50's Prime or Sci-Fi?

The food at 50's is better, but the atmosphere at Sci-fi is better. IMO

I agree with this. Im not sure who your party consists of, smaller kids may have different appetities or interests I would check out the menus and ask my group.

HTH

BEASLYBOO said:
Both good, both imaginatively themed, which one's best?

Sci-Fi - We do it for lunch only, a very good bacon burger, good onion rings, fun atmosphere & ambiance!

50's Prime Time - Late dinner only, can't eat all that and ride! Love the pot roast and fried chicken, and the experience is good to fantastic depending on the amount of grief and interaction your group gets from the server. We really enjoy it!

We enjoy both, I can't one more than the other!

Agree with this!

I would go for Sci-Fi. We've experienced both places, and the quality of the experience at 50's is heavily dependent on how good a server you get and whether they are heavily into their role. Without that, it's no better than your local Denny's. At Sci-Fi, the atmosphere and entertainment are always good.

ITA, I have never had a great server at 50's. I like to go to Sci-fi for a late lunch. Better prices and faster meal.

We have been to both, Sci-Fi a couple of times and 50's Prime Time only once. Liked Sci-fi's atmosphere. Really, a must see at least once and thought the lunch menu was good.

To me, 50's food was ok. I don't know if the seating has changed since we ate there but for a table of 2, we were seated at the back of the restaurant and I basically looked at a plain wall for the entire meal. I think some of the tables that seat more are better located. Our waitress was not into the part playing a cousin so it seemed like very ordinary experience.

We have never eaten at 50's Prime or Sci-Fi at DHS, so we thought we'd give one of them a shot. Anyone have a favorite for food and/or atmosphere?
Thanks!

Sci-Fi is neat and is good to do at least once. My family preferred 50's though due to the CM interaction, cool theming, ability to sit at one table and hold a conversation and we thought the food was better.

Both have a fun atmosphere, but the food at Sci-Fi is gross. My DH, who is extremely non-picky, also thought it was gross. That's saying something. I'll never go back there. The food at 50's isn't anything to write home about, but there's nothing really wrong with it, either. Based on that alone, I'd go to the 50's diner.

Just wondering how much they pick on you at 50's diner? I'm kind of shy and don't like being singled out like that!

Just wondering how much they pick on you at 50's diner? I'm kind of shy and don't like being singled out like that!

All depends on the server. We've had great servers who were a ton of fun and really sensed how much each of us could "take." One was particularly great - fun, easy going, in character, silly - and broke character once in a way that really made my husband and me laugh. But another was WAY too hard on our middle son, repeatedly teasing him about choosing from the children's menu and calling him a "baby." He was 11 at the time, and I think it was just too much. Also reprimanded our youngest son a little much for our comfort.

As for the original question, we've been to both multiple times and I personally prefer the food and atmosphere at 50's, but it's hit or miss with the service. At 50's, the wedge salad and pot pie are among my favorites. We still return to Sci Fi because it's a fun lunch spot. I'm impressed by the theming at Sci-Fi, but I can't really identify favorites on the menu, and it's not a good spot for conversation. I took our 5-year-old there in April when it was just the two of us - it was fun and a nice break from the park. But when our entire family of five is together, we can't talk during our meal and the seating in the car doesn't work very well with a family of five (we have to either squeeze or have someone sit alone.)

We love both. Our next vacation is 176 days away and I have been making our reservations. We sat down today as a family to make sure I hadn't forgot anything and they pointed out I hadn't made a reservation at Mom's. So it appears that we will be going to the 50 s prime time cafe this trip too. Already had our reservation at sci-fi as mr kids love the cars. We do have the movie reel almost memorized so an update on it would be cool.

Sci Fi Burgers are great, ribs not so much. Onion rings wonderful, milkshakes heavenly. Atmosphere really cool.

50's Prime Time Fried chicken tastes like home (something I really miss while on vacation). Everything that went with the meal really good, down home taste. I had heard so much about the chicken that's what DH and I both got, so can't tell you about anything else.

I also really like the spinach artichoke dip at Sci Fi, I forgot about the apple cobbler loved it what ever you do don't miss it.

Personally I love both, wish I could tell you which one I liked better but I can't. Good luck.

Nice tip about Late dinner because it is so much food and not wanting to ride after! I guess I could talk the grandkids into the nice leisurely train ride that way though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter