• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 weeks to March Break!

Yep
And I am counting down every minute.I even have a countdown chain (link) at work.
Remember Feb 20th is family day too.
Go Canadian Dollar Go!
Last visit to Disney Parks for us after this trip for a few years,,so I am planning a few extra treats for my granddaughter this trip--the exchange is killing me.
Hugs Mel

Well both kids are out of high school now, but March break will continue. DW (teacher) does not retire for another 10+ years...

We have one more year.....my 17 year old is in grade 11. Just turned 17 in January. Our youngest is in Grade 9.....we will have 1 more March Break next year, then it will depend on what she does for post secondary. She is trying to decide college/university or a lap year to get more math and sciences. Happy travelling. How did every one make out for flights this March. We are flying Southwest March 4th back on the 18th, I really, really had to watch this year. Or I would have been paying through the nose.

We still have a few more years of March break left. My oldest is in grade 11, but my youngest is in grade 9. Our dates are March 7th-21. 30 days and counting!!

We are flying on WestJet out of Toronto. Booked the first day the flights were released, using 2 companion vouchers and WJ points. Flights worked out to around 400.00 each return. Free checked bags because of the WJ card. Can be hard to have family trips with one in University and one in High School! The DD 21 reading breaks have been in Feb. They tend to make their own plans once they have been out of the house for awhile!

First thing my 11-year-old asked me when I woke her up yesterday morning: "How many more school days before our vacation?"

Answer: 3 5-day weeks, plus 2 4-day weeks (they have a PD day plus Ontario Family Day) = 23 days. 22 today. :-)

Sadly my "work days" count is 3 higher. Still, not too long now.

How did every one make out for flights this March. We are flying Southwest March 4th back on the 18th, I really, really had to watch this year. Or I would have been paying through the nose.

My direct WestJet flight out of Ottawa (booked around Canada Day) was cancelled about a month back, so now we're connecting in Toronto. Price was not great, I believe $550/ticket, but I considered that acceptable for direct flights out of Ottawa at March Break. Which we no longer have. <sigh> At least I still get the free bags.

I used to love my March breaks,, sigh. DD decided 2 years ago to play rep hockey and they "could" be in playoffs March Break. Myself and DH are both in education so March Break used to be Disney time. its been 2 March Breaks now and I am trying to get myself ok with booking Christmas. I just hate the thought of the crowds at Christmas. I miss March Break.

Super envious of you March Breakers! It just doesn't work as well for us now that we have one in 7th grade and one in University. We decided on May and August this year. DS13 will only miss 3 days (four day weekend) and DD will be off for the May trip. In August ds13 will be off of school, and dd will be done work because it's the last week. It's weird to squish all of our vacation time into those three months but that's when the stars aligned.

March Break is such a nice escape from Canadian winter though.. just an ideal time to go! :sunny:

We are going for March break too! Leaving March 15 after school! Got great flights on Delta YVR to MCO return in comfort class (premium economy?) for $551 each so about $800 combined less then our Nov 2015 trip! Can't wait 33 more days but whose counting?!

We are going for March break too! Leaving March 15 after school! Got great flights on Delta YVR to MCO return in comfort class (premium economy?) for $551 each so about $800 combined less then our Nov 2015 trip! Can't wait 33 more days but whose counting?!
21 days to go.

I was out tonight clearing snow from the sidewalk and slipped on some ice and went down hard! I laid in the snow for a few minutes thinking "I hate winter" limped back into the house and the phone rings, it is my semi retired friend who is spending 2 months in Clearwater who says the weather has been great in Florida. March break cannot come soon enough for me!

I was out tonight clearing snow from the sidewalk and slipped on some ice and went down hard! I laid in the snow for a few minutes thinking "I hate winter" limped back into the house and the phone rings, it is my semi retired friend who is spending 2 months in Clearwater who says the weather has been great in Florida. March break cannot come soon enough for me!

Ah Hon please take care!
No more clearing snow for you*******Sprinkle salt*******
Healing hugs being sent your way. ~Healing Hugs~~~~~~~~~
Hugs Mel

:cool1::banana::bounce: 4 weeks from right now we should be pulling in for an overnight stop about 1/3 of the way through that long drive south! Can hardly wait to hit the open road!

@grantclaire, you be careful! Don't want to spend March break like this...:crutches:

Both my wife and I are teachers, but we are taking an Orlando March Break Disney Trip break this year with our DD almost 4 and DD 18 months as we are going to Fort Lauderdale with her parents for some Beach time (and Leafs @ Panthers and WBC Canada vs. USA Baseball in Miami). However, we are going to Disneyland California in August for 3 days (spending our other 3 days at Surf City USA, Angels baseball game, and Hollywood) and planning on an August 2018 trip with the 25% off ticket offer. Safe travels to everybody!

How did every one make out for flights this March. We are flying Southwest March 4th back on the 18th, I really, really had to watch this year. Or I would have been paying through the nose.

Leaving on March 4th as well (out of Winnipeg) and got $460 direct on Sunwing of all airlines! I've heard some horrible stories about last minute changes on their end but the timing and price were just too good to pass up.

Leaving on March 4th as well (out of Winnipeg) and got $460 direct on Sunwing of all airlines! I've heard some horrible stories about last minute changes on their end but the timing and price were just too good to pass up.
Great price. We got $112 down and $157 home. $269.00 us. But really had too work for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter