2024 Melbourne, Florida - What To Do? - Recommendations Please

I'm happy that you're enjoying your trip so much! (I wish I were near there so I could visit Rock the Guac again.)

Reactions: slo
I took this picture last night.
Thanks for this suggestion - we had a lot of fun watching the launch from there and the food was great!

think that makes me two for two!!!

were you at the port location or riverside ... just curious

Happy to help you enjoy your visit .... did you know that many folks say there's nothing to do here?!@#$%?

I took this picture last night.
Thanks for this suggestion - we had a lot of fun watching the launch from there and the food was great!

think that makes me two for two!!!

were you at the port location or riverside ... just curious

Happy to help you enjoy your visit .... did you know that many folks say there's nothing to do here?!@#$%?
Yes - you are two for two 🙂👍🏼
We went to the port location, in fact, we saw the big Space X boat go by before the launch - it was pretty cool to see.

Thank you again and there’s definitely a lot to do here. I hope my DD’s Coach returns here next year so we can do what we missed out on doing this year. You live in a great place.

We like a restaurant called Mulligans in Sebastian. It is right on the water and you can often see the dolphins swimming literally right next to your table. Fun place for lunch or dinner.

Have a fun trip!
B49EDBCB-EAF1-40AF-9684-C08846B38024.jpeg6A27EEBD-D08E-49FE-A25D-671023A8EB44.jpeg

Thank you for your suggestion to eat at this restaurant (we went tonight) - it was great and we did see dolphins while we were eating - loved it!!!

Thank you for this thread! My parents are on their way to Melbourne currently and I’m going to forward them some of these suggestions!

• Love
Importantly, @slo, how are the games going? ⚾
Thanks for asking Dan.
As of now they’ve played 8 games and they won 7 and lost 1.
They play their last 2 games today - hoping for two more Ws.

Thank you for this thread! My parents are on their way to Melbourne currently and I’m going to forward them some of these suggestions!
I’m glad this thread will give them suggestions like it gave me. I hope the weather warms us for them, because it’s been chilly lately - thank goodness I brought pants and my coat. My DH and I have said that we would definitely like to return here when it’s warmer so we can enjoy dining outside more and go to the beach. I hope your parents have a nice trip,

As of now they’ve played 8 games and they won 7 and lost 1.
Good morning, Sandy. Wow! Now if the Cubs (or the Sox) could come close to that, we would have World Champions here in Chicago again. Goooo, Katie!

• Love
We will be in Melbourne, Florida for 1 week in March watching our DD19 play in a college softball tournament there.

We will go to Kennedy Space Center one day, but outside of that, I’m clueless on what to do. If you’re familiar with the area and can recommend things to do, places to go, a good restaurant and even places to stay away from, please leave a post.

Thanks in advance for your help :wave:
We always go to the cedar, it's a restaurant on Wickham road south of 95 just past the mega church. It's in the strip mall by the grocery store and panara breads. Mediterranean foods

• Love
We always go to the cedar, it's a restaurant on Wickham road south of 95 just past the mega church. It's in the strip mall by the grocery store and panara breads. Mediterranean foods
Thank you for this suggestion. :goodvibes

Giving this another bump today :jumping1:

I don’t think I mentioned last year that my favorite Chinese restaurant is not far from Melbourne. It’s called Tely’s, and it is primarily a dine in restaurant, although you can get take out. They are only open for dinner though. They have a website if you’re interested in looking at the menu. We went to their Yen Yen location in Cocoa Beach for years until they closed it. Now we have to drive a little farther to visit Tely’s, but we think it’s worth it.

IMG_1450.jpegIMG_1449.jpeg

I don’t think I mentioned last year that my favorite Chinese restaurant is not far from Melbourne. It’s called Tely’s, and it is primarily a dine in restaurant, although you can get take out. They are only open for dinner though. They have a website if you’re interested in looking at the menu. We went to their Yen Yen location in Cocoa Beach for years until they closed it. Now we have to drive a little farther to visit Tely’s, but we think it’s worth it.

View attachment 832033View attachment 832034
I’m very interested in looking at the menu.
Thank you very much for this :goodvibes

I’m giving this another bump to see if anyone has any suggestions this weekend.

I don't know if it was mentioned last year, but there is a zoo in the area. Brevard Zoo.

It's been years since I was there, but I remember it being a nice place to pass and hour or two.

I don't know if it was mentioned last year, but there is a zoo in the area. Brevard Zoo.

It's been years since I was there, but I remember it being a nice place to pass and hour or two.
Thank you for this - we will have more free time during the day this year, unlike last year, so we’ll definitely stop by the zoo 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter