4 days until we get to He-ea-ven! 4 days until we get to Dis-ney World! Sept'12 PTR

We've had a heck of a few days - we discovered our slightly off neighbours are actually certifiable and think we owe them money - which given the situation we can understand - but that's not the issue - the issue is, they got angry at us when we said 'sure, no problem, we'll pay you' - instead of being happy, they got ticked off b/c we didn't hand them apple of money immediately. Of course understand after talking to a lawyer, a priest, a doctor, and 450 ppl on Facebook about ti everyone agrees we don't need to pay them anything. So they're completely out of line. But :confused3 you can't fix stupid. Oh well. We're just hoping it'll all blow over and we won't need to spend the next 4 years looking out the window to be sure they're not out before we go out:rotfl2:

In other news, we have a new baby princess: niece born today at 1207! very excited but no info other than all is well. :cloud9:

The rain has finally stopped, so the landscaper should be out in a few days to get things started. Of course we're hoping to get the weeds pulled before that happens, but todays the first day we've been able to walk off the sidewalk to even try pulling weeds. Only about 6 more hours of weed pulling to go! :banana:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Flights came down in price:banana: We're hoping if we hold out one more week, they'll come down even more - we're still $400 more than we've paid in the past - and still 2 weeks out from when we normally purchase - :teacher: so things should work in our favour :sick: I hope!

We also realized when booking AoA we (almost) booked an extra night, so saved another $250 from what we'd thought we were paying. IN the grand scheme of things, it doesn't amount to much, but it's something!

We were watching some friends kids today (6 kids!:scared1:) they just returned from WDW and we were all talking about the rides and looking at pictures - I can hardly wait to get back there!! OUr little think was so small, only a couple teeth - now she has a full mouth (and isn't afraid to use them!). I can hardly wait! But no, we haven't actually paid. It'd take a lot for us to not go, but there's one last item up in the air that could potentially cause us some trouble - we'll have that all sorted by Canada Day if things don't turn out as planned, then things could get tricky, but we've always figured it out in the past, I'm sure we will this time as well!

We've added a small crimp in our plans. Nothing that effects whether we go or not, but could possibly effect enjoyment :sad:

Our entire family has celiac's disease so we have to be extremely cautious about even looking at gluten. But our youngest DD, our little Tinker Bell, also has food allergies. We're not certain to what exactly though we know corn is definitely an issue. Tree-nuts could also be an issue.
AND so could eggs!!! :faint: So we need to contact special diets to see what she'll be able to enjoy while we're there. Unless the formula's changed, she won't be able to have dole whips, or Mickey Bars, but I'm really worried that even the Gluten-free Mickey Waffles will be out of the question. I want her to be healthy, but I also want her to enjoy all the Mouse has to offer. In the meant time I need to go back through all our ADRS and add the multiple food allergy issues. We've already made a note of the gluten-free - and we've eaten gluten free at WDW many times,s o we're not concerned, but even gluten-free takes many things off the menu. I'm really worried that she'll be left with nothing to eat, and since I'm still breastfeeding her, I'd be left with nothing to eat since the allergens go through me and into her. :sad1:

Only 72 more days!!:banana::banana::banana:

AS each day passes we spend more time preparing our girls for our trip. With three children 5 and under, traveling can be difficult, so we do what we can to lessen the stress. We read books about flying - talk about each step. Waiting in line, baggage check, customs, waiting, sitting, fastening seat belts. We talk about how long we'll be how many flights, and then what'll happen when we arrive at MCO.

We begin small by reading books (Usborne has a great my first flight book), as we get closer we mention more specifics related to our trip. We don't have a direct flight, so on the day we travel we talk to our girls non-stop about what to expect each step of the way.

We know once we arrive at the resort the girls will experience a million and one new sights, sounds, smells. We prepare them before we go by spending time at a very large shopping mall with lots of people. Preparing both them and us to not lose anyone as well as to help them prepare for crowds.

Sorcerer radio is on almost non-stop. We listen to the sounds of the resorts, parks, rides, everything. Pictures from previous trips are invaluable. The girls remember wha they enjoyed and we prepare them for experiences the tmay have been difficult in the past. Last trip our Lilo refused to have her picture taken except for certain moments. I want pictures of her this trip, so we're already talking about being in pictures, and taking her picture around the home more often to prepare. We're also talking about meeting characters. LAst trip she wouldn't go up to a character she hadn't met previously. I felt kind of upset when she'd runs nd hide from the characters when she'd never done so before. If it happens gain, I'll be prepared and hopefully not so upset - but hopefully by preparing her for new characters and giving her tips to cope with the stress she'll be able to meet them.

Each afternoon we :happytv: turn on Disney Jr and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny, and Doc McStuffins also get watched a lot. Though my personal favourite is Phineas and Ferb.

When we go to Disney, we want our girls to be in awe. We want them to see the magic and be amazed. WE don't believe they can be amazed if they have nothing to base it on.

Our day to day life is pretty mundane and even on our busiest days, we seldom come close to anything comparing to Disney.

I know what you mean about helping them remember it all. Not a day goes by when we are not talking about our last trip, looking at pictures, videos, everything. I have to be careful though, as the last time they all started crying because they missed Disney!:eek:
Sorry to hear of all your eating challenges. How stressful for ou all! We don' t have any experience with this issue but from what i Hear you are in good hands at WDW.

Sorry for my lack of responses, we just got back from a weekend away....:flower3:

I've started writing a post so many times over the past few days - but something keeps coming up - and it's way too dangerous to leave posts open on the computer here :rotfl2: otherwise I end up with gibberish posted on my behalf. life's busy with 3 kids - add a sick puppy into the mix and life is positively crazy!

A little more about us - I'm a SAHM who enjoys baking, and gardening. I'm anxiously awaiting our landscaper getting here (when will it stop raining?) and putting in our fence and patio. with 3 small children I can't do very much without worrying about someone running away - and since there's so much construction around us, it's a bit scary without a fence.

DH works in the oil industry - we live in Alberta where else would he work? :confused3 he used to be a teacher, but the good ol' gov't cut back those positions years ago. In the long run I think we're better off now then we'd have been had he remained in education. He's anxiously awaiting our yard as well - it gets the kids out of the house while he's sleeping for shift work.

Lilo - is also anxiously awaiting our yard since she wants to garden! She's also fascinated by bugs and has a blast finding and identifying all the little creatures she finds in our weed covered back yard.

Aurora - also wants our yard b/c she hates that I have to leash up the puppy and take him out so many times a day. She just wants to open the door and let him out. She also wants to garden, but I think she's more interested in picking flowers than actually growing flowers.

Tinker Bell just wants out. She really doesn't care where she wants out of the house. Oh and she learned a new word - 'No!' She runs down the hallway singing 'No, no, no, no!' It's really actually cute. But so far it's also pretty easy to give her options to get her to agree to something that works with us instead of against us. Little Think has also received her first epipen hopefully we never need it). We're waiting to see the allergist, and hoping we get in before the trip - we've discovered all the antihistamines on the market (in syrup form anyhow) have corn in them - which creates a bit of a problem when she's allergic to corn.

I've really been mourning the past week and a bit as we contemplate our trip - I've also been putting off contacting special diets - I know from previous trips my 2 favourite treats both have corn in them - Mickey Bars and Dole Whips :sad1: I'm really worrying that other treats will also have corn in them - thus limiting our magic even more. I have been contacting various manufactures that (at least int he past) provide gluten-free items for Disney. I want to find out what the likelihood is we'll be able to have MIckey Waffles etc. So far things are looking good. In the past Disney always used Namaste brand mixes - and they do not contain xanthan gum (derived from corn) or other sources of corn.

I'm not much of a pop (soda for all you Americans out there) drinker to begin with, but I do enjoy their raspberry lemonade and figure that'll be out of the question - also I won't be able to have Dansani (sp?) water since the bottle is made from corn - I have to find out what bottled water will be available for us while we're there. Obviously if I have no choice, we'll drink tap water, but I really want to avoid that if at all possible.

We're on a big learning curve food wise right now - We've been gluten-free for a while so we understand what needs to be done, but corn is in everything. Plus we believe she may also have tree-nut allergies and possibly egg. I feel heavy (or is that hungry) just thinking about what we can't eat.

My plan is to contact special diets in the next week - and maybe I'll be surprised by what's actually available. I know we'll have something, and we'll have more available than other places, but my concern is that we'll have very limited choices. They will accommodate, but that often means we end up with the same selection everywhere we eat. We expect that for dessert, but would really prefer it if we weren't limited to plain chicken breasts the entire 2 weeks.

Glad you're back! Wow I can't even contemplate what you are going through with the allergy issues. It just adds a whole other dimension of things to think about with your vacation.

Actually this past weekend over here my youngest DD woke up with hives. We can;t think of anything out of the ordinary she had to eat the day before except I bought ROLO ice cream with peanut butter in it. Now all my DD's have been eating peanut butter for a really long time, so I am wondering if this could really be it. Can one suddenly develop a reaction to something they have been having for a long time? :confused3

My eldest DD is allergic to amoxicillin and reacted with hives at the time too. My middle DD is not allergic but is borderline with chocolate. Everytime she eats it she has an ezcema outbreak around her mouth, torso and buttocks.

SO....long story short now I am slightly concerned about peanut butter with my youngest. :sad2: THoughts?

Sounds great to have your yard done! I know what you mean about someone running away...we have those issues too. :headache::goodvibes

Glad you're back! Wow I can't even contemplate what you are going through with the allergy issues. It just adds a whole other dimension of things to think about with your vacation.

Can one suddenly develop a reaction to something they have been having for a long time? :confused3

My eldest DD is allergic to amoxicillin and reacted with hives at the time too. My middle DD is not allergic but is borderline with chocolate. Everytime she eats it she has an ezcema outbreak around her mouth, torso and buttocks.

SO....long story short now I am slightly concerned about peanut butter with my youngest. :sad2: THoughts?

Sounds great to have your yard done! I know what you mean about someone running away...we have those issues too. :headache::goodvibes

Allergies can develop at anytime, so even at 50 my MIL developed a peanut allergy. Though I don't believe it's very common for older kids and adults to develop allergies. :confused3 I think what it is more than anything is that the allergy was already there, but very mild. It is common for an allergy to worsen at any moment.

What one day causes your eyes to get a bit itchy can, the next, cause anaphylaxis. Which is why we have an epipen for her. Who knows when this could turn even uglier. :scared1:

For instance tonight we put a diaper on her for 1 hour - basically just long enough to make dinner without paying attention. When we put the diaper on, her skin was clear. When we took it off her entire diaper area was a giant red welt. fifteen minutes later she had blotchy hives on her belly and onto her back. HEr eczema flared up causing her elbows knees, wrists and ankles to turn bright red and swell. Just from touching a product containing corn (who'd have thought diapers and wipes contain corn? :confused3) If she ingests corn it looks a lot worse.

But we're lucky b/c we know the cause - it's a lot more tricky when you don't know the cause. So a possible peanut allergy can be very scary - if it is, just avoid them, but what if it was something else? And chocolate? I had no idea that was possible. :confused:

This does add a couple issues to our travel plans. First the only brand of diaper we can find that's actually safe might not be the easiest for traveling. I don't want to deal with laundry at all, but it's a combo cloth disposable diaper (gdiapers) and even though nothing so far has leaked through the inner plastic cover, the inner plastic still needs washing pretty much each use. :laundry: :sick: Not a huge deal, Tinks started potty learning yesterday. Just up and decided it was time to strip and sit on the potty - once yesterday and twice today - as well as twice where she stripped and left a little puddle BESIDE the potty. :thumbsup2 at least she's getting the idea. Swim diapers are another issue, at home we use cloth swim diapers, but while traveling we always used disposables. Not this time it seems.

The allergy check list begins. How will this trip change now that we're faced with both gluten-free and corn-free? Hopefully the magic (and desserts!!) will still be there!

Amazingly enough we actually have the allergist appointment next week (less than 10 business days front eh refer all going out!!:cheer2:) it's a miracle since around here it's typically 6 months minimum wait time to get in - plus we got the Dr we wanted and we know he's awesome!

So as soon as we take little Think for her appointment we'll contact special diets - that way we'll know for sure how many foods we need to avoid! :sad2:

in the meantime we only have a few days until it's time to pay. Things have been really stressful around here - if you recall I mentioned something could prevent us from going to WDW?

That something happens to be a house. Almost 2 years ago we began building our house - no worries there - the problem came when we need sold our first house. So a year ago we moved into the new house - and have been carrying both houses in the meantime. We did attempt a rental for a few months - but $50k later we don't ever want to be landlords again:teacher:

We'd originally said if we couldn't sell the house, we wouldn't take the trip. Even though we could technically afford it - we didn't want that much debt. However we talked to the bank - we wanted a nice clean way to get rid of the house - without ruining our credit - but the bank went nuts threatening us yada yada yada - so now we're looking at possible foreclosure (in Alberta that's not a bad thing!) But If the banks cause the trouble they're threatening before we foreclose, then we won't be taking our 2013 trip after all :scared: - which means we have no choice - we must go this year come hell or high water :rotfl2: We'd already decided we were going, but this just means we won't feel guilty about the 'poor' financial decision we're making. :cool1:

I'm just a bundle of nerves lately and the only solace I have is planning this trip - it cannot get here fast enough!

Whew, sound like a stressful time for you all. Glad you have WDW to take your mind off things. I too have been contemplating downgrading to save some $$$. DH just won't agree to it, but lately I can't sleep!! We want to take 2 trips down next year, and then extra savings from not staying at the Poly would really help. :guilty: I have lost my solid financial mind after experiencing Disney. ;)

Whew, sound like a stressful time for you all. Glad you have WDW to take your mind off things. I too have been contemplating downgrading to save some $$$. DH just won't agree to it, but lately I can't sleep!! We want to take 2 trips down next year, and then extra savings from not staying at the Poly would really help. :guilty: I have lost my solid financial mind after experiencing Disney. ;)

Don't do it! :crazy2: You won't be as happy anywhere else! :good vibes

Hahaha we've talked about it, but there are so many reasons why the Poly is the best place for us - at least this trip. We still use a buggy - a DOUBLE buggy. And lugging that plus 2-3 sleeping kids on and off busses just isn't appealing to me. So this trip will be the Poly and likely next trip as well. After that we'll have to wait and see.

Besides We priced it out and for any rooms that fit us we wouldn't really save that much money - not enough to make it that big of a deal anyhow.

Yes...DH explained to me again this morning why we are not moving from the Poly. And us still using the Double Stroller too is a big reason. To be able to move it on and off the monorail without folding is HUGE!! Especially with any sleeping children in it. You are right there!:thumbsup2

OKay - huge HUGE HUGE weight off my shoulders - the allergist says we likely don't have actual 'allergies' - because the reaction isn't instantaneous. THough he says there's no way to tell what her reactions will turn into - but the more we avoid a food, the more likely an allergy will develop. We've been told to continue testing to see what happens when she's exposed.

Soooooooooo little Tink gets to try a Dole whip, and Mickey Bar while we're down there!!

Oh course we have been advised to carry a good strong antihistamine and an epipen, just in case.

In other news: we're anxiously watching flight prices. Our one desire is they drop in price - enough for me to purchase something else, say a frog from Hoy Poloi. :cool1:

I can't help it. I LOVE me some frogs! And I dislike spending a fortune on flights when I know there was a sale a few weeks ago, a few months ago, and didn't purchase tickets.

Our deadline to pay for the rest of our Disney package is fast approaching. I want our flight details prior to paying the rest, that way I know ME is all set up and ready to go well in advance.

If you had an extra $400 (the difference between last weeks sale and now) to spend at Disney, what would you spend it on?

How about an extra $700 (the difference between flight prices now, and previous trips) what would you buy?

We LOVED MNSSHP as well - and are definitely going again this year - so extra money won't go toward that.

We did find decent flights for $300 less - the times aren't as nice, but still reasonable - so we're debating taking those or continuing to wait - though we can only wait until Friday so :confused3 DH wants to wait, I want the MONEY! :lmao:

The expensive flights leave at 6:10 and arrive at 1530 - then when we Leave MCO we leave at 5:30 and arrive home at 1245 the next day.

The less expensive flight leaves home at 8AM and arrives at 5:30 - same travel time, but we get there a few hours later. We have dinner ADRs for 7:45 at Kona.

When we leave MCO we'd leave at 4:30 and get to our home airport at 11:40PM

so it's a difference of 3 hours at Disney for a difference of $300 - is Disney worth $100/hour?

Waiting paid off! We saved $500+ on our flights. :cool1: We're still paying more than we've ever paid in the past, but it's so much closer that we're okay with it.

The flight times aren't as great as we'd hoped for, and we have 2 - count 'em 2 stop overs on the way home :scared1: but the total travel time is less than the single stop over - :confused3 - plus we get home early enough to be in our beds by midnight :thumbsup2

Over all not too bad. Now we have a little bit extra to spend while we're there - souvenirs? experiences? Food? Wine? Oh the possibilities are endless!!

Monday is our 45 day marker.:lovestruc This weekend I have to contact Disney to give them our flight information so we can ride ME :good vibes so excited!!!

Now things really pick up around here. So many things left to do - and now that our nonrefundable flights have been purchased, there's no turning back!. We have to get Aurora's passport updated, figure out suitcases, clothing (at least it isn't Christmas - and cold - this year).

Wheeeeeeee pixiedust: This is my favourite part of planning - when things start to actually HAPPEN - it's almost time to go!

Wow today's been busy!

We finished paying for our Poly portion of the trip (we don't have to actually pay the rest of the room-only AoA portion until we arrive on the 15th). :love::banana::banana::love:

We bought our MNSSHP tickets:banana::banana:

Added Tinkerbell to our flights (when purchasing through travelocity we either have to pay full price, or add the infant over the phone - after paying for everyone else's flights). :cheer2::cheer2:

Unfortunately I also realized I made a mistake with one of our ADRs - so now I'm scrambling to fix the ressie. Online I can only make ADRs for Jiko for 8 or fewer, but with Tink that meal has 9 ppl. The ADR can only be made by contacting Jiko directly, but they don't have office hours - so now I"m wanting and hoping they understood my e-mail addy when I spoke it over the phone (with 3 kids screaming in the background).

I really hope we manage to get it figured out - I'd be really :( to miss out on this particular ADR.

We've also talked about some of our other plans. We're tentatively thinking of hiring a Disney Photographer to do our family pictures this year - the price we've seen quoted is similar to what we already pay our regular photographer - but the pictures would be at our favourite place. The problem is our Little LIlo doesn't like her picture being taken, unless she knows the photographer - so we're still talking about it and will hopefully have an opportunity to see if we could, even briefly, meet the photographer a day or two before doing the photos. Id hate to hire the photographer, only to have our big girl refuse to be in our family pics.:worried:

Ok, how did I miss you were staying at AOA too? Or did I know and my sad brain just didn't process this info? :lmao: I would love to hear what you are going to think of it, it's on our list for next year....maybe...;)

Good luck with the Jiko reservationpixiedust:

Which halloween party are you going to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter