4 questions, please!

numberonenole

Mouseketeer
1. I really can't find much information on the Polar Express ride, but my 5 year old is a FANATIC! From what I saw when I searched the forum, last year there were two options, motion or non-motion. Is that the case this year?

2. My 3 year old is almost 40", so does that mean he can't ride the full Polar Express ride? I saw that the Wild Artic requires a 42" minimum height.

3. Should (not could) a 3 and 5 year old eat at the Sharks Underwater Grill or is it that a nice place where no loud children should go?

4. The 3 year old is a shark and dolphin fanatic. I showed him pictures of the dolphin feeding and he keeps saying that he wants to pet a shark! Should we go straight to the dolphin feeding area as soon as the park opens in order to feed them? If the have eaten their food allotment for the day do they still hang out to be petted or does that only happen because they are being fed?

Please give me opinions if you feel there is something we should or shouldn't do with two VERY active little boys. I'm actually hesitating to see Shamu because it will be hard to get them to sit still and wait for the show to start. Thanks in advance for your advice!

1. I really can't find much information on the Polar Express ride, but my 5 year old is a FANATIC! From what I saw when I searched the forum, last year there were two options, motion or non-motion. Is that the case this year?

2. My 3 year old is almost 40", so does that mean he can't ride the full Polar Express ride? I saw that the Wild Artic requires a 42" minimum height.

3. Should (not could) a 3 and 5 year old eat at the Sharks Underwater Grill or is it that a nice place where no loud children should go?

4. The 3 year old is a shark and dolphin fanatic. I showed him pictures of the dolphin feeding and he keeps saying that he wants to pet a shark! Should we go straight to the dolphin feeding area as soon as the park opens in order to feed them? If the have eaten their food allotment for the day do they still hang out to be petted or does that only happen because they are being fed?

Please give me opinions if you feel there is something we should or shouldn't do with two VERY active little boys. I'm actually hesitating to see Shamu because it will be hard to get them to sit still and wait for the show to start. Thanks in advance for your advice!

1. Yes there are both motion and non motion options
2. If he is 40'' he probably wont be able to ride the motion ride, but again there is the non motion side.
3. Sharks underwater grill is a nicer place to eat in the park. They will let kids in but its a sit down and be served restaurant so im sure other guests wouldnt appreciate the noise.
4. It is continuous feeding all day. There is no point where they stop the feedings. So yes, youll get a chance to pet them. You cant pet the sharks, but you can feed them. I would reccomend getting a feeding card (not sure the exact name of this card) Its available at any of the feeding stations, and its a discount where you can feed, I believe 3 of the 4 animals that are allowed to be fed. the 4 include, sealions, dolphins, sharks and stingrays. You can buy the card and feed 3 of those 4 animals for a cheaper rate.

If you dont do sharks underwater grill and arent sure about seeing the Shamu show, then I would suggest doing the "Dine With Shamu" show. Its a sit down all you can eat buffet that includes a private killer whale interaction up close. The buffet takes place during the Shamu Believe show and where you eat is backstage so you get a behind the scenes look at everything. Plus, there is a screen that is across from where you eat that has a live camera feed of the show going on in the front pool. Here is a link with more info on the dine with shamu experience. http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=593

I would also suggest doing happy harbor. Its a kids play area and also has some kiddie rides for kids your sons ages. This is ofcourse included with park admission.

It sounds like your coming in December. Here is the schedule of shows for december. http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?locID=1 just click on the date your going for show times. Some days have christmas themed shows including fireworks at the end of the day and some days do not. (The days where the park is open until 9 or 10pm is when there are christmas themed shows. The days where the park is open until 6 there are no christmas themed shows however polar express is daily so no matter what day you go, you will get to ride polar express) There is a sesame street christmas show on certain days that im sure your boys would enjoy. When you get to the show schedule, just click on the show name for more info. Each show is about 20-30 minutes long.

Any other questions feel free to ask. :)

You're awesome! Thanks so much! We made reservations for Dine With Shamu for a 5:30 seating. The park closes at 6 that day so I was thinking that was a good way to extend our time at the park a little too. It's like a three for one deal (Shamu, dinner, later exit)! With the park closing that early I don't know what we will do in the couple of hours between closing and bed time.
Thanks again!

You're awesome! Thanks so much! We made reservations for Dine With Shamu for a 5:30 seating. The park closes at 6 that day so I was thinking that was a good way to extend our time at the park a little too. It's like a three for one deal (Shamu, dinner, later exit)! With the park closing that early I don't know what we will do in the couple of hours between closing and bed time.
Thanks again!

I'm not sure at all, but I think the DWS end around 6pm, too! You have a little pre show backstage and then see Believe from there while dining. I think it's all over around 6pm...

I'm not sure at all, but I think the DWS end around 6pm, too! You have a little pre show backstage and then see Believe from there while dining. I think it's all over around 6pm...

I believe DWS would end somewhere between 6:15 and 6:30 because the trainers have a Believe show that ends at 6:00 and they have to go over to dine with shamu for an interaction that probably wont start until a little later.

Im glad you decided to book a Dine With Shamu reservation. Youll have an awesome time! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter