5th Park inevitable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judging by the Christmas crowds, it maybe best to start thinking more about a 5th park. Picture what it will be like next year at little Hollywood Studios shortly after Star Wars opens.

Last edited:
And believe it or not the parks aren’t near capacity no matter what waits say. Even though it can feel like it day to day
Agreed based on what capacity means. There is certainly more space to squeeze in more people but when you are waiting 60 minutes for the TTA the parks are too full. :(

Agreed based on what capacity means. There is certainly more space to squeeze in more people but when you are waiting 60 minutes for the TTA the parks are too full. :(

Yeah, exactly. Just because you can fit a turtle fart in the park doesn't mean it's bearable. The hordes are getting worse than the ones on "The Walking Dead". Expansions aren't enough anymore, we need more parks.

Its been 20 years since the last park opened. Come on Disney, give us our Villain park.

We'll probably hear rumors of a 5th gate around the time DHS has 4 full "lands", AK has replaced/added to Dinoland and expanded Pandora, Epcots major projects are completed and Tomorrowland is fully realized to whatever the new vision is they have.

I see your point ,however , many families who have a week or more vacation time could easily see all 5 Disney parks and hopefully (from Disneys perspective) stay onsite and skip taking a day or two to go to UNI . This would obviously keep more $$$ staying on property .

I see your point ,however , many families who have a week or more vacation time could easily see all 5 Disney parks and hopefully (from Disneys perspective) stay onsite and skip taking a day or two to go to UNI . This would obviously keep more $$$ staying on property .
Yes they will see all 5 parks but they will not nearly do all they can or would likely want too. Also Universal will eventually have another park (before Disney will if they ever do it) so that takes even more away from Disney.

...yes but Disney will not just let that happen . Building a 5th park in addition to the additions and improvements they already have planned and/or announced will help secure more customers stay on property . I believe that they have only just begun with their multi year multi park plans that will see unprecedented growth across property . That is why they are building so many new resorts and the skyliner . Yes , Galaxies Edge is going to be huge but they are not adding all these new rooms for just that . They are not building a completely new transportation system for that alone . Something else is in the works ...something even bigger ...a 5th park . Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I believe will happen . Unless of course the rumored 3rd UNI park never materializes , which doesn't seem likely .

...yes but Disney will not just let that happen . Building a 5th park in addition to the additions and improvements they already have planned and/or announced will help secure more customers stay on property . I believe that they have only just begun with their multi year multi park plans that will see unprecedented growth across property . That is why they are building so many new resorts and the skyliner . Yes , Galaxies Edge is going to be huge but they are not adding all these new rooms for just that . They are not building a completely new transportation system for that alone . Something else is in the works ...something even bigger ...a 5th park . Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I believe will happen . Unless of course the rumored 3rd UNI park never materializes , which doesn't seem likely .
I am not sure you are taking into account all that goes into a theme park. Universal without a doubt will build another park within the next decade probably even less as prep work is well underway and names are being rumored. Universal opens that park in an already drained employee market. Then if Disney were to open another park they would have to greatly expand their college and international programs or something in order to staff that park. Orlando itself can't support many more major things like this in terms of getting employees.

They are building new attractions and transportation because they have too. For so long they neglected large expansions and now are bursting at the seams in many areas. Disney will continue to expand the current parks as it is needed.

If they were indeed already planning a 5th gate rumblings would be out there and they just aren't at the moment.

They will expand the college program and if the Orlando area does not have the available work force available to fill all the new jobs that would be created than how will UNI fill their positions and how will DIS fill the positions for all the new resorts as well as staff the Skyliner ? As has been pointed out ...if DIS does build a 5th park it would probably be 8-10 years before it would open . In that time DIS will figure out how and where to fill all the new positions from that a new park would require using an expanded college program as a main source for new cast members .

They will expand the college program and if the Orlando area does not have the available work force available to fill all the new jobs that would be created than how will UNI fill their positions and how will DIS fill the positions for all the new resorts as well as staff the Skyliner ? As has been pointed out ...if DIS does build a 5th park it would probably be 8-10 years before it would open . In that time DIS will figure out how and where to fill all the new positions from that a new park would require using an expanded college program as a main source for new cast members .
I suggest some research on this topic.

I don’t think I will sway you at all on this but no new Disney park will open at WDW within 8-10 years. I’m not saying never but definitely not in 8-10 years.

Its easier for Universal to build a new park. They just have to build a bunch of buildings to put motion simulator screens in and theme each differently. At this point that is 75% of their current parks anyway. But I digress. Haha.
WDW has a LOT to do in current parks. Each park has a lot of room to add on or improve. At MK even after Tron, they will need to do something on the opposite side of the park ( Adventureland And/Or Frontierland) to balance the park out. And Tron isnt all they need to do in tomorrowland. Epcot needs a massive overhaul even after GotG is brought in. From Spaceship earth to Imagination to Seas to what to do with the old WoL building, add a new country etc. Studios needs more than just Star Wars and apparantly there are other plans after that. Animal Kingdom will see a revamp of Dinoland and an expansion of Pandora. With all that going on, there isnt time nor financial or people resources to do a 5th park in the next 10 years.

I agree that a lot of this has to do with customers' vacation habits. If Disney already learned that most people take 5-8 days off and no more, there's no reason to sell most domestic customers 2-week holiday packages like they do for some international visitors who have different work/life balance. EVEN if there is a hope that customers stay on Disney property... and not venture over to Universal or anything else. ;)

I also agree with the comment of the invisible 5th gate, in the guise of Hard Ticket Events. Good grief I like to vacation on a budget, but Disney's got me trying to decide if any of the upsell parties are worth it. ;)

I think the construction of all the convention centre type hotels is just good business expansion. Also the life cycle of some of these properties has got to be wreaking havoc on a resort's maintenance budget. Replenishment doesn't seem crazy.

And I think the immersive concept with Star Wars will actually give them a LOT of good data to work with, as far as future attractions/features will go.

I DON'T think they plan on breaking ground with another separate Park for awhile yet...

Disney actually isn't building "so many new resorts". Riviera and Coronado are partially replacing existing rooms, they will be a net plus in room count, but not as much as a totally new resort. Coronado is also aimed a the convention market. The only completely new Disney resort announced at this point is the Reflections resort at the old River Country site. The skyliner makes perfect sense even without further expansion. It's connecting two parks that are both getting a bunch of new attractions, and it will reduce costs by taking buses off the road.

I suggest some research on this topic.

I don’t think I will sway you at all on this but no new Disney park will open at WDW within 8-10 years. I’m not saying never but definitely not in 8-10 years.

You also have to figure in the cyclic nature of the economy. I big downturn would not be unexpected in that time frame which would push it out even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter