Usually, they just leave them I believe. Of course the vet would monitor it too for change etc....
Animals get all kinds of 'lumps and bumps' as they age (Don't we all!) but it's always wise to have them checked!
Good Luck to you all! You certainly do have your plate full!
:(

I can't help you out at all on what to do but to take him to the Vet, thats what i would do. Good luck, and hopefully it isn't anything bad.

I vaguely remember the description, and didn't have any ideas. I think you said it was hard? Fatty tumors are soft. Hopefully that's what it is. They'll only need to remove it if it gets so large that it causes problems. There are plenty of other benign masses, too, so don't worry just yet.

Well, they might still want to remove a cyst if it's that big. Those can erupt into the subcutis and cause really bad cellulitis. But it's not anything that couldn't wait, not like a malignant tumor that you'd want to get off asap.

Of course, there are so many things it could be. The vet might want to remove it just to get a diagnosis.

The vet will want to make sure of what exactly it is before they can tell you if it could be left there or not.

My dog had one right on her neck, next to her throat. They did a biopsy and it was just hair and other junk, like a pimple. Because of where it was, they wanted to keep an eye on it. When I noticed her having trouble swallowing, we took her in and had it removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter