24 hours, first TR, a 5 day teaser

mjc2003

DIS Veteran
We are leaving at this time tomorrow morning, and will be staying one night at AKV Jambo and 4 nights at BWV...all in a 1 BR. Myself, wife and two DD's, 5 and 3.
We bought into BCV in April and planned a big 10 day trip for November that will include 8 other guests. My wife travels extensively for work, and she found out in July that she would have to be in Orlando for a few days end of August. We decided rather spontaneously to see what we could grab--and we were quite low on available points after booking the November trip. We ended up doing a transfer for the points we needed...so here we are!

But it's not that simple. My wife's trip started yesterday, as she flew down yesterday early in the a.m. So tomorrow it's me and my two DD's, who are really excited and are busy packing their suitcases with a myriad of completely unnecessary things that we won't be bringing. I don't have the heart to tell them that we don't need 30 princess dolls and 4 blankets each, so I'll just let them think they're helping! I am focused on more important things, like packing myself (not good at this at all) and for the kids, dealing with logistics, and fighting off a brutal cold/allergy/sinus thing that has my brain feeling like I double wrapped it with saran wrap. My DD5 is also sick, she has strep but has been on antibiotics for 3 days and is well on her way to recovery.

This trip is coming at a great time. We had a crazy last week. If any of you (especially in the northeast) have followed or read about the terrible story of the young Pakistani woman who was shot by her husband and an "accomplice" as she walked with her 3 year old, that incident happened just a few blocks from our house. Our small town was turned upside down for a week, with reporters all over the place, lots of shock and sadness, and, at least initially, a lot of fear about who might be running around our town with a gun. If you are not familiar with the story, sorry for rambling...I just would add that the world can be very cruel and sometimes unfair, and it's very nice to have a place like WDW to escape to. Sometimes we lose sight of that.

Not only am I solo for the flight, but my wife won't be arriving until Thursday so our plan is to only stay around the AKV's tomorrow and swim. We will be there in November for part of our stay in a GV, so I want to check the place out. Can't wait to see it all, and the kids are really excited to be able to see animals outside our room (we have Savannah view). I joked with them that a giraffe will stick it's head in the room and lick their faces if they sleep too late in the morning, and now they both think that's really going to happen--I hope I didn't set their expectations too high!

This trip is dotted with things that I have learned on these boards or from joining DVC. I rented a stroller through the service recommended by Mousesavers (which I joined on the recommendations of others here). I am upgrading to an AP and getting a TIW card to cover this and our November trip. Several ADR's based on feedback from here. We ordered from garden grocer. I know where to shop, pool hop, eat, sit, drink, rest, run, relax all from these boards! Now I get to put it to good use.

So I will be running around like a crazy person in about 21 hours trying to make sure I don't forget anything, and herding the kiddies into and out of the car and through the airports....I cannot wait until I get to the Jambo pool and order a stiff drink!

I will bring the camera and hopefully can come back with some good pics and a few entertaining stories!

PS: Irene, please go away?

Sounds like a great plan. Good luck with the flight alone tomorrow! I'm sure you'll have a great time relaxing on your spontaneous adventure. I can't wait to read more and see the pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter