• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off vs. gift card

scarlett24

Dreamin' of Disney
Just booked a 7 night stay at Poly (garden view) in May for 2 adults, 3 kids, ages 6, 3 & 9 months. Got 8 day park tix and basic dining plan. No hoppers or water parks. Grand total is $3734 with the 40% off room code. Sounds like a great deal to me, but now I am reading about the gift card offer. Wonder which is the better deal. Any opinions are appreciated. I may call back to compare. Thanks, Mary

The 40% off the room portion of your package would be about $1356. The gift card would only be for $750. I would definitely stick with the 40% off.

I just went thorugh the same thing. Crunched numbers, and for our Boardwalk stay, the 40% off deal worked out to be better. I would stick with your chioce. Have fun. The Poly is my all-time favorite resort:thumbsup2

What do you guys think would be better...the 40%off (or 30% for mod) or the free dining? I always get so excited I forget to think it though sometimes!! I would like to stay at the POR but the AKL would be good too. Guess I need to crunch the numbers too!

What do you guys think would be better...the 40%off (or 30% for mod) or the free dining? I always get so excited I forget to think it though sometimes!! I would like to stay at the POR but the AKL would be good too. Guess I need to crunch the numbers too!

How many people?

I did the numbers on ours, and it would only save us $25 to do the gift card,, but thats is counting the gift card, we would be paying extra $275 to get a $300 gift card! and since we are already getting the dining plan, it would but practically the same either way!!

I crunched a lot of numbers for our August trip for a family of five plus an infant. I looked up prices for room only, dining plan, and tickets so I had something to compare to. 40% off was a much better deal than the $750 gift card, and will be a few hundred dollars better than free dining, if it should be offered. This was for two adults, three kids, 10 nights at the Contemporary. Hope that helps

Thanks for that. I was wondering almost that exact scenario. We are booked with a pin code for 40% off at the CR for 11Nts. I was thinking about what to do if free dining comes out. But figured that we wouldn't eat that many TS if we didn't do DDP, we are happy with just a couple of TS meals and the rest CS and whatever we have in our room.

With the mods and 5 people (POR) we came out ahead with free dining, but with the deluxe I think we are good with what we already have. Maybe now I can stop looking for the next deal:rotfl:

For my solo trip booked for December, I got 40% off deluxe. This saved me
$952.00. If I had chosen the gift card, I probably would not have spent all of it, anyway. I got a good deal ! The 40% room only was better!

Thanks for all your replies. I did the math and am sticking with the 40% off code. Better deal for our trip by hundreds of $. Thanks again.

Same with us the 40% was a better deal by a couple of hundred dollars.
plus an extra day with the give a day get a day we are going for 15 days now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter