3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 11/21!*

So sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time! Happy to hear about your hubby's job! Will keep you in my prayers! Xxoo

Thank you for your kind words :) I am hoping that this was just the start of good things for us. I'm also going to start posting some more in this PTR, even if we don't have any set dates yet.

I'm sorry things have been dark. :( I understand needing to take a break from Facebook and other online distractions.

I'm glad things are looking a little better and you are back to posting and reading again!

Thank you :) Sometimes I just need a break, but it is time for healthier choices right now and Disney has always been a wonderful part of my life, so why not start there?!

Hi Krysten :goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear things have been so difficult for you lately. But it sounds like you have a positive attitude. And Disney trip planning is always a good cure for sadness! :hug:

I look forward to following along as your plans unfold.

:welcome: and thank you. I'm trying to stay positive, and it can be tough but I will be better because of it in the end. I love to plan things, so I just need to plan the heck out of this trip! I am enjoying your report as well, I told my mom how excited I was to be reading a report that has a dog going to Disney in it :rotfl:

Hi all! I hope that there are still people out there who might be interested in this report!

I was in a really dark place for a while and had to take a bit of a break from the boards. It seemed like we just kept getting bad news after bad news and planning a trip seemed very impossible. I had a bit of a health scare (things are fine though, thankfully), I'm still looking for a job, and things have been tough on the baby front. We did just get some good news about DH's job though that will make a definite difference in our lives.

I have been making a conscious effort to pull myself out of that bad place. I am trying to focus only on my life and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I am staying off of Facebook, and it feels really good. Every day isn't going to be a good one, but life is too short to be feeling that way, so I'm trying to focus on positive things that make me happy (e.g., DISNEY!!)

So while this trip is still not officially booked or anything, I am going to keep planning, because we will get there one day soon.

I hope that everything is well for all of you and your families!

:grouphug:

I'm sorry things have taken you to a bad place, but I admire that you are trying to proactively make yourself more positive. I've had depression issues off and on. I'm currently on Zoloft for it. I have also found taking vitamin D really helps! I stopped taking it for a while about 6 months ago and within a month I could feel a difference in my mood. Not sure if you take any medicines, but you might want to try some Vitamin D!!

Hopefully spring/summer coming up will help, too. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year. I love when the trees turn green and the flowers grow. :)

Hoping things get better for you quickly!

I'm sorry things have taken you to a bad place, but I admire that you are trying to proactively make yourself more positive. I've had depression issues off and on. I'm currently on Zoloft for it. I have also found taking vitamin D really helps! I stopped taking it for a while about 6 months ago and within a month I could feel a difference in my mood. Not sure if you take any medicines, but you might want to try some Vitamin D!!

Hopefully spring/summer coming up will help, too. I love spring, it's my favorite time of year. I love when the trees turn green and the flowers grow. :)

Hoping things get better for you quickly!

Thank you for the kind words. I've been dealing with anxiety and depression issues for most of my life. I've been on and off of medications and in and out of therapy. I need to make some changes to get myself away from that lifestyle. I actually just recently heard about how great Vitamin D is for that, it is nice to hear a first-hand opinion. I might have to give it a try!

I also love when spring comes, everything is so much more colourful and fresh!

:welcome: and thank you. I'm trying to stay positive, and it can be tough but I will be better because of it in the end. I love to plan things, so I just need to plan the heck out of this trip! I am enjoying your report as well, I told my mom how excited I was to be reading a report that has a dog going to Disney in it :rotfl:

Awww. I'm glad. :) More to come on the kennel soon. :thumbsup2

Hello all! I am working on writing a few actual planning updates, but I've got to turn in my last essay of the semester tonight so I probably won't get to those for another day or two. For now, I will just post a quick update… maybe as a way to procrastinate from finishing my essay?

In case anyone is interested and hasn't seen yet, I put some reviews up in my December 2012 TR (Link is in my signature). I find reviews to be helpful so I thought that I would pass mine along.

I also wanted to post some of my souvenirs from that trip (I have a problem with Disney Retail Therapy :rotfl:)

We rarely use our snacks while we are actually in WDW, so we end up with a bunch at the end of our trip. Here are a few that I brought home…

IMG_0655_zpse5379404.jpg

And here are a couple of the things that I bought just for me! I am collecting this kitchen collection, so I bought a couple of the pieces that I don't already have, and a fantastic GF tumbler.

IMG_0654_zps96f45e54.jpg

I also bought a set of Victorian Christmas tree ornaments (the box of 3), a minnie mouse shirt (that I am wearing in some of the pictures), a few Christmas gifts (a mug for my brother, a sweater for DH, a necklace for my mom), and my mom and grandma bought me a couple of Christmas gifts.

Anyway, no real point to this update other than talking about WDW, but I guess I have a good audience for that, right??! :rotfl2:

Love your Disney kitchen items. :goodvibes We have one Disney ornament, but I was tempted to buy more on this trip.

I'm am truly sorry that you've been having a rough time....:hug:

It can be really awful to feel like that and I hope that you're able to feel more like "yourself" soon...

(Vitamin D is good but actually so is a little bit of sunshine... something about your eyes registering the light... it really does help...) You also need to make sure you're taking care of yourself-eating well, exercise, sleeping enough... not too little or too much... and making sure you have a good support network when you need to talk...

Try not to compare to other people... you just need to focus on you :goodvibes

Love your Disney kitchen items. :goodvibes We have one Disney ornament, but I was tempted to buy more on this trip.

Thanks! It is so hard not to buy a bunch, isn't it? We've been slowly accumulating tree ornaments over the years. Our tree at this point is really quite random because we don't have enough of anything to fill an entire tree, but I hope that one day it will be a little more cohesive!

I'm am truly sorry that you've been having a rough time....:hug:

It can be really awful to feel like that and I hope that you're able to feel more like "yourself" soon...

(Vitamin D is good but actually so is a little bit of sunshine... something about your eyes registering the light... it really does help...) You also need to make sure you're taking care of yourself-eating well, exercise, sleeping enough... not too little or too much... and making sure you have a good support network when you need to talk...

Try not to compare to other people... you just need to focus on you :goodvibes

Thank you for your kind words :flower3: I am really doing quite a bit better. I've been dealing with this long enough to know that it isn't going to be this easy forever, but it is a step in the right direction. I'm ready for this PTR to have a much more positive tone!

About the vitamin D, my grandfather is always going outside and telling us all about vitamin D - I think of him any time I hear it lol

Good afternoon lovely disers!

Things are really starting to look up for DH and I, so I am really getting the need to do some planning! We don't have any clue about dates yet, starting new jobs means waiting for vacations, but we will get there!

Because I feel the need to plan, and don't have anything solid that I can do, I'm going to just post some really random things. I am sorry if it is boring to anyone, but it will help me to feel like I'm doing something :)

Originally, I posted 3 possible trip options - DL, WDW + Cruise, and Aulani. I still really am interested in all three of these options, but I feel like WDW + Cruise is still the front runner for this trip. Depending on how long we have until we can get vacation days (and thus, how much we can save) this could change. But for now, I'm guessing it will be WDW. I may throw in some information on DL and Aulani if I come across it because it will be important for me at some point!

Right now, I am also still putting WL high on my list of resort choices. But again, depending on when we go, what we can save, what kind of promotions we might be able to get, our resort could change.

Because I like lists… here is a WDW resort list with some of me thrown in! Resorts in this colour are ones that I haven't stayed at before. Resorts in this colour are ones that I've visited before. As a side note: my brother and I would like to one day have stayed in each of the resorts.

All-Star Movies
All-Star Music
All-Star Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2011, LOVED it
Art of Animation
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Caribbean Beach
Contemporary
Coronado Springs
Dolphin
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Fort Wilderness Campground
Grand Floridian - Honeymooned here, my favourite
Old Key West
Polynesian - I was young when I stayed here, so I want to go again as an adult
Pop Century
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Saratoga Springs Resort
Swan
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

So I still have quite a few resorts to visit! And it is so hard to choose because there are so many!

My short list for this trip includes:
- Wilderness Lodge - New for DH and I. DH loves the outdoors. Close to MK.
- Yacht/Beach Club - Beautiful, new for DH and I. I've heard they are quiet.
- Contemporary - New for DH and I. WDW classic resort. Close to MK.
- Polynesian - DH wants to stay here, and it has been a while for me. Monorail resort! It is just expensive so we would need more time to save.
- Boardwalk - New for DH and I. Night life on the boardwalk. Beautiful.

I am pretty sure that I have become a deluxe snob. I really like the values, but I am in love with so many of the deluxes. They just really take it to a whole new level.

And the other update for today is going to be the start of a series of updates on the things that I plan on doing on our trip.

Let's start with the Magic Kingdom. This is my favourite park. I usually spend more than 1 day here during any given trip.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
DSCN0579_zps5357488d.jpg

If we decide to do a December trip, MVMCP is a MUST do. DH has never done this party, and I really loved it last year. The atmosphere, the crowds, it is all wonderful.

Fireworks
DSCN0461_zps8c5d90b1.jpg

There is nothing like a WDW fireworks show! DH and I sat outside at the GF almost every night on our honeymoon and watched the fireworks - it was so nice. And then I got home and was sad that there wasn't a fireworks show every night :rotfl:

Be Our Guest Restaurant
IMG_1285_zpsecd331c2.jpg

If nothing else, a quick lunch here would be great. I love how beautiful this restaurant is, and I was really disappointed with my pictures from December, so I need to get back in there with a real camera and get some good photos.

Haunted Mansion
IMG_1291_zps008a5a18.jpg

A WDW classic. One of my favourites!

Take Pictures of Main Street USA
DSCN0238_zps25c10443.jpg

I love Main Street (I am being very repetitive, I love everything lol). I have been working on taking new pictures on every one of my trips, but there are so many shots around Main Street that I still want to take.

New Fantasyland!
DSCN0153_zps58db198c.jpg

Explore and take many more pictures! When I get back, I am sure that the expansion will be complete!

Castle Pictures
DSCN0111_zps0b428a61.jpg

This is a trip requirement. I need to take a whole bunch of castle pictures or my trip will not be complete.

WDW Railroad
DSCN0096_zps549d7532.jpg

I haven't ridden the train in a few trips, and DH has never been on it, so this is something that we should make sure to squeeze in!

Watch a Parade
DSC04847.jpg

Just because.

Other things:
- Get a snack or a drink and just sit for a while
- The Tiki Room, Pirates, Tom Sawyer Island, The Mountains, Liberty Belle, ride all of the Fantasyland rides, and CoP
- Take new pictures
- Enjoy our time there!

DH found that on previous trips, he didn't like the pressure of having to be certain places at certain times. But my last couple of trips (without him!) have been much more relaxed, so I think that I am getting better at making a touring plan that will work with that. There are many things that I would like to do, but if I don't get to them all, I don't stress. I know that I have done most of these things many times before and I will get the opportunity to do them again, so I try to focus on enjoying myself while I'm there.

Isn't planning and dreaming fun? :goodvibes

The first couple of trips we took to WDW were kind of militant style. I had a plan and we ran to each stop (well, not exactly but close -- I'm a fast walker). Now that we've done most everything, it's a much more relaxed feeling when we're there. We still make a plan for opening and hit the most popular stuff first. But then we kind of go with the flow. I particularly like my solo race trips over marathon weekend as I have no plans for those.

Your plans look great! I can feel your pain on picking a resort. I think I've changed my mind a thousand times for my October trip. As of right now we are booked at Pop Century but that may change if they offer free dining.

I always make a list of stuff I want to do each trip but rarely get it all in. That's ok by me because it gives me something to look forward to on the next trip!

Isn't planning and dreaming fun? :goodvibes

The first couple of trips we took to WDW were kind of militant style. I had a plan and we ran to each stop (well, not exactly but close -- I'm a fast walker). Now that we've done most everything, it's a much more relaxed feeling when we're there. We still make a plan for opening and hit the most popular stuff first. But then we kind of go with the flow. I particularly like my solo race trips over marathon weekend as I have no plans for those.

It is fun! I am trying to think of ways to make this PTR more interesting to read though, considering I have no concrete plans right now. My early trips to the world were similar to yours, we went from morning to night and didn't stop. I like our style now a lot more!

Your plans look great! I can feel your pain on picking a resort. I think I've changed my mind a thousand times for my October trip. As of right now we are booked at Pop Century but that may change if they offer free dining.

I always make a list of stuff I want to do each trip but rarely get it all in. That's ok by me because it gives me something to look forward to on the next trip!

There are just too many resorts to choose from! Pop Century is so nice, and I love the Disney fun feel that it has to it. I do the same thing as you and make those lists. I always manage to do something new on each trip, so I still feel somewhat successful :rotfl:

All caught up!

Your plans sound great! I also absolutely LOVE Haunted Mansion. It's one of my absolute favorites! I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island. We went to do it on our honeymoon but they had already closed it down for the night... DH was depressed... So, that's a definite must do on our next trip.

Your pictures of MK are beautiful! The castle with the lights... the fireworks... :cloud9:

As for resorts, I always have a hard time with that too. We were going to stay at WL for our December trip but we ended up choosing the Poly. WL is GORGEOUS at Christmas.

All caught up!

Your plans sound great! I also absolutely LOVE Haunted Mansion. It's one of my absolute favorites! I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island. We went to do it on our honeymoon but they had already closed it down for the night... DH was depressed... So, that's a definite must do on our next trip.

Your pictures of MK are beautiful! The castle with the lights... the fireworks... :cloud9:

As for resorts, I always have a hard time with that too. We were going to stay at WL for our December trip but we ended up choosing the Poly. WL is GORGEOUS at Christmas.

Aw thank you :goodvibes I haven't done Tom Sawyer's Island in so long, and DH has never done it, but I think he would enjoy it. I will probably wait until we have actual dates to choose a resort, but there have been a lot of great deals on WL lately, and it is beautiful at Christmas, so it is definitely at the top!

Good morning all! In the interest of keeping this thing going, and in a positive direction, I'm going to put down some Epcot plans today!

I have really gained more respect for Epcot as I've gotten to know it more (even though MK will always be my favourite park, shhhh…..). I also seem to find and learn new things about Epcot every time I read a TR, so there is a bunch of new territory here!

Future World

The New Test Track
We haven't been there since Test Track has re-opened, so we must go to check it out! DH works in autobody and loves cars, so I think that he will enjoy building his own car to test!

Imagination Pavilion

Figment will always have a special place in my heart, so I always make sure to stop here!

Living with the Land

This is a really awful picture (so I need to get a better one!) but in 2011 it was my first time doing this ride at night, and it was so cool! I am a big nerd and really love this ride, so we will probably sneak in a day ride and a night ride!

World Showcase

Explore, explore, explore! There are so many elements to the WS that I seem to find new things all of the time. I love that we can take as slow of a pace as we would like and just enjoy!

Grey Goose Slush! (or some other yummy drink)

(Photo credit - disneyfoodblog)
These always look so delicious, so I think that it is about time that I try one! On our honeymoon we each got a drink in Germany and just took our time with it, and it was really nice so I want to do this again.

Illuminations

And of course, a trip to Epcot wouldn't be complete without watching illuminations! As you can see by this very random photo, I also don't seem to have many good shots of this show, so another photo-op added to my list!

So as you can see, there is a bit of a pattern forming here. This will be an adults only trip (and hopefully our last one like that) so we aren't in any rush to do anything specific. We just want to take our time, enjoy ourselves and do what we feel like doing in the moment.

World Showcase has so much to explore! I don't think I'll ever see it all (and I've been there 6 times.)

I had a grand marnier slushy when I was there last time and it was really good!

Aw thank you :goodvibes I haven't done Tom Sawyer's Island in so long, and DH has never done it, but I think he would enjoy it. I will probably wait until we have actual dates to choose a resort, but there have been a lot of great deals on WL lately, and it is beautiful at Christmas, so it is definitely at the top!

I have never done Tom Sawyer's Island and I've done everything at Disney it seems! It's definitely a must-do on our trip as well. No matter where you end up, you'll love it. I mean, you'll be at Disney, am I right?! :cool1: :cheer2: pixiedust:

I have really gained more respect for Epcot as I've gotten to know it more (even though MK will always be my favourite park, shhhh…..). I also seem to find and learn new things about Epcot every time I read a TR, so there is a bunch of new territory here!

Future World

The New Test Track
We haven't been there since Test Track has re-opened, so we must go to check it out! DH works in autobody and loves cars, so I think that he will enjoy building his own car to test!

Imagination Pavilion
Figment will always have a special place in my heart, so I always make sure to stop here!

Living with the Land
This is a really awful picture (so I need to get a better one!) but in 2011 it was my first time doing this ride at night, and it was so cool! I am a big nerd and really love this ride, so we will probably sneak in a day ride and a night ride!

World Showcase

Explore, explore, explore! There are so many elements to the WS that I seem to find new things all of the time. I love that we can take as slow of a pace as we would like and just enjoy!

Grey Goose Slush! (or some other yummy drink)
These always look so delicious, so I think that it is about time that I try one! On our honeymoon we each got a drink in Germany and just took our time with it, and it was really nice so I want to do this again.

Illuminations
And of course, a trip to Epcot wouldn't be complete without watching illuminations! As you can see by this very random photo, I also don't seem to have many good shots of this show, so another photo-op added to my list!

So as you can see, there is a bit of a pattern forming here. This will be an adults only trip (and hopefully our last one like that) so we aren't in any rush to do anything specific. We just want to take our time, enjoy ourselves and do what we feel like doing in the moment.

Okay, love the things you brought up about Epcot. I've never had an adult beverage at Epcot and I'm thinking I may have to change that. Ever TR I read it seems everyone loves the drinks they have there. I'm not a huge drinker, meaning I rarely ever drink, but if it's at Disney I'm sure I can make an exception. :rotfl2:

I LOVE Figment. I actually took DH on the Figment ride on our honeymoon and he was not pleased... I think he wanted to strangle me, but it made me laugh uncontrollably and that's what Disney is all about!

I don't think I've ridden the Land at night, but it's one of my favorites too! I'm at work and out work computers don't let the pictures show up so I'll have to look when I get home!

I sure hope the new Test Track is better than the reviews I've heard. I really enjoy Test Track.

Illuminations makes me emotional, very similar to Wishes. I don't know... Something that can bring the world together just always makes me emotional.

Hi all! I hope that there are still people out there who might be interested in this report!

I was in a really dark place for a while and had to take a bit of a break from the boards. It seemed like we just kept getting bad news after bad news and planning a trip seemed very impossible. I had a bit of a health scare (things are fine though, thankfully), I'm still looking for a job, and things have been tough on the baby front. We did just get some good news about DH's job though that will make a definite difference in our lives.

I have been making a conscious effort to pull myself out of that bad place. I am trying to focus only on my life and be thankful for the blessings that I do have. I am staying off of Facebook, and it feels really good. Every day isn't going to be a good one, but life is too short to be feeling that way, so I'm trying to focus on positive things that make me happy (e.g., DISNEY!!)

So while this trip is still not officially booked or anything, I am going to keep planning, because we will get there one day soon.

Oh I am so sorry. It can be so hard to find light when you are going through all of that. I too lost a baby, many many years ago and have been laid off twice in the last 5 years so I can relate.

I am so happy to hear that there has been some good news, I know for me sometimes planning that next trip is all that gets me through.

Good afternoon lovely disers!

Things are really starting to look up for DH and I, so I am really getting the need to do some planning! We don't have any clue about dates yet, starting new jobs means waiting for vacations, but we will get there!

Because I feel the need to plan, and don't have anything solid that I can do, I'm going to just post some really random things. I am sorry if it is boring to anyone, but it will help me to feel like I'm doing something :)

Originally, I posted 3 possible trip options - DL, WDW + Cruise, and Aulani. I still really am interested in all three of these options, but I feel like WDW + Cruise is still the front runner for this trip. Depending on how long we have until we can get vacation days (and thus, how much we can save) this could change. But for now, I'm guessing it will be WDW. I may throw in some information on DL and Aulani if I come across it because it will be important for me at some point!

Right now, I am also still putting WL high on my list of resort choices. But again, depending on when we go, what we can save, what kind of promotions we might be able to get, our resort could change.

My short list for this trip includes:
- Wilderness Lodge - New for DH and I. DH loves the outdoors. Close to MK.
- Yacht/Beach Club - Beautiful, new for DH and I. I've heard they are quiet.
- Contemporary - New for DH and I. WDW classic resort. Close to MK.
- Polynesian - DH wants to stay here, and it has been a while for me. Monorail resort! It is just expensive so we would need more time to save.
- Boardwalk - New for DH and I. Night life on the boardwalk. Beautiful.

I am pretty sure that I have become a deluxe snob. I really like the values, but I am in love with so many of the deluxes. They just really take it to a whole new level.

It is hard to "go back" once you've stayed in a deluxe. My experience is that YC was much quieter than BC but both are lovely. The whole Epcot area is so much fun to stay in but WL could be very very romantic!

Loving the park thoughts and updates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter