3 days 1 Park per day or 2 day Park Hopper

bookgirl

DIS Veteran
I will be taking my first trip to WDW in over 2 years. In the new way of things I'm debating ticket options.

I'm debating between getting 2 days with park hopping or 3 days with no hopping.

I have always been a Park Commando - Park Hopper kind of guest but:

I have a Boo Bash Ticket so one night at MK is already confirmed.

This is a low key Birthday/get-away and relax kind of trip and except for Rise of the Resistance, I'm not going to try for any particular ride.

I do enjoy Food and Wine booths.

Not the fan of extreme heat so I don't plan to spend long days (middle of the day) in any park.

If I do 2 days with park hopper I could reserve HS both days and try for a boarding pass then spend the evenings doing food and wine (do parks close for Park Hopping?).

Or for the same price I can do 3days (1 park per day) and dedicate 1 day to Epcot for F&W and still do two days to HS, but because this is low key I'm not sure I want to be tied to 3 park days. (plan on one resort day/DS)

Any input from those who have been visiting under the new system?

In March, we had 3-day tickets with PH (reservations at HS, AK & MK). On our HS day, we intended to go back to HS after our afternoon break only to change our minds and head to MK. We hopped to EP the other 2 days and it worked for us.

Tough call with the resort/DS day added to the mix. My first thought was definitely 3 day base since you have Boo Bash but with a 2 day hopper you could do DS on the same day as Boo Bash since you can't enter until 7p. Are you only there a total of 3 days?

I’d do three days since you have boo bash. HS, EP and then MK for boo bash in one day sounds exhausting

Just clarifying. Do the 3 days include Boo Bash day?

I can honestly see benefit to both options your are choosing. For me it would depend on how 'hard' I want to go Boo Bash day or the following morning.

If you like to take a break each afternoon away from the heat of the day then I'd be tempted to do 3 day passes and just go back to the original park after resting. The only drawback I see to this is it makes for a very long Boo Bash day.

I think whichever option you choose you'll have a great time!

Tough call with the resort/DS day added to the mix. My first thought was definitely 3 day base since you have Boo Bash but with a 2 day hopper you could do DS on the same day as Boo Bash since you can't enter until 7p. Are you only there a total of 3 days?

4 days but I'm specifically spending my birthday at Fort Wilderness and was planning of hanging around the resort for the day.

I was originally thinking 2 park days (1 HS and 1Ep) and then DS on the morning of the Boo Bash.

But then I threw park hopper in the mix and now I'm second guessing my plans.

I am tempted to just pretend PH is not a thing LOL

Sounds like your original plan was 2 park days plus Boo Bash and a resort day. Idk, maybe skip the hopper and the 3rd day and stay with your original plan. Otherwise, do the hopper and keep your resort day. I love the Disney resorts and to us they are a large part of our trips. We like to enjoy the resorts so I can see why you would want to do that.

You may already know this.. but in case you don’t… I was told by a cast member on the phone the other day while straightening out my park passes, that you now have to wait until 2pm to hop to another park with a park hopper pass. Thought I would put it out there in case it changes your plan in any way.

I was never a park hoper person. One is enough, get in early and see it all. Problem, is you want rise. But there is no guarantee you'll get it with 2 days , instead of one. I wouldn't change my plans baised on one ride. Are you staying at the fort? If you are you may tend to relax a bit more and stress a bit less. :teeth:

Sounds like your original plan was 2 park days plus Boo Bash and a resort day. Idk, maybe skip the hopper and the 3rd day and stay with your original plan. Otherwise, do the hopper and keep your resort day. I love the Disney resorts and to us they are a large part of our trips. We like to enjoy the resorts so I can see why you would want to do that.

The more I think about the more inclined I am to just do that. I have the Boo Bash and then the next day I can sleep in, go see the horses and camp site decorations and hang out. I'm kind of hoping there will be some more activities by that time. It'll be my last full day and chilling out is appealing.

I was never a park hoper person. One is enough, get in early and see it all. Problem, is you want rise. But there is no guarantee you'll get it with 2 days , instead of one. I wouldn't change my plans baised on one ride. Are you staying at the fort? If you are you may tend to relax a bit more and stress a bit less. :teeth:

I am. I'm at Movies to begin with then I'm switching to FW for my last full day (my birthday) and planned to just relax after attending the Boo Bash the night before.

You may already know this.. but in case you don’t… I was told by a cast member on the phone the other day while straightening out my park passes, that you now have to wait until 2pm to hop to another park with a park hopper pass. Thought I would put it out there in case it changes your plan in any way.

I did know, but since I don't plan to be in the parks at 2pm I would go back in the evening and I worry about them being full because of F&W or people trying for Rise.

This new system is a bit of a wrench in my traditional touring style.

And , i will say the closer to halloween the more decorations are up at the fort. And halloween there is like no other place in the world. I couldn't get booked at halloween this year.

I am hopeing they cancle the restrictions by October.

And , i will say the closer to halloween the more decorations are up at the fort. And halloween there is like no other place in the world. I couldn't get booked at halloween this year.

I am hopeing they cancle the restrictions by October.

I and a friend took a carriage ride through the Fort in October a few years ago. The decorations were fabulous! Not sure how many will be up during my trip but I figured it would be fun to go looking.

LOL True.

I actually grew up camping till I was in my 20s (tent, then camper, then lake home, then I was a camp counselor) and as I have a Labor Day Birthday we always celebrated it at the lake/woods/campgrounds.

I however haven't camped in decades and now I'm too old and soft to pitch a tent anymore, so I figured a FW cabin on my birthday was kinda nostalgic.

Might have to grill some hotdogs LOLOLOLOL

Okay thanks for the input all

I just got a 2 day 1 park per day ticket. I can always add on the hopper or even another day if needed. But I think I just want to chill out and not worry about anything. I did make a HS reservation and I'll get up that morning to see about getting a Boarding Pass but if I miss out then it's not a deal breaker. I want to do HS anyway for my favorite restaurant and just Star Wars in general.

Okay thanks for the input all

I just got a 2 day 1 park per day ticket. I can always add on the hopper or even another day if needed. But I think I just want to chill out and not worry about anything. I did make a HS reservation and I'll get up that morning to see about getting a Boarding Pass but if I miss out then it's not a deal breaker. I want to do HS anyway for my favorite restaurant and just Star Wars in general.
I think your plan sounds great. For what it's worth regarding DHS and the attempt to get boarding group for Rise. This sounds stupid, but it works. I was taught it by my teen daughters (one of whom is a CM at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge). Your first chance to get a boarding group is a 7AM. At 6:59, hit "Join". Don't wait for 7AM, don't wait for the "join" to turn blue. At 6:59, just tap Join, then Join, then Join. Don't select your party. The system will automatically pull in your family and friends who have park reservation at DHS. If you don't get a boarding group, the same deal goes at the 1PM drop: tap "Join" at 12:59, then Join, then Join as fast as you can. Hitting the "first" Join one second before the drop time works because your phone "lags" by about a second, so by the time your tap goes through, it's 7AM. Does that make sense?

I think your plan sounds great. For what it's worth regarding DHS and the attempt to get boarding group for Rise. This sounds stupid, but it works. I was taught it by my teen daughters (one of whom is a CM at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge). Your first chance to get a boarding group is a 7AM. At 6:59, hit "Join". Don't wait for 7AM, don't wait for the "join" to turn blue. At 6:59, just tap Join, then Join, then Join. Don't select your party. The system will automatically pull in your family and friends who have park reservation at DHS. If you don't get a boarding group, the same deal goes at the 1PM drop: tap "Join" at 12:59, then Join, then Join as fast as you can. Hitting the "first" Join one second before the drop time works because your phone "lags" by about a second, so by the time your tap goes through, it's 7AM. Does that make sense?

It does, well as far as I haven't done it yet and I've got to learn that actual procedure LOL. But yeah that makes sense to start just at the minute before. I'm hoping going on Monday not Sunday will help as well.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter