50's or Sci-FI

I was facing a similar decision for our upcoming trip... Sci-Fi or 50s PTC. After meticulous research and gathering reviews and suggestions from others, and weighing my family's likes; I ended up choosing Sci-Fi.

We did 50's Prime Time on our last visit in 2007 and LOVED it. We'll make our first visit to Sci-Fi when we go in May, but I'll echo others on the board if you'll be celebrating a birthday--50's is the way to go. The wait staff will have a great time with it, and the food is AMAZING!

both are fun choices...the only concern i would have is over the seating at sci fi ...it really is a more "solitary" type of place - everyone sits facing the front, 2 people in each slot of the car
the 50's has great interaction with the servers and you feel you can linger longer

my vote for a birthday celebration would be for 50s!

for the food 50's is the way to go. To me it is better but the milk shake at Sci Fi is well worth it

I would chose Sci Fi! It is so much fun! The onion rings and shakes are great also!:rotfl:

This trip we are going Deluxe dining and hitting them both in the same day! Sci Fi for lunch and Prime Time for dinner! Dad's brownie sundae is awesome and huge too!

We also like both Sci Fi & 50's - and do the exact same thing: Sci Fi lunch & 50's dinner. And you're right about the sundae at 50's - my personal favorite :thumbsup2

Haven't been to 50's because we love Sci Fi so much. The burgers, onion rings, milkshakes, and artichoke dip are awesome. Ribs are very good also. Atmosphere is really cool, I just love it.

I have been to both of these restaurants on numerous trips. I love 50's, as does my family. The pot roast and PB&J shakes are fabulous. After two bad experiences in a row at Sci-Fi my family will not return there. It has been our worst dining experience ever at WDW. The atmosphere their is cool, but the food has been horrible.

I am no help at all - we have to do both on our trips!! They are both fantastic - you can't go wrong with either!!!!:goodvibes

I havent been to either but chose sci-fi since i think my kids would like that more. Although the fried chicken at 50's has me very tempted since not many places serve fried chicken other than that and Trails End.

My vote's for 50's PTC!:thumbsup2 The food, IMHO, is much better and the kids loved the hula hooping outside. We tried Sci-Fi last trip, thinking my kids would love it. They didn't rave about it and didn't understand all of the videos that were played.:confused: The food was average at best and it was so dark I could hardly see what I was eating. Hmm, I wonder if that was a coincidence?;):laughing:

We always make a point to visit Sci-Fi on every trip to WDW. The food isn't spectacular, but makes for a great lunch break from the park. The onion rings and beef and blue salad I had in December were absolutely delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter