$320 a POINT for VGC ?

Yankee626

Mouseketeer
Holy smokes ! There is a listing for 225 points resale for the Villas at the Grand Californian !!!!
Are we on Mars ? That's $72000 for 225 resale points !!!!!

Last edited:
I believe the new direct pricing ( if it ever becomes available) is $310/pt. Since there are no direct contracts to purchase, people are willing to pay that price even for resale.

So, that contract looks to still be listed on the broker site. I hope no one purchases it at that price, but knowing those brokers, they will likely use their "sales expertise" to keep it listed until there are multiple low offers and ask them to do the "Final and Best Offer" that they tried to pull on me.

I would love to own at VGC because we never go to Florida, but go to Disneyland at least two times a year...but living in the Bay Area, it would be smarter for me to put a down payment on a second house than pay those crazy prices. 😉

So, that contract looks to still be listed on the broker site. I hope no one purchases it at that price, but knowing those brokers, they will likely use their "sales expertise" to keep it listed until there are multiple low offers and ask them to do the "Final and Best Offer" that they tried to pull on me.

I would love to own at VGC because we never go to Florida, but go to Disneyland at least two times a year...but living in the Bay Area, it would be smarter for me to put a down payment on a second house than pay those crazy prices. 😉
perhaps, but you'd haveto settle for a pretty dingy condo/house on the outskirts of Garden Grove or Santa Ana. Housing prices in SoCal is atrocious. And don't forget about those crazy CA property taxes! Come on, it's the Grand Californian! I thought about looking at some properties for the price I paid. But where's the magic in that? hehe.

perhaps, but you'd haveto settle for a pretty dingy condo/house on the outskirts of Garden Grove or Santa Ana. Housing prices in SoCal is atrocious. And don't forget about those crazy CA property taxes! Come on, it's the Grand Californian! I thought about looking at some properties for the price I paid. But where's the magic in that? hehe.
I was talking about real estate in the bay area and our prices are even more extreme than in socal, but as a long term investment, it can't be beat.....but in the end, you're right. No magic. Only homeowner headaches. haha.

Also, that's not the kind of "house" I was talking about. That's a manufactured home.

Last edited:
No surprise. Supply and demand - same reason the Bay Area is so “overvalued”(it’s not).

DVC is real estate and the appreciation we’ve seen on the dvc contracts reflects that - regardless of the remainder of the lease term. Disney pricing VGC well over 300 direct(315 now I think) wasn’t done without thought.

The Mona Lisa looks like a throw away to me. But you tell me what it’s worth!

The supply of VGC listings on the resale sites has almost completely vanished. When I was buying in back in 2013-2014 there was no shortage of contracts of several different sizes and use years. If I was listing my contracts today it would defintely be for over $300/pt; if someone really wants in, they don’t have much choice than to pay that. If I had to bet, I would say it will be over $500/pt five years or so from now.

The supply of VGC listings on the resale sites has almost completely vanished. When I was buying in back in 2013-2014 there was no shortage of contracts of several different sizes and use years. If I was listing my contracts today it would defintely be for over $300/pt; if someone really wants in, they don’t have much choice than to pay that. If I had to bet, I would say it will be over $500/pt five years or so from now.
ok, if it reaches $500 in 5 years, I'm freeking selling. I'll gladly stay at the Desert Inns and Suites......I think......

As much as I would love to have VGC, I can't pay those prices and feel good about that decision at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong...if I had a bottomless bank account, then I'd be all in. ☺ You'd fine me in a cabana by the pools everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter