummy food and the chance to just hang out at the resort all day will be a perfect mid-trip break!

Look at you, all ready with all your notes! Too cute!

You know I <3 lists and notes! :lovestruc

Congratulations!!!

Looks great! :thumbsup2

I'm very happy with our times! Now if they would just release SOMETHING for ROL I would be 100% set!

I'm so excited for the purple band! I think I'm going to get one for October! I was going to get orange for Halloween, but... PURPLE!!!

I'm so excited for the purple band. So if you are upgrading to an AP, you can order a purple AP band and an orange room reservation band...all your bases covered! By the end of this year, I'll have - pink, yellow, purple, blue, and orange! Wanting to collect all of the colors is totally normal, right?

I can't wait to hear what you think of the show!

I'm really looking forward to this! I hope they release FP+ or dining package details soon or we will be standing in line FOREVER since I'm not missing it!

All caught up! Loving the spreadsheet! Do you mind emailing it? I'm currently looking for one. If you are too busy, no big deal...just thought I would ask.

If you send me a message with your e-mail, I'll send it over!

Yah for AKL! Our next trip after this upcoming one, we will rent points from a co-worker friend and I'm considering an AKL studio, savanna view. So exciting!

Oh Savanna View sounds nice! I'm so excited to stay at AKL. I'm not sure I'll believe it's real until I'm there!!

You have a few of the same ADRs as us: TH breakfast, CP breakfast, H&V lunch with F! Pkg. I have 2 young boys so we are character meal heavy. I'd love to try O'hana (breakfast) but Mom vetoed it because it requires leaving the park. We also have BOG lunch. I had to talk Mom into it. She is a picky eater. I think they have Mac-n-cheese maybe, so I believe that's what I'll be ordering for the boys to share.

We love our character meals too! I'm excited to try some new things and repeat our favorites. Ohana breakfast is really great. Maybe on a rest/late day on trip? I'm saving BOG for my solo trip since I think they boys wouldn't be happy with the choices!

So glad you got everything you wanted for FP. Our window opens in 10 days! It will be Spring Break week for me (teacher here) and I'm a night owl so I'll do it at midnight. The only one I'm a little worried about is MSEP. One - I know it can book up and two - it may not even be available as a choice since they are apparently taking it away. We don't have to worry about A&E either, though I've heard they shut this down starting May 27th anyway (we are 6/4-6/11) bc they believe they'll be moving to Epcot by then.

I think they stopped FP+ for MSEP? And Wishes as well. I hope you get everything you want! I'm a night owl too so I love staying up and getting everything all planned out!! :thumbsup2

ETA: we are waiting on ROL info also. I'm the OP of the over 300 pg ROL thread watch...lol.

Oh, I'm going to have to go and find that! Why are they holding onto this information??

Anyway....got off track for a bit...loving the PTR thus far. I'm going to go back and read some of your others when I get a chance. Looking forward to more of this one, too.

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

Hey Jamie! Not sure how I missed this for the last 4 months but I'm finally here and all caught up!!!!! Looks like we'll just miss each others trips by a week as we're coming home on the 24th.

Oh, too bad! Promise to leave me a Bloody Mary or two, ok? :rotfl:

I can't believe how cheap the flights out of BWI are. Was it $97 round trip or each way???? It's about an hour drive for us to get up there so we usually stick to National or Dulles but for that cheap we may need to rethink that in the future.

We usually get our flights out of BWI for under $100 one way! In October I'm flying for $199 round trip, including taxes and fees on Southwest.

Can't wait to see what you think about AKL. We stayed there a few trips back and its truly amazing. I'm sure the boys will love it.

I'm really looking forward to AKL! Nate keeps asking "So we're basically staying at a zoo?" I need to make sure he knows there won't be a lion or anything hanging out in our room. But we're all very excited!

And of course you have our favorite Via Napoli booked Hope you love it as much as we do.

Yum, I'm excited to try this! I think it may become a new favorite for us!

27 days until DISNEY!

And it's been forever since I updated...again. :confused3

But while I was gone a few exciting things happened!

First, we got to the 1 month mark!

Yay! And now only 27 days. The countdown is flying by. And I've officially packed nothing at this point. I've thrown stuff into piles in our laundry room and bought 2 new suitcases. But I'm having a slight panic attack and feeling very behind. *which I know is crazy since I still have over 3 weeks left but I'm a planner to the core and this feels last minute to me*

But we've been pretty busy with holidays and birthdays around here.

Colin turned 4!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FRoZbV]

And Nate had his 6th birthday just this weekend!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fx9dZ3]

But birthday season is on hold until Jake turns 3 the week that we get back from Disney. So now I have time to focus and get down to some serious packing!

Back to the Disney front. :earsboy:

Our Magic Bands also shipped!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/F2ZjVB]

And mine will be PURPLE! :hyper:

The other news is that I made a slight change to our first night plans. Remember how I figured out that flying in a night early and staying at POP before our week at AKL was actually saving money?

Well, I was on the DTA site the other day and noticed that Wilderness Lodge is really a steal. Especially for a Deluxe, right?

And besides renting DVC points, a week at a Deluxe resort is really out of our budget. So they only way we may get to experience them is by staying a single night.

So we know what happened right?

[URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/jwinfield3/media/GIFs/money_zpsfgrktcjw.gif.html]

One night at Wilderness Lodge, please!

We'll arrive in the afternoon and go swimming right away. Then dinner at Roaring Fork, maybe roasting marshmallows, and seeing if we can catch a glimpse of Wishes! :lovestruc

You only live once, right? :thumbsup2

So resort changes aside, I'm just (not so) patiently waiting on more ROL details. The starting date is April 22 so we'll be there about 2 weeks after it opens. I'm really hoping for a FP+ or dining package to open up soon so we won't be waiting in a loooong standby line. And knowing official showtimes would be nice too!

I know Disney must know these kind of details, so what's the deal?

[URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/jwinfield3/media/GIFs/giphy%20late_zpsuyomvku2.gif.html]

So it's just a countdown/waiting game at this point! Packing will begin this week. My plan is to do daily updates with plans 2 weeks out but we all know my track record at keeping this PTR going... :rolleyes:

Thanks for following along!
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/FRoZbV][url=https://flic.kr/p/Fx9dZ3][url=https://flic.kr/p/F2ZjVB][url=https://flic.kr/p/FXgQfR] :goodvibes
[/url][/url][/url][/url]

Yay!! We are a little over a month behind you and I've started piles in the extra bedroom! Started buying stuff, as well. :)

https://flic.kr/p/FXg49i

Yay for birthdays!! My youngest's was March 3rd.

So exciting!! I switched Mom to a purple band, too! I have a Villains band so I'm not too worried about my free one.

https://flic.kr/p/F2ZjVB

Nice move! We were booked at VWL for awhile but it was a little pricey and we didn't want to mess with the construction but you guys will be in a regular room and only for one night so I'm sure it will be fine. Enjoy!

Yes, this ROL stuff is extremely annoying. Over on the ROL thread, several people emailed in to the executive office (I think) and got calls back that there would be a ROL blog post with info yesterday! But then they got calls back saying it was postponed. Disney just keeps postponing with this! They need to get it together. Fortunately we have awhile, so hopefully it will all be worked out by then.

Looking forward to more!!

I can't believe you are less than a month away!! So exciting! I'm glad you'll get to stay at Wilderness Lodge for a night too!!

I hope ROL info gets released soon!

YAY YAY YAY for an update :) Love the birthday pics of your boys. They're just too cute!

Super excited purple magic bands are an option now! I will stick with pink because I LOOOOVE IT but my Mom is over the moon about getting a purple one this December.

I am anxiously awaiting your trip and your ROL details, but now I am even more excited because you're going to get to stay deluxe this trip, too!!!! Thanks for an awesome update on this gloomy cold Monday in Chicago :)

Oh, too bad! Promise to leave me a Bloody Mary or two, ok? :rotfl:
I'll see what I can do, but you know I can throw em back :drinking1 I learned quite a few things in the 'Burg :P

I'm really looking forward to AKL! Nate keeps asking "So we're basically staying at a zoo?" I need to make sure he knows there won't be a lion or anything hanging out in our room. But we're all very excited!
That is too funny. Of course being a big 6 year old now he may want a lion in the room :rotfl2:

Yay! And now only 27 days. The countdown is flying by. And I've officially packed nothing at this point. I've thrown stuff into piles in our laundry room and bought 2 new suitcases. But I'm having a slight panic attack and feeling very behind. *which I know is crazy since I still have over 3 weeks left but I'm a planner to the core and this feels last minute to me*
You will be shocked to know that we leave next week and I've done nothing ; ) Suddenly feel very behind.

But we've been pretty busy with holidays and birthdays around here.
Happy birthday to the boys!!! Can't believe you have all 3 so clustered together.

Well, I was on the DTA site the other day and noticed that Wilderness Lodge is really a steal. Especially for a Deluxe, right?

And besides renting DVC points, a week at a Deluxe resort is really out of our budget. So they only way we may get to experience them is by staying a single night.

So we know what happened right?
So happy you all are trying WL. It is without question or favorite resort. Can't wait to see what you think.

And since you mentioned your fancy new DTA system, how is it going?

So resort changes aside, I'm just (not so) patiently waiting on more ROL details. The starting date is April 22 so we'll be there about 2 weeks after it opens. I'm really hoping for a FP+ or dining package to open up soon so we won't be waiting in a loooong standby line. And knowing official showtimes would be nice too!
I still can't believe they haven't put any information out yet. We'll be there when they open but have decided it will likely be too chaotic so we're just gonna wait till next trip. So you gotta take lots of pics for me so I can live vicariously through you

Yay!! We are a little over a month behind you and I've started piles in the extra bedroom! Started buying stuff, as well. :)

Packing stresses me out so I always tend to put it off. I'm fine once I get started but that initial sit down to sort it all out is overwhelming! But it is nice to gather things in bits and pieces!

Yay for birthdays!! My youngest's was March 3rd.

Happy Birthday to him! Spring birthdays are fun!

So exciting!! I switched Mom to a purple band, too! I have a Villains band so I'm not too worried about my free one.

I'm excited to have so many choices now. I can match my outfit since I have quite a few colors now!

Nice move! We were booked at VWL for awhile but it was a little pricey and we didn't want to mess with the construction but you guys will be in a regular room and only for one night so I'm sure it will be fine. Enjoy!

I think we'll be ok in a regular room as well. I looked at renting DVC here originally but it was quite pricey. I'm excited to experience it for one night at least!

The delay is just crazy! I know that Disney must know the details but are just sitting on the information for some reason!

Looking forward to more!!

Ah, hopefully coming next week as we are getting quite close!!

I can't believe you are less than a month away!! So exciting! I'm glad you'll get to stay at Wilderness Lodge for a night too!!

The countdown is moving along very quickly now! And I'm excited for a night a WL - it might be my only MK area resort for quite some time!

I hope ROL info gets released soon!

You and me both! I have guesses about showtimes but I'm really hoping FP+ open up for the show!

YAY YAY YAY for an update :) Love the birthday pics of your boys. They're just too cute!

Thank you! They were quite pleased that there was a whole day all about them!

Super excited purple magic bands are an option now! I will stick with pink because I LOOOOVE IT but my Mom is over the moon about getting a purple one this December.

The purple is very pretty! Bands just got here today so it's feeling very real now! And I love my pink band too. I'm going to try and coordinate while there since I have quite a few colors!

I am anxiously awaiting your trip and your ROL details, but now I am even more excited because you're going to get to stay deluxe this trip, too!!!! Thanks for an awesome update on this gloomy cold Monday in Chicago :)

Lots of exciting news! And it has been cold and rainy/snowy here the past few days. So thinking about sitting out by the pool at WL is nice!!

I'll see what I can do, but you know I can throw em back :drinking1 I learned quite a few things in the 'Burg :P

I appreciate the effort! And yes, the skills learned in Blacksburg do come in handy! If you can handle a Rail at TOTS, you can take almost anything!

That is too funny. Of course being a big 6 year old now he may want a lion in the room :rotfl2:

I have no idea what goes on in his mind sometimes! He got a pretend "blastboard" from Miles from Tomorrowland for his birthday. And was actually disappointed that it didn't fly around the house. Apparently we need to step up our gift-giving game around here.

You will be shocked to know that we leave next week and I've done nothing ; ) Suddenly feel very behind.

I think I am just an over planner. As much as I love to have the packing done, I dread starting it. I need to make myself start at some point this week to have time to get anything we're lacking.

Happy birthday to the boys!!! Can't believe you have all 3 so clustered together.

Thank you! And seriously, all 3 birthdays in a 2-month span makes it ridiculous around here. Like Christmas all over again!

So happy you all are trying WL. It is without question or favorite resort. Can't wait to see what you think.

It looks so beautiful and peaceful. Even if it's only for one night, I'm excited to get a chance to explore WL!

And since you mentioned your fancy new DTA system, how is it going?

It is very ebb and flow - busy for a few days and then nothing. But I really love it! Planning and Disney are my two favorite things so this brings them both together!

I still can't believe they haven't put any information out yet. We'll be there when they open but have decided it will likely be too chaotic so we're just gonna wait till next trip. So you gotta take lots of pics for me so I can live vicariously through you

I'm hoping we get a chance to see it. But I'm not sure we can handle hours waiting in a standby line if it comes to that. I wish Disney would just stop dragging it's feet and give us some more information!

Wow, happy birthdays to the boys! :cake: You really do have a birthday season there! :bday:

Yay for the purple magic band! :thumbsup2

That's awesome that you got a night at WL. That's what we did too - one night there at the beginning of a trip. Might as well try it out. ::yes::

I heard today that RoL got postponed. What a bummer. :sad2:

*which I know is crazy since I still have over 3 weeks left but I'm a planner to the core and this feels last minute to me*

Plus you have three little boys, a husband and a home to look after, not to mention a new job! Not so crazy to me!

happy birthday boys!

And mine will be PURPLE! :hyper:

YAY!!!

We'll arrive in the afternoon and go swimming right away. Then dinner at Roaring Fork, maybe roasting marshmallows, and seeing if we can catch a glimpse of Wishes! :lovestruc

Good choice! We will be staying there next April for our first trip!

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

thanks for sharing with us!:thumbsup2

Wow, happy birthdays to the boys! :cake: You really do have a birthday season there! :bday:

Thanks! :goodvibes And it really is like Christmas all over again. When spring rolls around each year, I always think we should have planned things better! :rotfl:

Yay for the purple magic band! :thumbsup2

It's pretty!! A darker purple then I first thought but I really like it!

That's awesome that you got a night at WL. That's what we did too - one night there at the beginning of a trip. Might as well try it out. ::yes::

Right? Unless we rent DVC points, our family of 5 won't fit into a standard room after this trip since this is Jake's last "free" visit. I'm excited, even if it's just for one night!

I heard today that RoL got postponed. What a bummer. :sad2:

Yes!! So disappointed! But I'm partially relieved now that the stress of adding in a new show to our plans is gone. I'll catch it in October!

Plus you have three little boys, a husband and a home to look after, not to mention a new job! Not so crazy to me!

You're right, life is pretty busy around here! I keep thinking it will settle down so I can focus on packing but I think I just need to have Jim take the boys out for a few hours and make myself get started!

happy birthday boys!

Thanks! :goodvibes

The purple band is so pretty! We just got them for our one night stay at WL!

Good choice! We will be staying there next April for our first trip!

That seems like the perfect place for your first trip! The boat to MK will be really nice! And I'm excited to try out 2 new resorts this trip!

I appreciate the effort! And yes, the skills learned in Blacksburg do come in handy! If you can handle a Rail at TOTS, you can take almost anything!
Wow, major flashback there. Though we were literally a decade apart, I can't believe Top of the Stairs was still there. May have had a drink or two there in my day. I was also a big Hokie House fan back in the day. And randomly there was a place called Buddy's that I know is way since closed that was a hang out of mine that was randomly owned by the brother of Ted Bundy. Gotta love the burg.

He got a pretend "blastboard" from Miles from Tomorrowland for his birthday. And was actually disappointed that it didn't fly around the house. Apparently we need to step up our gift-giving game around here.
Is the blast board something they sell??? Asks the mother who's daughter loves miles who types this while they are all watching miles together on this exciting Friday night.

Wow, major flashback there. Though we were literally a decade apart, I can't believe Top of the Stairs was still there. May have had a drink or two there in my day. I was also a big Hokie House fan back in the day. And randomly there was a place called Buddy's that I know is way since closed that was a hang out of mine that was randomly owned by the brother of Ted Bundy. Gotta love the burg.

Yes and as of my last visit, TOTS was still going strong. I spent many nights at Hokie House as well. Was Gillie's around? That was my favorite brunch spot - amazing Bananas Foster French Toast!

Is the blast board something they sell??? Asks the mother who's daughter loves miles who types this while they are all watching miles together on this exciting Friday night.

Yes very real and very loud! Here is Jake blasting off into space the other day.

I think we ordered it from Amazon but I've also seen them at Toys R Us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter