7 month window

Disney Downunder

Earning My Ears
My husband and I bought 150 points at SSR in September last year at our very first trip to WDW! We have been back only 4 months and are missing Disney terribly. We already have a bad case of Add-On-Itis. I know from reading this board that you should always buy where you want to stay. Is this purely for the 11 month window?

We will almost never be travelling in peak season and will most likely travel in September and maybe January. Will we still be able to book accomodations at the 7 month window if we are travelling in these non-peak times?

I would appreciate your advice.

By the way I completely love this board and wish that I had known of his existence before we took the DVC plunge!

Originally posted by Disney Downunder
My husband and I bought 150 points at SSR in September last year at our very first trip to WDW! We have been back only 4 months and are missing Disney terribly. We already have a bad case of Add-On-Itis. I

I think we need to get you into a Disney rehab program because you just can't "run back and forth" to WDW from the other side of the world. ;) ;)

If you had to pick the two months when you were most likely to be able to book the resorts with little problem, January and September are probably the best ones to choose. They follow the summer and Christmas vacations when parents are more reluctant to take kids out of school.

It's true that once you hit the 7 month mark, it doesn't matter where you own. "Points are points" at that time.

You should also remember that it always easier to cancel a reservation than to try to book something. As soon as you have even a rough idea when you might be traveling, go ahead and book something. You can make adjustments or cancellations later when your plans firm up. You also shouldn't be afraid to make use of the wait list. Very often it comes through with what you were looking for.

You could begin a petition for a Disney Down Under! I'd go!!!!

Bobbi:D

Originally posted by Disney Downunder
We will almost never be travelling in peak season and will most likely travel in September and maybe January.

Are you certain that will be the case for the next 40 to 50 YEARS???

You don't want to go to the Food & Wine Festival (October, November)?

You don't want to see the Christmas decorations (December)?

You don't want to go for the Flower and Garden Festival or Star Wars Weekends (May)?

How about Atlanta Braves Spring Training (March)?

PGA Tournament (October)?

Super Soap Weekend (November)?

Member Homecoming (May, this time)?

If you want to split your stay between SSR and other resorts, why not just buy points at those other resorts? DVC will charge you the same amount if you purchase through them, and you may even be able to save a few bucks with a resale.

I know from reading this board that you should always buy where you want to stay. Is this purely for the 11 month window?
I would say it no matter what. You never know what the future will bring and that includes how the rules will change. As more and more members join DVC, the smaller resorts like BCV and VWL will be very difficult to get once the 7 month window opens.

HBC

See how the current points work out for you before buying more. You've got plenty of time to think about pros and cons.

If you need the room for an extra night just pay cash. If that happens often, then add points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter