4 and 6 year old and kttw card

hypnotoad

Earning My Ears
Do you let them wear it around their neck? Should I keep it with me? I expect them to be at the kids clubs by themselves and not be calling me all the time about things, but they are also at an age where they lose track of things if I let it out of my sight.

Do I keep their cards or should they keep it on them?

Do you let them wear it around their neck? Should I keep it with me? I expect them to be at the kids clubs by themselves and not be calling me all the time about things, but they are also at an age where they lose track of things if I let it out of my sight.

Do I keep their cards or should they keep it on them?
I'd keep the cards on me. While they are in the club, they have their bracelets for ID purposes.

FYI: if you have the key cards back to back in a lanyard or wallet the tap to open won’t work.
And when you are getting off and on the ship you will need to tap each card the adult card needs to be tapped first.

We keep our kid's lanyards (age 9 and 4) in the room unless we were getting off the ship. They don't have charging privileges or check out privileges so they have no need for them. When we get on/off the ship they wear them and they scan them.

On our first cruise my youngest was 9. I did not let her carry it ever. It was left in the room unless we left the ship. She did not have self checkout privileges.

What would they need their cards for if they have check out privileges but not charging?

I would say for emergencies. If they have a KTTW card, but for some reason cannot/will not tell CM who their parents are or where their room is, the CM would be able to identify from the KTTW card.

What would they need their cards for if they have check out privileges but not charging?

Primarily for access back into their own stateroom. And back into the club space (though they may be allowed into the Club/Lab without it if unaccompanied by an adult). I believe they need it for access to Edge or Vibe.

Enjoy your cruise!

I would say for emergencies. If they have a KTTW card, but for some reason cannot/will not tell CM who their parents are or where their room is, the CM would be able to identify from the KTTW card.

Wouldn't the CM be able to pull that up from the wristband?

We held DD5's KTTW card for our entire cruise last December. She was never far from us, unless she was in the kids club, and she didn't need anything that would require charging privileges. (But figured out pretty quickly that she could steal away from the pool are to order a "free" hot dog and get some ice cream!)

We repeatedly drilled her on the first day to make sure she knew our stateroom number in case she got lost. No guarantees she'd remember it in an emergency, but she's fairly level-headed and definitely knows her own name, our names, my phone number, and our home address... not that the last two would be any use on a cruise ship!

At four, my grandson didn't wear his key card as we did not have lanyards. At seven, he was given the choice and wore it everywhere except in the pools, playing in the sand and water at Castaway Cay and Pirate Night for pictures (he never lost his but I lost mine).

Our kids enjoyed wearing them when they were little. They did not have check out privilege or charging privileges. If they were with us they could wear them. If the went to the clubs or we got off the ship we kept them. Now they are older and understand their responsibilities, teens, they keep track of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter