4th of July Recs

tvsdisney

Mouseketeer
Currently I have the poly booked beacuse of the fireworks and I heard they do activities at the beach/on the lawn. We were there for Halloween and really enjoyed it! Do the other monorail resorts do the same on the 4th or even YC/BC? Just wondering what the night looks like and will pick a place accordingly! Thanks for the help!

When I was there for the 4th 2 years ago, Poly had activities on both the third and the fourth for the kids. They had a bunch of fun poolside games, face painting, lawn games, and on the 4th a dance party on the beach with a DJ! I might have a picture of the activity schedule somewhere. I’ll post it if I find it. Definitely lots of fun for the kids. Enjoy!

ETA: Lawn Sign

Last edited:
Not to hijack your thread but I wanted to ask about this too out of...let’s say mild curiosity. No way am I even thinking about a solo weekend 7/4 trip when we already have a long one in May. :rolleyes1

But I do have each of the monorail resorts as a saved offer on the site to compare for uh. “Research” and if I were to book, I’m torn. GF lagoon view actually works out cheapest and we wanted to do a split in May that didn’t work for our dates. But CR TPV is also a bucket list item for me and not bad with the AP discount. Poly is in the middle and my favorite resort but I worry that I’d be sad there without my other half, who wouldn’t be able to go. I’m curious about the differences in how they do the 4th and fireworks views. I would love to watch them in person instead of streaming them at home.

Not to hijack your thread but I wanted to ask about this too out of...let’s say mild curiosity. No way am I even thinking about a solo weekend 7/4 trip when we already have a long one in May. :rolleyes1

But I do have each of the monorail resorts as a saved offer on the site to compare for uh. “Research” and if I were to book, I’m torn. GF lagoon view actually works out cheapest and we wanted to do a split in May that didn’t work for our dates. But CR TPV is also a bucket list item for me and not bad with the AP discount. Poly is in the middle and my favorite resort but I worry that I’d be sad there without my other half, who wouldn’t be able to go. I’m curious about the differences in how they do the 4th and fireworks views. I would love to watch them in person instead of streaming them at home.

We are thinking exactly alike!!! I was comparing all three!!!

Pretty much they all do something for July 4th. Deluxe at least. Characters, games, actives. It's fun.
We watched a pie eating contest at BWI green with Chip and Dale

Pretty much they all do something for July 4th. Deluxe at least. Characters, games, actives. It's fun.

Which of the three monorail resorts would you say has the best view of the July 4th fireworks? If you had to pick non CL.

Which of the three monorail resorts would you say has the best view of the July 4th fireworks? If you had to pick non CL.
Poly is most centered and direct, with fewer obstacles.
CR is closer but it's a side view.
GF seems to have more trees but we've watched from there several times, around the boat dock, and it is still very good.

thank you! I was thinking they all did but wanted to be sure! so many decisions!! I think we’ll keep the poly this time! IWe are at BC in another couple months although we could do CL for what I’m paying for the poly at BC again.

So, I don’t have many from Poly on the third or fourth because I took video most of the time, but this one doesn’t do it justice. Someone else might have a better picture of the finale and all it’s glory to show you, it’s breathtaking... @GADisneyDad14 might be able to help with that, if he’s not too busy.

00EAFA38-7CB4-448B-A8D5-570F5F6037F0.jpeg

These are from the Grand Floridian boat dock on the 3rd

A074BA4F-A39A-4910-9BE1-DBE368D64075.jpeg

B0F3DF24-3D0D-4CA0-A39A-3AC5BA41E553.jpeg

These are from Grand Floridian on the 4th standing next to Narcoossee’s.

8B40C06C-E61A-4950-883A-6E9EB706BA92.jpeg

B85015AE-183E-4DF2-A637-1EA91F585029.jpeg

Good luck deciding! You really can’t go wrong with either!

Last edited:
I have to admit I had some serious FOMO following along with you guys on the Poly thread for the 4th! I'm just torn because we'll have only just come back from our big trip in May. I think if I were to go again I would want to try the GF but it's such a hard decision. The gf does not care if I go to the Poly without her and is always really encouraging of my solo trips but I feel so guilty lol. It's Our Place if that makes sense.

...maybe I could surprise her for her own birthday (it's the end of July) and upgrade her May hopper to an AP. And then steal her! Mwahaha!

I have to admit I had some serious FOMO following along with you guys on the Poly thread for the 4th! I'm just torn because we'll have only just come back from our big trip in May. I think if I were to go again I would want to try the GF but it's such a hard decision. The gf does not care if I go to the Poly without her and is always really encouraging of my solo trips but I feel so guilty lol. It's Our Place if that makes sense.

...maybe I could surprise her for her own birthday (it's the end of July) and upgrade her May hopper to an AP. And then steal her! Mwahaha!

I love that idea!!!!! That would be a wonderful gift!!!! Good luck deciding!

So, I don’t have many from Poly on the third or fourth because I took video most of the time, but this one doesn’t do it justice. Someone else might have a better picture of the finale and all it’s glory to show you, it’s breathtaking... @GADisneyDad14 might be able to help with that, if he’s not too busy.

View attachment 465521

These are from the Grand Floridian boat dock on the 3rd

View attachment 465522

View attachment 465523

These are from Grand Floridian on the 4th standing next to Narcoossee’s.

View attachment 465524

View attachment 465525

Good luck deciding! You really can’t go wrong with either!

thank you so much!! I guess I’m staying at the poly!!

and I just got CL at the poly for the week!!! It wasn't available before but wooohoooo!!!
CL is going to be a suprise for the kids so i had to share with the Dis because I can't keep a secret!

and I just got CL at the poly for the week!!! It wasn't available before but wooohoooo!!!
CL is going to be a suprise for the kids so i had to share with the Dis because I can't keep a secret!

Nice! I booked pool/marina view last night, just for the weekend. I can’t even justify considering we’ll have just had a long CL stay there in May, that so I’m not even considering CL for the weekend. APitis got me bad.

Nice! I booked pool/marina view last night, just for the weekend. I can’t even justify considering we’ll have just had a long CL stay there in May, that so I’m not even considering CL for the weekend. APitis got me bad.

I had that booked the other day too because it was the only thing available. I looked quickly this morning and even standard view was available but I couldn’t resist CL. It wasn’t too much more than the pool view with the AP discount. I hear ya though I was bit by the AP bug too!!

I had that booked the other day too because it was the only thing available. I looked quickly this morning and even standard view was available but I couldn’t resist CL. It wasn’t too much more than the pool view with the AP discount. I hear ya though I was bit by the AP bug too!!

Thanks for letting me know, I checked and looks like I could downgrade to Standard and save a bit. I can barely justify this trip as is since we’re already staying CL in May lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!