• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

40% Riviera with Visa

?? Can someone explain to me why this resort is so expensive? It's cheaper in some cases to book GW Contemporary or BC standard. At least these resorts have park proximity.
My guess is because it's new. Because other than that, you're right, the other resorts really have more going for them.

I booked mine today by calling. Took 51 minutes, but saved close to 40% for week of March 14th.

there was a Disney Visa discount in the Spring too that only some people got an e-mail about and no one had a link they could post. frustrating if you have the card and might be eligible for something but the only way to find the price is to call. >:(
I never seem to get an email. 🙄

there was a Disney Visa discount in the Spring too that only some people got an e-mail about and no one had a link they could post. frustrating if you have the card and might be eligible for something but the only way to find the price is to call. >:(
I saw the link for this posted here. I booked using it till the AP rate came out and was better

True. I am funny in that I will not go through a TA
I must be in control of my reservation to change at my whim
That was me for years until dd wanted to do mnsshp in 2017 and no rooms anywhere(even rack). I tried a TA and she said, “I’ve got Poly at 35%off for your dates”. (Poly is our fav)

After that I got over it.

Sometimes the rate better, sometimes room availability, or sometimes because I dont want to call (BB,Visa) and they can do for you.

Never had a problem changing things either. Trust me I do too! Cha cha change!

Oh ya my CSR stay coming up I told my ya I wanted to switch from std to deluxe room. She got up and booked the AP rate for me! I slept in 7:20a that day and found an email in my box from her you are all set at 7:05 am. Nice

A Disney guided tour of 1 bedroom and then studio FYI ! Looks amazing and wait until you see the sleeper in living! Cool!

Tim Tracker also did one if interested, He also videod riding the gondolas.

I booked 3 nights over the phone. It was $1380 for the 3 nights and that includes the 40% off. I think that's pretty high for 3 nights, so I'm waiting to see other offers that come out....sometime....soon, I hope!

I booked 3 nights over the phone. It was $1380 for the 3 nights and that includes the 40% off. I think that's pretty high for 3 nights, so I'm waiting to see other offers that come out....sometime....soon, I hope!
What category did they put you in? A suite of some sort?
Or does that include tickets too?

I am doing the same thing. I booked, but will be keeping an eye out for other offers. :)

?? Can someone explain to me why this resort is so expensive? It's cheaper in some cases to book GW Contemporary or BC standard. At least these resorts have park proximity.
Disney is trying to sell them as the grand Floridian of the Epcot area. Personally, it looks nice but in no way is worth more than contemporary or yacht club. Right now there are no other winter discounts out so compared to rack rate at other resorts it’s a good deal. When other discounts are released that may change.

I did the online chat again and the CM sent me the link for the Visa deal. However, I see it's now listed on the Disney site special offers section too. Just FYI in case anyone didn't realize. Happy planning!
I don't see it on the site, can you share the link?

Reactions: TJA
I did the online chat again and the CM sent me the link for the Visa deal. However, I see it's now listed on the Disney site special offers section too. Just FYI in case anyone didn't realize. Happy planning!
where are you seeing it? I can't find it.

You only see the link there because you went to the site using the link provided. This is typical for whatever reason. Other can't see it
If someone wants to find it they'll have to use the link the CM sent you, if you don't mind sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter