40 Days of non-expiring park hopping passes

Wow, I dug to see what this would cost and four 10 day non-expiring park hoppers were $2,700 in 2013.

That doesn't seem that much cheaper than now, especialy for almost ten years later. Though I guess you can split them into one day, which is more.

We don't have that situation, but how astute of you to get all those 10 day non-expiring tickets. we love Disney, used to buy those, and it's really pricy buying the two day tickets for this trip, and the one day ticket for that trip, etc.

How nice to no have to check your tickets each time now.
I wish-wish-wish I'd been aware these were going to go away -- I would've bought a couple. Yeah, quoting RoseGold above, $2700 for a family of four isn't cheap, BUT being able to save a day for later makes the price easier to bear.

I have a couple old-old tickets, but they only have one park day and four water park days left.

When they were discontinued, I picked up some 10-day w/ water park tickets. I was disappointed I couldn't get the park hopper (those were already sold out) but I figure 10 days of tickets and 10 water park tickets for the ~$700 was a good investment. Since I finally let me AP lapse, I'll probably break the seal on those tickets this fall.

I think that we might be in a fairly unique situation, but I wanted to pass along an incredibly helpful tip in case someone has a similar situation. Back in the day when Disney announced that they were going to stop selling the non-expiring park hopping passes my wife and I each bought four 10-day tickets. Our intention is to hold onto those for as long as we can and use them as our VGF DVC member is ending and Disney is charging $1000 a day for a park ticket.

After those tickets stopped being sold we switched over to APs. The issue that we had in the early days is our non-expiring tickets were always being flagged as the first option when we bought a new AP. When scanning into a park our non-expiring tickets were used instead of the new AP and we had to go to guest services to be issued a “file number” to reference that Disney owes us a day to be used at a future date. After going through this we always asked that Disney make sure everything was prioritized correctly with our APs. Unfortunately, we ran into this same issue two additional times as the years progressed. These days Disney’s systems can correctly accommodate for this sort of situation but we are continuously paranoid and always watching our tickets to make sure they are correct.

Just renewing our APs and upgrading from Sorcerer to IncrediPass as we have a Christmas trip planned for this year we were on the phone with Guest Services. They suggested that we create a new name under our My Disney Experience and move those non-expiring tickets to those names. Now we no longer need to worry about our old tickets being used. When we’re ready to use them we can either get a new magic band associated with those names or call Guest Services and ask that they move them back to our original names. This is such a massive load off of our minds every time we renew our APs and we wanted to share if anyone else has a similar situation.
Hi , We did the same and have several of the non expiring tickets. We too had the issue that when we went to the parks tickets were pulled off of two different tickets. With the park reservation system in place one person had to have two tickets so when we entered the part it pulled one day off of two different tickets. That was a nightmare to correct. I do have tickets assigned to dummy names as you suggest and had issues with that and some of the CMs had an issue with my dummy persons. It took hours at guest services and on the phone to get it all straight. Also they don't even udr ticket numbers anymore , they just pool all the days together so record keeping is shot. The tickets are nice to have, but with the new system it is very confusing.

It depends if these are "tickets with the no-expiration option" or "non-expiring tickets." Tickets nowadays have a defined expiration even if they aren't used. In the past, tickets didn't expire until 14 days after first use. With the no-expiration option, the ticket (and each day) never expire. Since you say you've got "4 days remaining," I have to assume you've got tickets with the no-expiration option, so, yes, you'll have one day left after using three. The tickets are still valid as originally purchased.
You were correct in your understanding of my question and type of tickets they are. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter