Thanks for the detailed report and great pictures. :sunny: Looking forward to more! ::yes::

MizDisney513 ~ I probably won't get to Mixology until tomorrow but it was so much fun!

LeahJH ~ That is so sweet of you to say, I really appreciate that. I actually am very critical of pictures of myself since gaining a significant amount of weight over the last few years so that really made me feel good. Thank you. :lovestruc

Just joining in! We sailed the Eastern 7 night last summer and are sailing the 7 night western next summer.
We got our State room assignment and it's 7192.....
Sound Familiar?

Can't wait to read more!

Just joining in! We sailed the Eastern 7 night last summer and are sailing the 7 night western next summer.
We got our State room assignment and it's 7192.....
Sound Familiar?

Can't wait to read more!

How awesome is that, that you will be in 7192 also! :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures of the room!

Cruise 2013 327 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 442 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 443 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 447 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 445 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 437 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 435 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 441 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 439 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 438 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 723 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 366 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 367 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 446 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For anyone who hasn't been on a Disney ship yet, we were so impressed with our room! It had plenty of space for the two of us and so much storage room. There were drawers in the desk and on the outside corner of the closet where the little "bar" area is. Two closets with a lot of room, a ton of hangers and several shelves in each one. The ottoman also lifted up and you could put things inside it, we used it for our shoes. Suitcases fit underneath the bed which kept the room free of clutter. Our biggest suitcase is REALLY big and it barely fit under there, so I think most suitcases shouldn't have much trouble. Oh and a tip about all those hangers, if you don't have enough clothes to fill them all, take them down, or I saw someone on the boards drape a towel through them to keep them from moving around. I have extreme noise sensitivity and the way the ship was moving the hangers were driving me bonkers rattling around. I just took them down and sat them in the bottom of the closet, that worked for me.

I didn't sit on the sofa often because I felt the vibrations more when sitting on it and it really annoyed me, it was comfortable enough when I did sit on it though. We also had Vivek turn down the sofa bed a couple of nights because we both have sleep issues and wanted somewhere to go if we needed to. I tried to sleep on it one night and found it to be pretty uncomfortable as a bed. I sleep on a 5" thick pillow top at home though, so I like a really soft bed. The regular bed was fine, still a little firmer than I'm used to, but not bad by any means. I loved that the pillows were full sized and so fluffy. I'm so not a fan of the hard, tiny pillows so many hotels seem to be using these days.

There is a privacy curtain between the "bedroom" and the "sitting area" also, so if one of you is an early riser (like me) you can pull it closed and go out on the verandah or turn the lights on in the other section to read, get ready, or whatever without disturbing the other person.

The split bathrooms were great. It took me exactly 3 times of nearly falling on my face and breaking my toes to remember to step up when entering the bathrooms. It's even posted on the wall outside of them to watch your step. The wall of the bathtub is a lot higher than I'm used to also. I'm not a super short person, but I have super short legs, so I really felt like I was climbing into the tub! It also took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the shower on... :sad2:

You already know that we adored our verandah!

I had worried that the room wouldn't be cool enough for me, I usually turn our air down to the 60's at night and sleep with a fan too...but it actually was pretty comfortable most of the time, I just didn't get to burrow under the comforter like I do at home.

Oh and a little trick for keeping your lights on and your air running without having to worry about using your room keys or bringing another card from home....

Cruise 2013 1589 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We came back to the room when Vivek was straightening up one afternoon and saw that was how he turned the lights on when he was in there.

I think that's everything about the room but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

By the time we go on the cruise next summer we will be going on our 5th Disney cruise! I can't tell you how many times my toes have been stubbed coming in and especially out of those bathrooms!!!

Thanks for the pictures! I can see a few differences in that stateroom and the some of ours in the past. The verandah is much deeper, we have always been midship, but are excited to try this area.
I have read reviews of people that love and others that hate being aft. Did you notice vibrations? Some have said that they couldn't sleep at all in those cabins and others are dying to get them again....

"The other appetizer we shared was the Serrano Ham with Tomato Bread and Marinated Olives. I ate about 10 pounds of Italian meats, olives and cheese this week I'm sure!"

Oh, I would be right there with you ... with a cold glass of chardonney:rotfl::rotfl: Love it!

Fantastic trip report! I'm enjoying it! :thumbsup2

I have read reviews of people that love and others that hate being aft. Did you notice vibrations? Some have said that they couldn't sleep at all in those cabins and others are dying to get them again....

The only time I felt vibrations, and they were slight vibrations at that, was when I was sitting on the sofa or if I was sitting back against the headboard in bed. It bothered me so I just didn't do those things anymore. I never felt it when sitting in the desk chair or just laying in bed. When I was laying in bed all I felt was the ship movement, no vibrations. Brian wasn't fazed by any of it. I know some people have complained about the vibrations when docking too, but I didn't think it was bad. I was always out on the verandah and the railing definitely vibrated but it wasn't like teeth rattling or anything. The one morning I was still in bed was when we docked back at Port Canaveral and I slept right through it (and I'm a very light sleeper). So that was our experience with it. I wouldn't hesitate to book an aft room again.

PizzieDuster - Fantastic trip report! I'm enjoying it!

Thanks PizzieDuster! I'd snack with you any day! :joker:

Thanks so much, The Lorax! I've been meaning to look it up since we've been home and haven't gotten around to it. I appreciate the information! :goodvibes

Hey Princess Michelle:

We were on this cruise too and I'm loving reliving it through your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Had to laugh about "not being able to figure out how to turn on the shower". Funny thing was, it took longer to figure out on our second cruise than the first - with me swearing the whole time - "BUT I DID IT LAST CRUISE!" Now there's no problem. It did take another cruise or two before I remembered to step up/down during bathroom visits, but that's second nature now too.

Looking forward to hearing how you made out during the last couple of days. We were really rocking and rolling!

I'm in love your trip report ( 58 days to wdw &DCL fantasy ) so I love neven more your TR
Love the idea for the light ( near the door ) in quite a few cruises never tought of that :)
Cannot wait for the rest

Hey Princess Michelle:

We were on this cruise too and I'm loving reliving it through your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Had to laugh about "not being able to figure out how to turn on the shower". Funny thing was, it took longer to figure out on our second cruise than the first - with me swearing the whole time - "BUT I DID IT LAST CRUISE!" Now there's no problem. It did take another cruise or two before I remembered to step up/down during bathroom visits, but that's second nature now too.

Looking forward to hearing how you made out during the last couple of days. We were really rocking and rolling!

Hi there John! :wave2:

I'm glad you're enjoying reliving the cruise with me. It really was fantastic, and yes, that ship was swaying like crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter