4A vs 4B?

Calantha

DIS Veteran
Is the difference really just the location on the ship? (I'm looking at the Magic). Do people feel strongly one way or the other?

Is the difference really just the location on the ship? (I'm looking at the Magic). Do people feel strongly one way or the other?
It really is just location. For us, we prefer midship because we do stuff at the forward and aft of ship so it’s more centrally located. After that, we prefer aft, because it seems a little smoother.

All Cat4 on Magic have the same size and the only difference is location. On the Dream class ships, 4E’s are smaller and used to be in another category.

We prefer to be centrally located mainly because we never to have to cross the ship to get to a gangway or a dining room, but, as Magic doesn’t have the vibration issue that’s plaguing Wonder, an aft cabin could be a good choice if you want to be close to the restaurants.

On opening day, the price difference is minimal (like $50 on a 7 day trip), but that can spread over time (more that $300). Our first was a 4A on the Fantasy, but our second was a 4B. Almost no difference. The only thing I'd say is on the first cruise, I was more likely to take the stairs up two flights to Cabanas and pool area, whereas on the second, that was 3 flights, so I took the elevator.

Really, just figure where you're most comfortable and what you think you'll be doing on the ship most and decide whether it's worth the extra for 4A over B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter