5 weeks to March Break!

Our March Break starts on March 2 and we fly to Disney on the 7th. It's days like this, that break can't start soon enough! If you're in the Maritimes today, stay safe.

Also flying Southwest on March 4. Even though it means a 6hr drive. 750 US for the 3 of us. Can't wait to get away from this snow!!! almost 80cm now.

Got some good news today, I logged into my SPG rewards site to change my CC info for our upcoming March stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages when I noticed a promotion for the same days I had booked. I called the reservation number and they were able to rebook us at the cheaper rate. Over 100.00 US a night cheaper! Feeling very lucky!

Sooo unauthorized charge appeared on my CC today. New one should be here within 10 days...Everything was booked using that card. ARGH!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really burnt out lately from driving my kids to sports. I need this break :) We are flying out of Pittsburgh for $83 on March 11, $134 home on March 18. I feel like I got some decent deals this year.......We have been paying close to the same price for airfare, car rental for the past 6 years..we are paying under $300 for a mini van, $109 per night at Windsor Hills pool view condo, $104 for airport hotel which includes all you can eat buffet breakfast, shuttle and parking :) We are thinking o f the 4 day disney park deal. We have never hit Disney during march break. We will most likely hit the parks late morning and go back at night.

Sooo unauthorized charge appeared on my CC today. New one should be here within 10 days...Everything was booked using that card. ARGH!!!
This is what happened to me as well! Been a pain having to call an update my preauthorized CC payments.

Speaking of countdowns, just have to share:

My 11yo daughter and I spent a bit of time over the Family Day weekend making a countdown calendar from scrapbook paper. (She was totally the creative director here; I was merely free cut-and-paste labour.) We happened to have a sheet of Disney character heads on hand (purchased at Michael's a couple of months ago). We cut Mickey heads from black cardstock, glued the characters to the heads and wrote the countdown number on the ears, glued the whole thing to a backing card, and then wrote something we were looking forward to on the back of each card. Now each morning we swap out the card on our refrigerator and read out the message on the back. We leave on March 15, so 21 days tomorrow!

IMG_20170221_2208179~3.jpg

Just 2 more weeks for us now! On Family Day we had a small get together that turned into a planning session! The DS17's girlfriend has only been to WDW once when she was 10 and only spent one day at the Parks. She has not been on a plane since she was 3 years old so we were going over the airport routine and my son being a joker had told her they dump the contents of your luggage on a conveyor belt and then they xray it. It was fun to do some planning with her as she is super excited about going and is bringing new energy to the trip!

2 more sleeps until the newly arrived CC gets scanned for Disney purchases!!!!!:cloud9::cloud9:

Leaving at noon today for Buffalo. Fly tomorrow morning, at 10:45 in Orlando til the 18th. This year we are bringing our daughters friends with us. Their parents are teachers, and join us for March Break, but this time, the friends wanted to do 2 weeks, so we said they could come with us the first week. Both friends have been in my in home daycare since they were 7 & 9 months old and are now 15 and 17, I am like their 2nd Mom. I took them all out for dinner Weds night, and we went and all got pedis done. Looking forward to having them with us. Safe travels everyone.

Leaving at noon today for Buffalo. Fly tomorrow morning, at 10:45 in Orlando til the 18th. This year we are bringing our daughters friends with us. Their parents are teachers, and join us for March Break, but this time, the friends wanted to do 2 weeks, so we said they could come with us the first week. Both friends have been in my in home daycare since they were 7 & 9 months old and are now 15 and 17, I am like their 2nd Mom. I took them all out for dinner Weds night, and we went and all got pedis done. Looking forward to having them with us. Safe travels everyone.
Travelling with other peoples children is stressful. No trouble at all. But worried crossing into US. Then get too airport with 4 teen girls. Driving on winter roads from Northern ontario. But we made it and girls were out until 11 pm swimming. Needs too warm up a little.

We head to Aulani on Friday, so looking forward to getting a break from the cold and snow :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter