3 adults in one room

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
Hello! I'm a complete cruise newbie..

If we have 3 adults to one room, what will the sleeping arrangements be? Anyone have pictures??
THANKS!

They should be able to separate the beds.

For the classic ships (not sure about the new ones) the bed can be pulled apart to make two twin beds and then someone can be on the couch. Maybe someone with more info can write in.

If you book a room that sleeps 5, then there will be the main bed, the bunks and the murphy pull-down bed. This arrangement would give each adult a bed at floor level. The second picture in the slideshow in this link shows the bed setup. This is for the Magic, but the rooms that sleep 5 on the new ships also are set up this way. Some porthole rooms are set up like this as well.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...uxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

The bed situation depends on the ship and the room.

A room that sleeps 4 will typically have a large bed that sleeps 2. On the classic ships, this can be separated into 2 twin beds. On the new ships, it does not separate. The couch flips to become a bed and a bunk drops from the ceiling. In a room that sleeps 5, a murphy bed folds out from the wall.

They should be able to separate the beds.

Only on the Magic and Wonder.

The Dream and Fantasy beds do not separate. Three persons wishing separate beds would have to use the pull-down or murphy bed AND the sofa bed. (I don't know if the pull-downs are big enough for adults but I know not all staterooms have them. If you book a stateroom on the Dream or Fantasy that sleeps 3, be aware that they probably have only 2 beds).

Only on the Magic and Wonder.

The Dream and Fantasy beds do not separate. Three persons wishing separate beds would have to use the pull-down or murphy bed AND the sofa bed. (I don't know if the pull-downs are big enough for adults but I know not all staterooms have them. If you book a stateroom on the Dream or Fantasy that sleeps 3, be aware that they probably have only 2 beds).

The upper pull-down beds also have a weight limit (I believe around 220-250pounds? - someone can jump in with the specifics) and aren't overly long. This might be a consideration if any of the 3 in the party is a larger person or a smaller person in the party has a mobility issue that would rule out the upper bed.

My 23 yr old dd spent 7 nights on the pull down. She is 5'6" and probly 150. Although not the most comfortable she said it wasn't bad.

I'm over 6' tall and spent 11 nights on the pull down bed when I was 26. It didn't bother me because I knew it was only for 11 nights and I was on a disney cruise! I was so tired every night that I slept amazing and had no issues. My friend who is over 6'3" slept on the sofa with out any issue. Only problem I ran into is when my friends thought it would be funny to steal my ladder. We had four "adults" in an inside cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter