20th anniversary celebration

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

DIS Veteran
My DW and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this September. We have decided that we want to spend 8days and 7 nights celebrating "us". We had planned to go in September but because of my job, we will be unable to go until Oct. This trip also depends on our house selling. Going to plan for now with the assumption that it will.

Our budget is 4000.00. This needs to be used for the resort, dining, and tickets. (also tips for dinner and souvenir money) Travel expenses and breakfast food does not need to come out of this money at all. I will say we are not big souvenir people. We usually each buy a tee shirt and maybe something else. Maybe 150-200 tops. I am looking for suggestions on trip ideas. I want this to be special. I've thought if I do moderate , we could do extra special things. I should point out that I am in the military and that the room only discounts will be ending and there is not a guarentee that they will extend the discount. Any great ideas would be appreciated!

My husband and I are taking a very similar trip but the last week of Aug. also to celebrate our 20th and on about the same budget! We're hoping to stay in the Wilderness Lodge. I thought deluxe might be better since we'll likely be spending more time at the resort than we would on trips with the children. We considered the Contemporary but I think it would be out of our budget once food and tickets are included and I like the idea of the slightly quieter feel of the WL. It seems a little more romantic to me. We will probably do the regular dining plan and have one special meal (likely at Cinderella's Table) the night of our actual anniversary. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

My DW and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this September. We have decided that we want to spend 8days and 7 nights celebrating "us". We had planned to go in September but because of my job, we will be unable to go until Oct. This trip also depends on our house selling. Going to plan for now with the assumption that it will.

Our budget is 4000.00. This needs to be used for the resort, dining, and tickets. (also tips for dinner and souvenir money) Travel expenses and breakfast food does not need to come out of this money at all. I will say we are not big souvenir people. We usually each buy a tee shirt and maybe something else. Maybe 150-200 tops. I am looking for suggestions on trip ideas. I want this to be special. I've thought if I do moderate , we could do extra special things. I should point out that I am in the military and that the room only discounts will be ending and there is not a guarentee that they will extend the discount. Any great ideas would be appreciated!

Firstly, congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

Have you looked at Shades of Green? I don't know anything about it because we're from the UK and not military but I understand there are some good deals for military personnel.

We renewed our wedding vows last year and it was fantastic to do something "for us". A meal with a window table for Wishes is a nice romantic thing to do, add your celebration to your reservation. Horse & Carriage ride is a nice romantic idea that isn't too expensive too.

Hi and Congrats on the 20th:cheer2:

My DH and I are celebrating our 10th this year and we are going in October. We are staying 9 nights with dining plan and park hoppers at POR. Our total through Dreams Unlimited is $3700 with a king room. We are hoping that some discounts come out but the trip is under our budget.

Thank you everyone and congrats to all of you! Hotels that I have looked at are: Port Orleans French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Swan or Dolphin, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have thought about Shades of Green but it's never been a hotel that we have said we'd love to try. Silly I know especially since they have the largest rooms and are in a great location. Maybe I should look a little harder at it. Also If, and I mean BIG if, they extend the current military offer for room discount, moderates get 35% off and deluxe gets 40% off. I am going with the assumption that I will not get a discount. A discount would be wonderful, but I can't count on it. Not at this point. Would be an added bonus. Would be willing to do 6 nights to cut cost. I would love to spend more, but with DS starting college I don't want to go crazy. I want to pay cash for this trip. Would just like to make this feel special. I love the idea of the horse drawn carriage ride. Would be a wonderful way to end the night after a romantic evening with my girl. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter