4/29/06 Eastern Magic...We're Going!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUMP!
Welcome home Mattern & Medeiros families! I know you had a blast, and we all want to hear about it.

This waiting for the next batch of sail dates is killin' me...

We got a call from Disney and need to book the Party Room now!

Western is May 3, 2008
Eastern is April 26, 2008

We have to book NOW in order to reserve the Official Hospitality Suite of the SteveMed Fan Club. By the way, the Western 5/3 is the LAST caribbean cruise before the repositioning cruise to the west coast, so I think that one might be cool! (Big sale in the Castaway Cay gift shop!) :) And the Pirate wants Pango and Tom to take him on the official Jimmy Buffet tour. He's already picked out the stogies and is training the parrot to sit on his shoulder and not poop. If it doesn't learn soon, it will be stuffed. AAARRRRR!

So, it's decision time! Let us know asap.
Suzie, I don't think 16months is too young to do a cruise. We'll take turns with your little ones!

The Roses
pirate: :coffee:

IF we are able to go, I vote for the western only because the eastern and that d*mn 6 am customs crap sucks! We're in serious negotiations and waiting on a new client. Can't talk about it more here. Just wish us luck and quickly!

Bump
Wow, page 3 , thought I give you a little push back to page 1 :)
I see you are all in the planning stage for your next cruise venture. We wish you well and hope you all have a wonderful trip. I know if I make plans for the April or May cruise I would be seeing the divorce papers.

We are making national news here in Oswego NY. Schools have been closed for 3 days and we now have 4 feet of snow. I'm afraid to let the girls venture as the fear of never seeing them again has set in :eek: . If they were only a few inches taller.

Take care, we will peek in from time to time.

Glad you had a nice trip Suzie.

20060214_elephants.jpg

:wave: Happy Early Valentine's Day Everyone!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Good to see you here, Shyla! Wondered what happened to you! Hope all is well with the new job. Drop a line when you have time!

We are sitting here under half a foot of white stuff in PA today! Our first snowstorm of the season. At least now the skiing is good!

Suzie, that is the most precious picture of your girls! Glad you had a great trip. Now Steve needs to check in so we can hear about his family vacation.

Lots of ice here and the airports were closed last night...I think Dulles is still closed....FedEx is not even working today!!! Only a few inches of snow but lots of sleet last night. The roads are being plowed but not ours. The snow melted a bit today but it's supposed to be in the teens tonight so that makes for treacherous roads tomorrow....so NO SCHOOL again!! Tori really doesn't like this and "wants to be in Ms. Bobbie's class, please!". She misses school but I know that will change in years to come....LOL!!! Just glad we don't live in upstate NY!!!! Whew! Hey, isn't that where OhSo lives????? 12 feet and still coming is what I've heard...yuck!

Steve, come out, come out where ever you are!!!

I have to resize my pics but I'll post some in the next few days. Busy keeping the Elder Miss busy with things and not begging me to go outside. I just wish it wasn't so darn cold....

Hey guys! :wave:

Sorry to drop away for so long. New job is very, very cool. I love it. I am not in front of a computer all day long anymore.

So when we going again?

I have October 2007 booked right now as a place marker. I don't think I can go in April or May, but maybe. We are going to WDW in December this year. That will be a first for me. I usually go in April or May.

I think we are going to move the ressie to the September 2008 5 night cruise. It's a double dip also.

Barb - I gave it up. I was too insane and it was affecting a lot of things in my life. We'll chat.

Pirates - Here's an article from the Boston Globe on man caves:
http://www.boston.com/realestate/articles/2007/02/04/to_the_man_cave/

I'll try and stop by more often. :wave: :thumbsup2

Castlegazer, it's so great to hear from you. :banana: I was starting to worry about you. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job. Have things slowed down a bit yet or are you still working long hours? The nice part is that you don't have the long commute though.

Take care and drop me note when you get a chance. :hug:

Barb

Hi Guys,

Hope everything is going well for all of you.

Suzie...How was the rest of your trip?

Castlegazer...good to see you back in the saddle.

Did everyone see the good news...Disney is getting two new ships.:banana:

I'll talk to you guys soon.Take care everyone.

Steve, we had a great trip! How's Shannon doing now? Hope all is well.

TRying to dig out of the snow now....sorry, Ameera is ghgelping me type....

Just a few pics

DisneyPhotoImage129.jpg

First day at MK!

DisneyPhotoImage101.jpg

Ameera and Eeyore meet at last and yes, he is soft!

DisneyPhotoImage47.jpg

Tori meets up with her hero Kim Possible!!

DisneyPhotoImage4.jpg

Our last night at MK with our best friends from Palm Harbor, FL....never done a night time pic before - WOW!

Gotta feed little one! Started on rice cereal yesterday and loved it! Round two today....

Stay warm everyone!! Hard to believe March is right around the corner...

Hey, Tom! What's the stats for today last year???

We book'd the October 27th 2008 special Costa Maya Double Dip cruise! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Halloween on the ship! :scared1: :donald: :dumbo: :eeyore: :goofy: :earseek:

So no one answered...when is everyone going again?

Thought I'd move us back towards the top!

Shyla, I wish I knew when we were going cruising again - going to WDW in August this year. It is so hard[B to take the kids out of school anymore, especially with one in high school. Also thinking about college tuition coming up in a few years...yikes! WDW doesn't hit us in the pocketbook too bad since we're in DVC, but looking at cruise prices over the summer and school holidays really has some sticker shock! Congrats on your new job. I'm actually finding myself with alot of time on my hands and may possibly be interested doing a Disney thing like you were for awhile. If you have any input on that - let me know! I am forever helping everyone plan their Disney trips and would love to start a business involving that but really have no idea how to begin!

Susie, loved your Disney pics, especially the one with you and Ed and the girls, and your nighttime pic. Glad you had a great time. I can't believe I've already had to make my ADR's for the August trip!

Hope everyone is doing well out there. Last year this time we were really all psyched up for the trip!

Lisa

Shyla - Congrats on the cruise! What a cool way to spend Halloween! You've asked when everyone is cruising, it is the May 3rd Western.

Don't think we'll be able to make it. Two in high school and one in junior high. Too hard to take out of school. I'm really working towards a trip out to Disneyland. We are limited to the end of August, or a week starting Dec 27 because I have a couple of surgeries scheduled for this spring and summer and don't think I'll be doing too much walking then.

It's our 20th anniversary this June and since we renewed our vows at our 15th in WDW, I thought we could celebrate the 20th at Disneyland and surrounding area. We'll see if it works out.

I know I always seem to mention the weather, but it's a major issue up here all winter, so of course I'll put in a bit about it now! :rolleyes1 We had that horrible snowstorm hit us last week, just like most of North America. The kids had Thurs & Fri off of school (8th snow day this year). I've waited months for an MRI, so I had to keep my appointment on Friday. The drive is normally about 2 1/2 hours, but with the snow and road conditions, it took longer. Good thing I left early. Good news is that the weather has warmed up completely, and we have had above freezing all this week. We are hosting a sledding party this weekend for everyone who works for the only power company up here (where Len works) within about a 100 mile radius. Did I mention that on our land is the local tobaggan hill? I don't know what I'll do with everyone though if the snow keeps melting the way it is. Imagine all those kids in the sloppy wet snow. My house is still under major construction, and it certainly isn't big enough for all of those people. Not that I'm asking for the cold temps. again, just maybe hold the snow for a couple more days! :confused3

This proves that I should come on here more often, then I wouldn't be writing a novel when I do get on. Take care everyone and have a Disney Day! :hug:

Just a quick note......came across this pic and had to post it! What a great time!!!

DSC00163.jpg

Suzie - you are the best! Did we have a great time or what! Can't believe it's almost a year ago!

When are we going?

We are booked on the May 3, 2008, but I don't see that anyone else is going with us! (Was it something we said? :) ) But it looks like Shyla is going on the Oct 25, 2008 double dip, so we are thinking that maybe we should go then. Not that we are stalkers :goodvibes , but we just had so much fun last time getting to know all of you. So...we gotta change our reservation soon. When are the rest of you going?

The Clock's tickin'.....:hourglass

So? What's it gonna be? (Insert the soundtrack from Meatloaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Lights here). What's it gonna be, boy?

The Roses
The Official Hospitality Suite of the SteveMed Fan Club

pirate: :surfweb:

Sue and Jon, and everyone else,

i haven't been on the boards in forever, so I check in this morning to find your post and I feel sort of bad, so for that I am sorry. Our group sort of fell apart, we had originally planned on going that first week of May, and then when the prices came out (they went from $3800 to $6400 for our family for the same cruise), the excuses started flying. We really shouldn't pull the kids out of school, we will be traveling for soccer, we will just be getting back from Spring Break, and so on, and that was just me!!!

All in all it came down to price for us, and I should have come on here much sooner and let all ya all know, that we had to back out. I have been checking and for that kind of price, we can take the kids to a family all inclusive for almost two weeks, or take back to back Royal Carib cruises. I know it won't be the same, and I called Disney to express my displeasure with the prices, but as they said to me "Disney cruises are not for everyone", by the way that person might have ended up in a little trouble, because I demanded to speak to their supervisor and ask what the heck they meant by that. But to no avail, my sales skills failed me, and the price stuck, are friends at home agreed, so to make a long story even longer, we are out, we had a great time and will miss everyone, so thanks for the memories and hopefully some day there will be more.

We will be at the bar again this year (FishLips) watching the Magic leave on March 31st, before we head down to Disneys Vero Beach Resort for Spring Break.

Hope all is well and I will check in again, sorry again for getting everyone stirred up and ready to go in May of 08 and then backing out.

Tompirate:

Grr...composed a huge 'quick reply' and decided to 'go advanced' but didn't copy my text first and it's gone! Rather than re-do it all let me just say,

Hello to everyone! Suzie love the pic, love the memories even more. Tom & Julie say it isn't so! CG welcome back! Halloween Double dip? Sounds fabulous! Roses, I'm on the 5/3 but I'd be happy to postpone. Lisa, can't take DS out of school either...Trip planning...if only there was a way to make $$ doing what you love...Barb--DLR for your 20th? Super--We've got to talk! :) Hello to Stevemed!

So that leaves us, The Roses, and CG cruising in 2008? Suzie...?

Gotta get back to work here for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter