5 resorts in 4 trips

iTenor1500

Earning My Ears
Last weekend, my best friend and I spent 5 nights in a studio at Bay Lake Tower (my first home resort). This was my 4th trip since the parks reopened last July, and I wanted to share what I’ve come away with.

Last August we stayed for 4 nights in a Poly Studio, and then 4 nights in a Boardwalk view one bedroom.
  • I love the Poly, but those sofa beds are a disaster. I’m almost embarrassed that my guests have to sleep on them in some cases.
  • I was also disappointed in both pools at the Poly. The quiet pool, especially, I feel like I barely got my knees wet.
  • Our stay at the Boardwalk (my 2nd home resort) was also nice. I got the bed this time. I love the rooms at the BW, but hate that there’s so little storage in the shower.
I was lucky enough to snag a 2 bedroom at the Beach Club for 5 nights in September with 2 friends (they finalized their 2 DVC contracts while we were there).​
  • Obviously, BCV are beloved for a reason. The rooms were gorgeous, and the location is perfection for an Epcot lover like myself.
  • Stormalong Bay is everything it was hyped up to be, and more.
  • I almost regretted closing on my BWV contract in August. I almost wish I had waited, I may have gone for Beach Club over it.
In February, I spent 2 nights at the Riviera in a preferred studio on a fairly last minute trip.​
  • I was almost appalled by needing to spend 64 points for 2 nights in a studio where I wasn’t looking directly at a park.
  • I hate that it’s was basically plopped on top of Caribbean Beach.
  • I love the Skyliner.
And then, 5 nights at BLT last weekend. I love BLT. It’s my home on property, and I love the aesthetic.​
  • It’s a pity the studios are so small. My friend and I were basically on top of each other all weekend.
  • These rooms are definitely showing their age. Hopefully they’re next for an overhaul.
  • I was really disappointed at how unclean the room felt. Lots of dust, a dirty shower head, and other little things. I did email the GM after we got home.
I’m booked for Saratoga in a preferred room over Labor Day. I’m super excited to see the renovations.

Just my thoughts after all these DVC stays so close together.

Thanks for the bullet points. I'll be checking out Beach Club and BLT this summer. Both studios. If I find the cleanliness at BLT how you described, I will definitely say something ASAP! I'm just looking forward to using Stormalong Bay in the sweltering heat.

• Our stay at the Boardwalk (my 2nd home resort) was also nice. I got the bed this time. I love the rooms at the BW, but hate that there’s so little storage in the shower.
I was lucky enough to snag a 2 bedroom at the Beach Club for 5 nights in September with 2 friends (they finalized their 2 DVC contracts while we were there).​
  • Obviously, BCV are beloved for a reason. The rooms were gorgeous, and the location is perfection for an Epcot lover like myself.

BCV is my favorite and the rooms always feel clean! The bathroom area is reasonably sized and oftentimes quite large. We enjoy SAB in small doses so that isn't a real draw--but the EPCOT proximity is the best!

My DH leans more toward BWV for the quiet pool on the Inn side--we are, more often than not, the only two in that pool area. I like BWV, but that tiny, dark shower area is a real annoyance. You can barely turn around in there and you are so right--no place to put your shower items.

We have compromised over the years--he gets his birthday at BWV and I get mine at BCV. It has worked for years, but BCV can be difficult to snag since we hit that one in October.

I'm trying to figure out how you spent 32 points per night at Riviera. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to figure out how you spent 32 points per night at Riviera. Am I missing something?
Feb.16-28, 2021 preferred studio on Friday & Saturday is 31 points per night (off by 1 point).
That's an insane amount of points for a studio!

Feb.16-28, 2021 preferred studio on Friday & Saturday is 31 points per night (off by 1 point).
That's an insane amount of points for a studio!
Sure enough. I wasn't looking at Sat/Sun. Ouch. I guess we've not yet stayed in a time frame over a weekend that required that many points.

Last weekend, my best friend and I spent 5 nights in a studio at Bay Lake Tower (my first home resort). This was my 4th trip since the parks reopened last July, and I wanted to share what I’ve come away with.

Last August we stayed for 4 nights in a Poly Studio, and then 4 nights in a Boardwalk view one bedroom.
  • I love the Poly, but those sofa beds are a disaster. I’m almost embarrassed that my guests have to sleep on them in some cases.
  • I was also disappointed in both pools at the Poly. The quiet pool, especially, I feel like I barely got my knees wet.
  • I almost regretted closing on my BWV contract in August. I almost wish I had waited, I may have gone for Beach Club over it.
In February, I spent 2 nights at the Riviera in a preferred studio on a fairly last minute trip.​
  • I was almost appalled by needing to spend 64 points for 2 nights in a studio where I wasn’t looking directly at a park.
  • I hate that it’s was basically plopped on top of Caribbean Beach.
  • I love the Skyliner.
And then, 5 nights at BLT last weekend. I love BLT. It’s my home on property, and I love the aesthetic.​
  • It’s a pity the studios are so small. My friend and I were basically on top of each other all weekend.
  • These rooms are definitely showing their age. Hopefully they’re next for an overhaul.
  • I was really disappointed at how unclean the room felt. Lots of dust, a dirty shower head, and other little things. I did email the GM after we got home.
I’m booked for Saratoga in a preferred room over Labor Day. I’m super excited to see the renovations.

Just my thoughts after all these DVC stays so close together.

Lucky you! I own at BLT, but I haven’t been there since 2013. Because of the size of my family we always get a two bedroom or my DH and me grab a one bedroom.

DH and I stayed a in a Preferred View 1 Bed at Rivera in November. It was gorgeous and worth all the points. I really thought Riviera was spectacular. So great, that I will be there again this August in a two bedroom.
We also got a chance to stay in a renovated one bedroom at SSR. The renovations are beautiful. On our August trip we will also be staying at SSR in a two bedroom.

Riviera main living area is so much bigger than SSR. But we love SSR’s location to Disney springs.
And I agree with you the Skyliner is fantastic. November the crowds were down, I hear that Skyliner lines are pretty crazy early morning and of course when the parks close. But what a great addition.

Thanks for your review. And have a great time on your next stay!😎👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!