52 Week Savings Challenge

How is everyone doing??? I'm behind. I tried transfering some money into my online account but i havent been online in awhile and my credit union cahnged the webpage design. I'm entering my number but the number example it shows has different starting numbers so not sure if the acct number begining has changes. This account is one I really dont use, its for special savings and vacations, so I havent used it in 2 months. I'll have to call tomorrow because I got locked out :(

I only have $150 saved. Once I get my account unlocked I will add another $60 and next month I'll get back on track!
Only 22 weeks left , is that right?!?!

I'm still going! :thumbsup2

Summer is the most difficult for us budget-wise so June, July and August are the hardest months. Kids at home = spending much more money and our grocery bills go through the roof with them snacking at home all day. After August I'm home free!

I started it backwards and when it got to $50 a week I just stuck with it. there were a few weeks that it was less but I have $1500 already! It will all be gone in December when I pay for my son's school trip.

I haven't seen this before and I like it! I don't see why a person couldn't start any time. This would be a great way to save for vacation or holiday expenses.

I haven't seen this before and I like it! I don't see why a person couldn't start any time. This would be a great way to save for vacation or holiday expenses.

I'll join you plano,

July was a rough month so far budget wise. My doggie was diagnoised with diabetes :worried: and that set me back $1000 bucks and on the exciting side, I got a chance to see the President and a dinner but it was a last minute invitation and I had to spring for a hotel room. anyhoo, I've been hitting my savings hard and fast this month. Next month kiddies go back to college and I swear no matter how much I plan for that, there are always unexpected bills. :faint:

so this maybe an easy way for me to pad my christmas account.

I got sidetracked this year. I am planning on starting it again in August when we get back from Disney. I need to save up for next years trip.

I am going to start this for our February trip to Vegas. Except I made a spreadsheet weekly and put dates and amounts. If we start at $24/week and go until a week before we leave for vacation (February 2-8th) we will have saved $1,102.

DH gets a raise on his paycheck starting tomorrow, so along with padding our savings account, I am keeping a separate area for vacations in a sub-account.

Even if we don't do the exact weekly amount, I am going to start off high and then move lower, I plan on highlighting the week we paid along with the amount (so if I want around the holidays I can have the lower amounts available to cross off and still be at our target goal).

:)

I love this idea! DH and I have been wanting to start saving, but haven't done so yet. I like the idea of starting out small and working up. It's feels much easier for me.

Summer is the most difficult for us budget-wise so June, July and August are the hardest months. Kids at home = spending much more money and our grocery bills go through the roof with them snacking at home all day. After August I'm home free!

For us it would be just the opposite. DS11 is in a private school, so we pay tuition from August 1 to May 1 (school year is Sept - June). From September to May we are paying two bowling league fees for him (a Jr. league and a travel league). Our break from all of that comes in May.

I dont work summer months so moneys tight with only one income. I actually did pretty good on all bills but had several doctor visits and RX fees :( August I'll get back on track.
I started it backwards and when it got to $50 a week I just stuck with it. there were a few weeks that it was less but I have $1500 already! It will all be gone in December when I pay for my son's school trip.
I'm hoping to start backwards next year. If I still to my finance plans I will be able to

I'm so glad this plan came up because It might be something I will continue every year

I've been doing good!!! I've been skipping all around and crossing them off as I go. I get paid every two weeks so I will pick a high amount pay week and a lesser mouth on the off week. It's been working great and I DON'T touch it- no matter what.

I'm thinking an early Disney trip in 2014. Or maybe towards that cruise I've been wanting to take.

:thumbsup2

I've been doing good!!! I've been skipping all around and crossing them off as I go. I get paid every two weeks so I will pick a high amount pay week and a lesser mouth on the off week. It's been working great and I DON'T touch it- no matter what.

I'm thinking an early Disney trip in 2014. Or maybe towards that cruise I've been wanting to take.

:thumbsup2

I would love to use mine on a vacation but I want to get rid of the old carpet in the bedrooms and do wood (fake) flooring and paint our spare room. I tried getting sh to do the plan but he didnt want to. He's car will be paid off next year so hopefully we both can do it and use it for a much need family cruise :)

I did it backwards and I'm still going strong. DH did need to borrow it to pay the AMEX bill but he put it back.
So far I have $1125 in savings. When the challenge is complete. it will pay for our hotel rooms for The Princess 1/2 marathon in February.

I'm still saving according to plan, and adding in spare change as well. I plan to start over at the beginning of 2014. It's all going towards a trip to WDW next year. :goodvibes

I did it backwards and I'm still going strong. DH did need to borrow it to pay the AMEX bill but he put it back.
So far I have $1125 in savings. When the challenge is complete. it will pay for our hotel rooms for The Princess 1/2 marathon in February.
Grea Job staying on track!!!!

I'm still saving according to plan, and adding in spare change as well. I plan to start over at the beginning of 2014. It's all going towards a trip to WDW next year. :goodvibes

This years $$ will go to new flooring and 2014 $$ I think I might use ot towards a cruise. I seriously need a vacations since we didnt do a darn thing this summer :(

My plan is to star backwards next year

I have been doing the skipping around method and have right around $800 saved so far. This is going to be a big help come Holiday Shopping time :thumbsup2

Im kinda doing a modified version of this....im putting the same set amount aside each week--have stuck with it so far and even added a bit more into it. Im going to the Dominican Republic next year so this is going to help!

Just checking in. How is everyone doing with saving???? I have $200 that I need to deposit into my account. Once i deposit it I will have $360 saved. I'm hoping my next month I will be on track. Next year I hope to start backwards and stay on track :)

How is everyone doing???? I'm finally going to deposit my $200 check into my 52 week savings account. I'm still behind by $331.00 . Hopefully by mid next month I will be caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter