3 booking categories for BCV 2BR?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 2BR Garden/Pool View room at BWV reserved Jan. 24-Feb. 1. I decided to waitlist a 2BR Standard room at BWV, as well as a 2BR at Beach Club. I did this by phone since I had called Member Services for another reason anyway. There are 3 different booking categories for a 2BR at BCV when I look online. 2BR, 2BR with 2 Queen Beds, and 2BR lock-off. While it would be great to get the kind with 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR, I'd take any of the 2BR options just to get in Beach Club.

I asked the CM on the phone which of the 3 booking categories I should waitlist to have the best odds of something coming up. I asked what the category just called "2BR" is, and how it's different from the other categories. She didn't know and didn't know which of the 3 options would give me the best chance. So I did the waitlist with the 2 Queen Beds.

Do any of my DIS friends here know the answers to what I asked the CM??

Thanks!:)

The biggest difference is in the beds. All three categories will have a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, and a queen-sized fold-out in the living room.

The category that reads 2BR with 2 queen will be a dedicated two-bedroom unit. The second bedroom will have 2 queen-sized beds in it.

The category that simply reads 2BR will also be a dedicated two-bedroom, but the second bedroom will have 1 queen-sized bed and 1 queen-sized fold-out.

The 2BR Lock-Off will be a combination of a one-bedroom and a studio. The second bedroom (the studio) will have it's own kitchenette, and will have one queen-sized bed and one full-sized fold-out.

There are 74 two-bedroom lock-offs available in the resort. There are 78 dedicated two-bedroom units -- although I don't know how many have couches and how many have two beds.

Found it...

According to the map on DVCNews.com, there are:

74 lock-off two-bedroom units
24 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ 2 queen beds
54 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ queen & fold-out

The categories don't hold too much weight. We've booked 2Q beds and gotten a lock-off! And we've booked a lock-off and gotten a 2bd w 1Q bed. I would change the waitlist to the dedicated 2bd w 1 Qbed. I'm guessing when a lock-off becomes available, it goes to whichever studio, 1bd, or 2bd that's on the waitlist.

I personally would stick with the BWV Pool/Garden rather than switch to BCV. Especially since you are unlikely to use the pool in Jan/Feb and the views are much nicer at BWV. Buses aren't too bad either since the crowds are low.

I currently have a 2BR Garden/Pool View room at BWV reserved Jan. 24-Feb. 1. I decided to waitlist a 2BR Standard room at BWV, as well as a 2BR at Beach Club. I did this by phone since I had called Member Services for another reason anyway. There are 3 different booking categories for a 2BR at BCV when I look online. 2BR, 2BR with 2 Queen Beds, and 2BR lock-off. While it would be great to get the kind with 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR, I'd take any of the 2BR options just to get in Beach Club.

I asked the CM on the phone which of the 3 booking categories I should waitlist to have the best odds of something coming up. I asked what the category just called "2BR" is, and how it's different from the other categories. She didn't know and didn't know which of the 3 options would give me the best chance. So I did the waitlist with the 2 Queen Beds.

Do any of my DIS friends here know the answers to what I asked the CM??

Thanks!:)
Certainly the 2Q unit is the least likely to be available. I'd suspect it's pretty much a toss up between the L/O and non 2Q dedicated.

I am waitlisted for a 2Q also, the 2Q at BCV is one of the harder to get rooms in DVC, I have a feeling I will not get it but willing to give it a try...

The biggest difference is in the beds. All three categories will have a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, and a queen-sized fold-out in the living room.

The category that reads 2BR with 2 queen will be a dedicated two-bedroom unit. The second bedroom will have 2 queen-sized beds in it.

The category that simply reads 2BR will also be a dedicated two-bedroom, but the second bedroom will have 1 queen-sized bed and 1 queen-sized fold-out.

The 2BR Lock-Off will be a combination of a one-bedroom and a studio. The second bedroom (the studio) will have it's own kitchenette, and will have one queen-sized bed and one full-sized fold-out.

There are 74 two-bedroom lock-offs available in the resort. There are 78 dedicated two-bedroom units -- although I don't know how many have couches and how many have two beds.

Found it...

According to the map on DVCNews.com, there are:

74 lock-off two-bedroom units
24 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ 2 queen beds
54 dedicated two-bedroom units w/ queen & fold-out
Thanks, Dave for the detailed information. This is what I was looking for. :)

And thanks to everyone for the replies and input! Will think about this a little more to see how/if I want to change the waitlist.

facebook twitter