• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6th Annual Christmas Thread

Well, i got to indiana safe and sound yesterday. No traffic issues except to trying to get off the interstate at my final destination because i forgot it was the mall exit and every dang person in the area wanted to be there! Lol

Got the last 2 gift cards this morning and this baskets have been wrapped! So i am all done. Now to just relax and enjoy my time here with my family.

But i do have a small vent. My one cousin signed her kids up with multiple charities for xmas. Yes, she is lower income but it was not like those kids would not get any gifts from the rest of the family. And then she brought all that stuff here for US to wrap and so the kids could have it xmas day... which now means each of her kids will have 15 plus things to open while my other cousin's kids will have maybe half that. Just sort of frustrates me and makes me feel like i wasted my time and money... which i know is illogical.

Glad you made it safely!!! There is always someone that has to throw a monkey wrench in the plans girl!!! Hope that otherwise you have a very blessed time with your family.

Well, i got to indiana safe and sound yesterday. No traffic issues except to trying to get off the interstate at my final destination because i forgot it was the mall exit and every dang person in the area wanted to be there! Lol

Got the last 2 gift cards this morning and this baskets have been wrapped! So i am all done. Now to just relax and enjoy my time here with my family.

But i do have a small vent. My one cousin signed her kids up with multiple charities for xmas. Yes, she is lower income but it was not like those kids would not get any gifts from the rest of the family. And then she brought all that stuff here for US to wrap and so the kids could have it xmas day... which now means each of her kids will have 15 plus things to open while my other cousin's kids will have maybe half that. Just sort of frustrates me and makes me feel like i wasted my time and money... which i know is illogical.

This is a frustration of mine as well. So many families who are truly needy this time of year but some people take such advantage of people's kind deeds. A friend of mine used to volunteer to deliver the presents before Christmas every year and she stopped because most of the people were so ungrateful and actually told her she didn't bring enough. I feel bad for the kids. Their parents are setting a horrible example. I went to a water park over the summer. A single mom was there with her two boys. You could tell they didn't have much and I'm sure going there was a big deal but she was teaching them how to cut in line. I was so sad for them.

I finished wrapping presents today, I am missing one present. I ordered a gift card from Hot Topic and it shipped on 12/16, but it hasn't come yet. I really hope it shows up tomorrow. It's for my 16yo son and he'll understand if I wrap up the shipping confirmation, but I'd rather have the card of course.

I found a neat idea on pinterest, maybe others already do this. Take an empty wrapping paper, toilet paper, or paper towel tube and cut a slit in it and put it around empty wrapping paper rolls to keep them wound up so the paper doesn't get messed up.

Today we head back from WDW. The presents I needed to buy on the trip are bought, so I just have a little bit of wrapping to do when we get home. The weather seems to have calmed down enough that we shouldn't have any delays. :)

My dad is 81, and he lives in an assisted living facility. He is getting pretty antsy about us picking him up for Christmas, so he called last night. I was actually in the Emporium finishing up my souvenir shopping. I had to call him back while waiting for the monorail and remind him we were still at Disney! :)

Safe travels, everyone!

Today we head back from WDW. The presents I needed to buy on the trip are bought, so I just have a little bit of wrapping to do when we get home. The weather seems to have calmed down enough that we shouldn't have any delays. :)

My dad is 81, and he lives in an assisted living facility. He is getting pretty antsy about us picking him up for Christmas, so he called last night. I was actually in the Emporium finishing up my souvenir shopping. I had to call him back while waiting for the monorail and remind him we were still at Disney! :)

Safe travels, everyone!

Have a safe uneventful trip! My grandpa is almost 85 and he has been forgetting more and more lately~not sure if they have actually diagnosed Dimentia or what…he is on a couple of meds for that and the nerviness (a word,possibly?!!) that goes with it…I know it can drive you batty sometimes to keep repeating!! Hopefully he will have a wonderful time with you and he can relax and enjoy Christmas once you pick him up!!

My last box came today from Amazon. I just need to swing by Joanns on my way home from work and pick up DD $10 gift card for her stocking and I am all done. This holiday season has come so fast. I can' t believe it will be over with so soon.

I wish everyone a safe and wonderful holiday and best wishes for 2014.

It is Christmas Eve! Your last chance to grab any gifts you forgot. Are you ready?

Merry Christmas to everyone!

It is Christmas Eve! Your last chance to grab any gifts you forgot. Are you ready?

Merry Christmas to everyone!

We're ready here! Although I do need to send my daughter to the store for some bacon to put in my green beans. Everything's wrapped, the house is clean for dinner guests today, ham's in the oven. I'm pretty excited, I invited a house full of people over this year for the first time in a very long time, I'm looking forward to the company. It's my gift to myself this year. I've been down about not seeing my family in a long time so I invited over friends :goodvibes. Crossing my fingers that all goes well.

Merry Christmas to you too!

well it's here already!! I know we all try and prepare and get things taken care of early every year,..and usually life happens and we forget a gift, or where we hid it, or a gallon of milk for Cookies!! LOL!! Hope that all your Christmas Eves and tomorrow go off without a hitch and you have a very Blessed Christmas!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter