2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

Tree #1 was fluffed and I put the lights on last night.
Tree #2 will be fluffed and I‘ll put the lights on tonight.
Sunday I’ll decorate tree #1
Monday I’ll decorate tree #2

Each tree takes me about 5-6 hours. It’s a lengthy process.

My son, his SO and their daughter and I are going to WDW the first week in December so after that. Hubby has no interest in it so no reason to put it up before that. I do have a small table top one up stairs in my woman cave that came from Mama's house (she put a tree of some kind in every room) that stays up year round. I actually had the lights turned on last weekend while hubby was watching the Georgia game and I was spending the day up there.

The tree will go up Thanksgiving weekend.
This is the rule IMO

So someone in my neighborhood actually decorated the tree outside their house the day after Halloween AND turned it on.

Sorry that is just wrong and way too soon. Put the lights on it yeah - but don't turn it on!

Years ago my husband & I would make a game of who spotted the first tree of the season. Usually it was right after Veteran’s Day. At that time, we’d do ours the first weekend in December. Fast forward 15 or 20 years, the kids are gone & we don’t have thanksgiving dinners here. We now go to WDW in early December every couple of years. So we started decorating Thanksgiving weekend. We’ve both retired over the last 18 months. Last year it was 60° on November 10th, so my husband put the outside lights up. Since he had the boxes all out, we took our time & got everything done over the next 3 days. We ended up doing the same thing this year. He did the outside lights Friday & we got every thing else done by this afternoon.

After we were done, I asked my husband “remember how we used to laugh at the houses that were all decorated & had their trees up on Veteran's Day? And now we’re those people.” :rolleyes: His answer: “those people were probably retired.”
:lmao:

My neighbors have rental properties and have lots of furniture stored in their main home garage, so storage space for an artificial tree is very limited. They put up a tree in their living room two years ago and it hasn't come down since. They've already turned on the lights for this season.

I used to decorate with two trees and a large village, but now we go see grand kids for the holidaze and leave the decorating to our DD.

I drove to a friends in my neighborhood Friday night. Saw a few houses with lights, and 3 trees inside of windows. But it's going to be unusually warm here these week, and into next weekend. Our whole neighborhood will be glowing by next Sunday evening. Hopefully mine as well (on the outside)

Probably sometime Thanksgiving week. We'd probably start this week, but we're going to be out of town for a few days.

We don't turn anything on until after Thanksgiving. But if we have time before Thanksgiving, it's nice to get stuff up and ready to go.

We bought a new tree this weekend and I put it up yesterday. No ornaments yet just lights and ribbon. The dining room one will go up this weekend. I really struggle with the holiday season after losing my mom unexpectedly on 12/13 in 2020. But, Christmas lights make me happy and I put them up when the mood strikes just to have a little bit of happiness and normalcy in my life. My husband just asks that I wait until after Halloween.

Our tree will go up thanksgiving weekend.

We put the lights on the house/bushes yesterday, because the weather was so nice... but we won't turn those on until after Thanksgiving. We also have a couple of outdoor wreaths to hang, but they're more "obvious" than the lights, so I'm waiting till after Thanksgiving to put those up too. (They'll be pretty quick, even if it's cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter