5th Grade Promotion/Graduation Themes needed....

"Got Disney"

<font color=blue>They’re like Lays chips...just ca
Hi everyone :)
I am on the commitee for 5th grade promotion/Graduation and need your help. We have used over the last 2 syears Survivor and Amazing Rcae themed and am looking for something new.

The school name is Maryland Elementary.....to give you an idea when my other Ds graduated we used "We Survived 2000 to 2005 and had the Surviver logo on the shirts and they had team bandanas with team names that they picked out. Than we playes survivor games.
My niece came up with Pirates of the Carribian but would have to word it right ...the school years are 2002-2007.

Am looking for themes about anything...does not have to be from TV or Movies...all ideas are welcome......

please help...What did you do for 5th grade or doing???????:)

When my ds graduated from Elementary School they used the theme "I Believe I Can Fly!" from that movie with Michael Jordan. If you need a motto you can use that, or "It was Heaven from 2002-2007!" Sorry kind of corny.

With the "I Believe I Can Fly" theme his class sang that song and later they played a tape of it while they showed pictures.

Good luck.

Another great song is Whitney Houston's song I Believe the Children Are our Future.

Thanks Mary for posting...I am writting all responsisedown to bring to the commitee...:thumbsup2

Last year DD's 5th grade graduation was "Groovin' into the 6th grade" with all 60's decorations. All the kids got to tye dye a white tshirt, each class was a different color. They did this a week or so ahead of time so after the graduation, they put on their shirts for the party. I didn't stay for the party so I don't know what games, etc went on but DD did bring home a goody bag with retro 60's candy and pencils and stickers. She said it was fun.

Good luck!!

One local school always has a luau for the 5th graders. The kids seem to really enjoy it. My daughter wore a grass skirt and everything!

Another great song is Whitney Houston's song I Believe the Children Are our Future.

Actually, the title is "The Greatest Love of All". :)

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody's searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

I believe that children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

And if by chance, that special place
That you've been dreaming of
Leads you to a lonely place
Find your strength in love

Our school has the 5th grade dance-regular dance with DJ etc. They also have the 5th grade bbq its right in the school field and boulder creek or outback comes and bbqs for them while they play games etc outside all day. The 5th grade trip and also the 5th grade moving up ceremony where they have the ceremony and then see a show of pictures of all the kids grom the time they were babies growing up (well at least all the kids who's parents send in pics, the poor kids who's parents can't be bothered sit there and look at all the other kids pictures). Last year they made copies of hte picture show and gave them out to tall the 5th graderes. They also get a goodie bag filled with things and coupons for all kids of things from local places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter