60 instead of 65

You know I did this today on the way home from work.

My Durango has my mpg on my over head display. I didnt think it was going to make a difference, because my tach stayed in the same spot at 65, or 70 it was at 1900 rmp,

I was sitting at 16mpg at 70 mph.....dropped to 65, stayed at 16mpg....went up to 75 went to 15.5 mpg...I wont drop to 60, that will get me pulled over :) Speed limit here is 65 on the highway..

FYI, I did this for a few miles, to see what the difference was depending on hills etc.. of course, when I hit a hill and the truck downshifts, it will drop its mpg dramatically, but on the longer straights- it stayed right at 16...Think I'll keep doing 72 like I normally do

Brandy

I've been slowing down too, I have a Chevy Venture, and it makes a HUGE difference! I also have one of those things that tells you the gas mileage you are getting. When I go 45 (on our back roads, it's no safety hazzard to anyone that isn't being a safety hazzard themselves) and I get about 40 mpg. When I speed up to 60-65, I get around 25 mpg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!