$320 a POINT for VGC ?

We paid $190 a point for our 160pt contract in November 2019 and I have to say recently as we have been looking for BCV contracts I have been a little tempted to list ours, but I want to stay there and I don't really want to give it up. LOL It's insane and I am glad we bought in when we did, even when we thought it was a lot to pay!

Looks like this listing is showing as active again. That deal must’ve fallen through.

Candidly, VGC is simply a seller's market. If you want to buy at VGC, there are currently only two contracts available. Period.

With Disney selling at $310 but not having any points to sell, I'm not sure why anyone lists on the resale market below $310. It's expensive, but if you want in, that seems to be the current price point.

Candidly, VGC is simply a seller's market. If you want to buy at VGC, there are currently only two contracts available. Period.

With Disney selling at $310 but not having any points to sell, I'm not sure why anyone lists on the resale market below $310. It's expensive, but if you want in, that seems to be the current price point.
Completely agree. It is the one true sold out resort. If I were selling at this time, I would list it at or above direct prices. I mean, why wouldn’t you? Unless Disney decides to convert some hotel rooms like they are with VGF2, prices will always be crazy high. This is also why DLT is going to sell out crazy fast. Because of the strict zoning laws and stifling politics of CA and Anaheim, it may be a looooong time for another DVC to be built there.

I don't have access to the DVC member site, yet, but someone posted that VGC had random availability show up yesterday for the end of July and a lot of availability in August. (They posted a screenshot of the calendar.) If this is the case within 7 months, then I don't see why those living nearby would want to pay full price for a VGC contract when they can use SAP. (I never knew SAPs was a thing until DIS boards!)

When we go to socal, it's usually for the weekend or a few random days. We don't spend a week of our vacation time there. I'm going through ROFR for a 75 pt VGC contract, but I don't think we'd need much more than that. We are more interested to see what the pricing for DLT will be once it starts selling.

And from what I've seen so far, a couple of the reasons a lot (not all) of the east coasters don't seem too interested in VGC because it's too far (same reason why I don't have interest in purchasing a contract on the east coast) and expensive. They have a lot of other Disney properties closer to them for less that is easier to visit.

I don't have access to the DVC member site, yet, but someone posted that VGC had random availability show up yesterday for the end of July and a lot of availability in August. (They posted a screenshot of the calendar.) If this is the case within 7 months, then I don't see why those living nearby would want to pay full price for a VGC contract when they can use SAP. (I never knew SAPs was a thing until DIS boards!)

When we go to socal, it's usually for the weekend or a few random days. We don't spend a week of our vacation time there. I'm going through ROFR for a 75 pt VGC contract, but I don't think we'd need much more than that. We are more interested to see what the pricing for DLT will be once it starts selling.

And from what I've seen so far, a couple of the reasons a lot (not all) of the east coasters don't seem too interested in VGC because it's too far (same reason why I don't have interest in purchasing a contract on the east coast) and expensive. They have a lot of other Disney properties closer to them for less that is easier to visit.
I was just logged on and only see a day or two availability for a 1 and 2 BR in August, none in July. There is almost no availability until end of February. One might land a day or two here and there with SAP but definitely not a reliable way to plan for a vacation. A local living close by might be able to pull it off but now that everyone has to make park reservations in advance, it makes it more challenging. Congratulations on your VGC contract. 75 points will give you enough for a decent length stay in a studio depending on the season. And your small contract will sell for big bucks if you ever decide to sell in the future.

WRT DLT pricing, its anyone’s guess at this point but I wouldn’t be surprised if it sold for $250pp without any incentives. Most people will probably only buy small 50-75 point contracts anyway so Disney will likely jack up the pricing to maximize profits. I too am a west coaster, well, not technically. I live in Hawaii. Ironically, we do not own Aulani. We own VGC, CCV, and BLT. We believe in owning where you want to stay. I never have any issues getting rooms at Aulani for quick staycations even within a 1 month window As its such a huge resort. Booking WDW resorts at the 7 month window on the other hand could be like hunger games, as some other person on this board described. Most of my friends here in Hawaii that own Aulani always end up only being able to book at SSR or OKW when they go to Orlando. SAP strategy may work for locals that can be flexible. But for those who travel from afar, we definitely need that home resort advantage.

I think DLT will still sell out QUICKLY if it goes up for sale at $250 / pt. Look at the cost for one night at GVC or Disneyland Hotel on the Disneyland site.
It’s nuts how much rack rates have increased. i hope it won’t cost over $250pp, and the points chart will be lower than VGC. btw, do you really own VGF, BLT, and PVB? I‘m curious about your strategy because I own BLT and CCV but a part of me feels like owning 2 MK resorts is redundant. Thoughts?

It’s nuts how much rack rates have increased. i hope it won’t cost over $250pp, and the points chart will be lower than VGC. btw, do you really own VGF, BLT, and PVB? I‘m curious about your strategy because I own BLT and CCV but a part of me feels like owning 2 MK resorts is redundant. Thoughts?
What I find incredible is that people actually PAY those rack rates at VGC.

Yes, we have VGF, BLT and PVB. We started with VGF, and then we decided to get ALL the monorail hotels. The convenience is just difficult to overstate. Everytime I see someone posting about troubles with buses, I remember why those are our 3 primaries.

We live in Texas, so it's easy to get to Florida twice a year. Then whichever we don't hit, I sell points or bank them.

BTW, we love CCV and actually tried to buy there. It passed ROFR, and then the sale fell apart when the estoppel came back. Turns out the seller owed more than they were collecting on the sale, so they let Disney foreclose.

What I find incredible is that people actually PAY those rack rates at VGC.

Yes, we have VGF, BLT and PVB. We started with VGF, and then we decided to get ALL the monorail hotels. The convenience is just difficult to overstate. Everytime I see someone posting about troubles with buses, I remember why those are our 3 primaries.

We live in Texas, so it's easy to get to Florida twice a year. Then whichever we don't hit, I sell points or bank them.

BTW, we love CCV and actually tried to buy there. It passed ROFR, and then the sale fell apart when the estoppel came back. Turns out the seller owed more than they were collecting on the sale, so they let Disney foreclose.
Thanks for sharing. That’s so awesome. It must also be incredibly convenient to go to both DL and WDW from Texas. I’ve followed your DVC purchases on the ROFR thread and I gotta say, I’m a bit jealous of your DVC portfolio. And you also want to get CCV! What a line up! You all must be huge MK fans. No Epcot/HS resort for you guys?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts