2nd private island

Well, as I stated previously, on multiple trips to Eleuthera I've never experienced anything like this from the Bahamians who live there. Eleuthera is not particularly close to any islands that have population, and the ferry from Nassau takes several hours each way. Princess already has a cruise stop in Eleuthera. The reviews from that don't seem to indicate that locals are an issue. I am significantly more concerned about the damage that cruise visitors will cause to the natural beauty of Eleuthera, then I am of the Bahamians causing any issue for cruise visitors.
I've not been able to find any information about public access to the Princess site. Their website calls it "exclusive" and a "private beach." I'm guessing they employ local residents and allow vendors on site in some controlled way. But this does not sound like what Disney is claiming to be doing at Lighthouse Point offering "full access" to the public, along with the local vendors.

I've not been able to find any information about public access to the Princess site. Their website calls it "exclusive" and a "private beach." I'm guessing they employ local residents and allow vendors on site in some controlled way. But this does not sound like what Disney is claiming to be doing at Lighthouse Point offering "full access" to the public, along with the local vendors.

By law in the Bahamas, all beaches are public. So, if someone wanted to walk all the way around the island on the beach they could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter