Hippogriff

ry%3D400

Butterbear

ry%3D400

Pumpkin Juice

ry%3D400

Three Broomsticks

ry%3D400

My goodness, Zoey is looking so grown up! She looks like she's really enjoying herself. And Jesse - looks like he's right where he wants to be.

Staying in a rented house makes going to Universal and Legoland so much more do-able. You can spend so much $$$$ staying on-site, then not going to a Disney Park every day seems costly.

Really looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Thank you Julie. We split the cost of the vacation home. I only paid 1/3 and the kids paid the rest. It was so much more cost effective than staying on site. This way each kid could have their own room and the adults could have their privacy. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat.

Both Zoey and Jesse had a great time. All Zoey could say was "RIDE, RIDE, RIDE". She knew what she wanted. Jesse loved it all and he's getting a bit more brave about the rides. He still won't do coasters because they are scary. I'm with him on that! We'll see how he does in two years.

February 8 We had breakfast at the home and made rope drop at Magic Kingdom. We went over to Tony’s to try and make a reservation for dinner, but they only had 7:30. We declined. We walked down Main Street and I saw my friend Dean. I don’t think he remembered me, but that’s OK, because I remember him. About 10 to 15 years ago, he chose us to be Grand Marshals in the parade. Ever since then, every year when we would come back, I would get a hug from Dean. It just starts my vacation off right. It was very good to see him again.

Our first ride was Snow White, the Winnie the Pooh. Both kids loved them. Jesse really loved It’s a Small World. We had gotten fast passes for Peter Pan and got them for Mickey’s Philharmagic at the same time. Peter Pan is my all time favorite ride. Jesse loved it as well. After all it’s about pirates. We saw Mickey’s Philharmagic but it was very blurry for some reason. Other people complained about it too.

We had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Karen had the Pilgrims feats (turkey and all the trimmings). Chuck had the lamb stew and I had the tri cornered sandwich. Jesse had spaghetti and boy did he eat it. We all had the ooey gooey toffey cake for dessert. Nowe that is so good it’s sinful! I could have licked the plate.

After lunch we did the Haunted Mansion and then over to Pirates again. Chuck took Jesse on the speedway while Karen and I looked in the stores. I bought two pair of men’s boxers to wear as jimmies. They were so soft and comfy.

It was right around 3 and Chuck and Karen took the kids home so we could have another adult night. The babysitter was to arrive at 4.

I took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian to go to Basin. They didn’t have what I wanted, but I did find something that I liked. It’s called Samsarra and it smells just like an orange creamsicle. I bought a couple of pins and then headed back to Magic Kingdom. I stopped in the jewelry store and finally broke down and bought a Dooney and Bourke Tink wristlet. I had been looking at it for a while. It was an extravagance, but I wanted something small that I could just put in my lipsticks and sunglasses and this was perfect.

I found a nice place to sit and relax in Tony’s lobby. The chair was soft and I turned it around so I could watch Lady and the Tramp. At 5 I watched the flag retreat. It’s a beautiful ceremony. After the flag is taken down you say the Pledge of Allegiance and they plan the national anthem and the American the Beautiful.

Right about then, Chuck and Karen walked up. We asked at the podium if they could take us and they said there would be a 35 minute wait. That was fine with us. Karen and I had the spaghetti and meatballs and Chuck had the chicken Parm. Everything was great. I even ate some of the spaghetti. It’s considered sinful if you’re Italian and don’t like spaghetti, but I just don’t like pasta. This was very tasty and I enjoyed it. I was the only one who wanted dessert and I had the pistachio crème brule.

We did Haunted Mansion again. Somehow it’s better at night. I just love all the new interactive things in the line and the improvements in the ride itself. We also did Pirate again. Then Chuck and Karen talked me into riding the speedway. Chuck kept racing and trying to bump into Karen but she was driving slow. He kept teasing that he had the faster car. We found out after the ride that Karen had a man with a toddler in front of her and she couldn’t go faster. I was just thrilled that I could get out of that car.

The fireworks had started while we were riding and we got to see a bit of them. We rode the People mover and our last ride was Buzz.

Chuck’s score was an impressive 722,230. Karen’s was 25,400. Mine was a whopping 7,300 which made me a space cadet, something that everyone has know for ages.

I returned my scooter and we headed home. It was 10 by the time we got home.

It’s now 11:50 and I am closing my eyes. It’s been a long but great day.

Liberty Tree Tavern

ry%3D400

Not A King

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My dumbest picture. I was trying to see where to aim that stupid gun and then they reversed our scores. Chuck was pissed at that. :rotfl:

ry%3D400

Another Adult Night Out

ry%3D400

I'm not sure if I have any other pictures of that night. I'll have to check and see at the end of my report and post all the other pictures I seem to have.

February 9 I woke up with a start at 6:30. We had reservations at 100 Park Faire at 8:05. I got my cup of hot chocolate and got dressed. We were all ready to go right on time.

Chuck wasn’t feeling well so he didn’t feel like eating. He did drink a lot of juice. Karen and I and the kids had a great breakfast. We loved the strawberry soup. I had an omelet with onions, peppers, bacon and cheddar and Mozzeralla mix. For dessert I had some wonderful bread pudding with Vanilla sauce.

Pooh came out first and Jesse gave him a big hug. Chuck took pictures. Then came Tigger. Zoey is still afraid of the characters but Jesse loves them. Mary Poppins came out next, but Jesse was too shy to pose with her, but Karen and I got a nice picture with her. We also got pictures with Belle. Last Alice came out and Karen and I got our pictures taken with her. She posed behind Jesse and Zoey so we could get a picture like that. Alice loved Zoey's hair, which always sticks up. She started playing with it and Zoey didn't mind at all.

When the bill came our server didn’t charge for Chuck since he didn’t eat anything. He told her he drank some juice, but she said it was no problem. I thought that was very sweet of her.

We drove 45 minutes to Legoland. There were plenty of rides for Jesse but the only thing Zoey could ride was the carousel. She did love the playgrounds. The child has no fear. She went on the big kids slide with no problem. She even swung herself off like Jesse did. Anything Jesse does, she wants to do. Jesse had fun with all the rides and even better time in the playground. He and a couple of other boys collected all the legos and made a long tower on the floor. The other boys helped, but then lost interest. Jesse used up every lego and then made Chuck take a picture of it.

Jesse didn’t want to leave but we had reservations for Boma for dinner and Chuck was feeling better.

It was wonderful as usual. I now have to wait another two years to eat there again.

We were all pretty tired so we just drove home and relaxed the rest of the evening.

I didn’t get to do much today but sit and watch. Legoland is only for kids 4 to 12. Any younger won’t be able to ride. I think they should make some rides for younger kids too.

I’m going to go to bed early tonight.

I don't know why Jesse was posing so strangely. He loves Tigger.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Alice playing with Zoey's Hair

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Carousel at Legoland

ry%3D400

Slide at Legoland

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Jesse and his Charger

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Albert & Chuck

ry%3D400

Jesse & the Giraffe

ry%3D400

Pirate Legos

ry%3D400

Jesse's Lego Tower

ry%3D400

You brought sunshine to my rainy Friday morning! I'm loving your report, I feel like I was there with you! And the pictures are truly beautiful! :cloud9::love: I want to get on a plane tomorrow and do everything you did :banana:

I'm so glad you are enjoying it snappyd. We did have a great time and as soon as I win that Publishers Clearing House $5,000 a week for life, I will be right on that plane with you!. :lmao:

What a great trip report! We have always stayed onsite, but I have been contemplating renting a vacation house to have a private pool (I love to swim, but have a thing about public pools). Your report really has me thinking it would be awesome! I love the thought of getting in a nice warm pool at the end of a long day, before heading off to bed. We really want to go to Harry Potter world too! Your pictures are terrific, and your family is just adorable.

Thank you Tigger2252. The vacation home was wonderful. Everyone had their privacy and the pool was a great way to end the day. We had to pay extra for the heat on the pool but it was so worth it.

Here is the place we stayed. I would highly recommend it.

http://vacationbythemouse.com/index.php?com=properties&action=infopage&id=41&pid=

The only small complaint is that the garage is so small our van couldn't fit in it. Some of the homes in the development did have two car garages though.

February 10 That last statement was an understatement. I watched Jeopardy and about 5 minutes of Wheel of Fortune before I was snoring. Karen told me Chuck and Zoey were snoring along with me and Jesse was singing. LOL What a concert. I did wake up about 8:30 and watched Person of Interest and part of Mentalist before I was gone for the night. I woke up a couple of times, but went right back to sleep until 7am.

Chuck was still sleeping so I played with the kids to give Karen a bit of a break.

We to Magic Kingdom around 10. We rode Pirates and Buzz before we had lunch with Sonny Eclipse. Jesse really enjoyed seeing Sonny and had some chicken nuggets. I had a pulled pork sandwich with fries. Now Zoey was sitting next to me and started “stealing my fries. She thought it was great fun. She would look at me and then giggle while she took another fry.

We rode the People mover to relax and then Carousel of Progress. We walked around and saw the Haunted Mansion for the last time. It was rather warm and humid, so we decided to go home and swim.

Zoey is fearless in the water. Jesse loves for us to hold him while he “swims”. He won’t put his head in the water, after the first time. Karen showed him how to do it. Then I held my nose and sat on the bottom and then jumped out and shook my head like a dog to get my hair out of my eyes and made a funny noise. Both kids thought that was so funny. Zoey started shaking her head and making my funny sound. I had to do it 4 or 5 more times. Then both kids got cold and we all got out. I think we were all getting a little chilly.

I washed my hair and got ready to go out to dinner. Chuck wanted to try Carrabas. I had the Italian Chicken pizza, with pine nuts, scallions and Fontina cheese. It was really yummy. I only ate one piece with the crust. I can only eat so much, so I scrapped the toppings off and ate that. I wanted to eat the good stuff.

We got home around 7:30 and I got into my jimmies and wrote in my trip report. I also got a lot of stuff packed. Tomorrow is our last day. How did it go so quickly?

Tomorrow I have to call both limo services to confirm for Sunday.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

February 11 I can’t believe it’s come to an end. This has been such a great vacation. I love spending time with Chuck and Karen and the kids, but I think I will be glad to get home and into my own bed.

Today was very chilly and windy. We slept in again and got to Epcot around 10. Chuck and Jesse rode Test Track first while Karen, Zoey and I wanted for the baby swap. While we waited I stopped in Mission Space gift shop for my light up Mickey keychain. I put it on my cane and it lights up with every step. I also bought a keychain vinylmation. I finally got one I liked in the blind package. It’s clear red with X & O on it. I think My DH sent me a Valentine gift.

Chuck and Jesse got off Test Track it was my turn with Karen. Some nice young man gave me a hand to get in. I thought that was very sweet of him. Then Chuck rode Mission Space.

Jesse was so excited to see Nemo again but we rode Imagination first. He loved it and both kids like to make music in the play area. We rode Nemo and then got the free picture with Mickey and Pluto. Chuck and I just watched. It came out very cute.

Our last ride of the trip, by tradition is Space Ship Earth. We walked out and rode home.

They gave the kids a bath and got ready for their dinner in Mexico. Jesse wanted to watch Cars 2 with Zoey cried her eyes out when Mommy and Daddy left. She is at that stage where if she can’t see them she cries and cries.

I got her interested in some Gold Fish and juice and then she wanted to draw. I gave her my pen and notebook and tucked her into my bed. She enjoyed it and it hept her happy. She started to lay down and her eyes were starting to close. I picked her up and put her in her pac n play and closed the door. She cried for another 10 minutes and then she fell asleep.

I got most of my packing done. Just some last minute things that I will put in tomorrow. We’re all getting up at 5 to finish packing and then getting the van packed. I have some things that just won’t fit in my suitcase so it will just have to be lose in the van.

My car will pick me up at 8 and I will be on my way home. It’s going to be down to 35 tonight and tomorrow will be very chilly to start.

I don’t know if I’m coming down with something but my throat is kind of sore and I’m kind of achy. I’ll be glad to be in my own bed tomorrow night.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

February 12 Last night I fell asleep around 9. The kids came home a little after 8. They were very tired and went to bed soon after.

I had played with Jesse after I put Zoey to sleep, but he got a little too loud and woke her up. Jesse opened her door and told her he was sorry he woke her up. I picked her up and cuddled her for a while and then put her down again to cry it out. I gave Jesse a little snack and then let him watch a bit of Jake and the Neverland Pirates and then told him it was time for bed. I asked if he wanted to play his Leapster for a while, but he said he just wanted to go to sleep. He was really tired because it was only 7:15.

Jesse was a little confused that I wouldn’t be living with them at home. He wanted me to come and play with him on Monday. I told him he was going to go to school, but he still thought I would be there when he came home to play with him. I told him that I would be living in my house and would visit him soon. He said, “But Grandmom, I forget where your house is.” I said, “that’s OK, Mommy and Daddy remember where it is.” AWWWWWWW That made me feel so good that he wants me around. I kissed and hugged him goodnight and he nodded off soon after.

I was up and dressed and packed by 4:45. Chuck and Karen were up at 5 and got the kids ready to go and packed the car.

We checked the house, one last time and then they headed out by 6:45. I had to wait until 8 when my car came. He was right on time. I got through security easily and got to my gate my 9. We should board around 10 and I should be home by 1:30.

So ends another wonderful trip to Disney World. Only 713 more days to go!

Oh, Mary - what a wonderful trip! You are so blessed to have such a lovely family.

2 years - eh? Seems like a long time 'til the next trip (he-he!)

Thanks Julie. Believe me, I thank God every day for my family. I don't know what I would do without them.

Well, it's not exactly two years. It's only 708 more days. :thumbsup2

Do you mind if I ask which airport you used? We always leave from NY and use Laguardia, but I'm wondering what to do when we live in NJ - Atlantic City or Newark?

I always use Atlantic City airport. It's only 20 minutes away from me. I would never go to Newark :scared1: I'm used to AC Airport too.

I'm glad you liked that picture. They are both so full of joy there. I think my favorite is the picture where Chuck and Karen are blissfully unaware that Jesse figured that it would be a good time to pull Zoey's hair. Zoey's hair sticks up because she has two cowlicks going in opposite directions too. Even Alice loved to play with it.

Thank you so much for reading my trip report. I had hoped for more readers, but I'll never be a Nebo. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter