• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

41st wedding anniversary surprise party

mitchs

Earning My Ears
leaving for disney 3 weeks from today. family lives in fla (as I did some 20+ years ago) and am planning a weekend family reunion. My cousins, whom I am very close yo have yet to see my 2 boys (now ages 8,6) and are having a 41 st wedding anniversary.

Whole family making the trip up from fla to orlando as they will meet us for the weekend. Would like to plan a party (lunch party for 15) to celebrate this occassion outside of the parks.

Any suggestions? (Downtown Disney...)
Thanks.
M

mitchs said:
Would like to plan a party (lunch party for 15) to celebrate this occassion outside of the parks.

There are private rooms at restaurants at the Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Contemporary resorts that may be booked (there might be others too, but those three resorts immediately come to mind). Minimum food and beverage fees apply, but depending upon your party’s size, those minimum fees may be easy to reach. However, I don’t know if those rooms may be booked for lunch because some of the restaurants might only be open for dinner, but it’s worth looking into.

I'm not sure if there are any private dining rooms at any of the Downtown Disney restaurants. If you have a decent budget, you could always rent out, for example, the Adventurer's Club. A fun party could be held there that includes both Disney Streetmosphere Characters and a meal.

If you want something more laid-back, contact Disney's Group Dining folks to see what restaurants can accommodate a party of your size (most can). They'll be able to handle the booking arrangements for you.

By the way, what about moving your meal from lunch to dinner? You could book a reservation at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or the Luau for everyone in your party. I've done that a few times and my guests have always had a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter