2023 resort bookings ?

Just called WDW to book a room at Beach Club for early March, 2023. I was told they can't do so yet. Something to do with DVC members getting 1st priority. She told me to call back in June/July when rooms will have opened up. Yet others on here indicate they've booked WL and AKL for 2023 already. I'm wondering if room openings depend upon the resort? It just didn't make sense to me and I'm nervous about waiting til summer to book the rooms.
Sounds like a case of the cast member not knowing what they were talking about. I called last week to get quotes for a room only reservation at the poly next March and I got both hotel and DVC room rates. You absolutely can book room only now.

Sounds like a case of the cast member not knowing what they were talking about. I called last week to get quotes for a room only reservation at the poly next March and I got both hotel and DVC room rates. You absolutely can book room only now.
She did look for a room only booking. But none were showing available at Beach Club. Someone told me they are building DVC villas for Beach Club now. Perhaps they are holding back rooms at the main resort for DVC until the villas open up? I didnt ask her to check any other resorts.

Can someone tell me what are the advantages of booking a resort room only for 2023 now? From what I understand, once packages are available to book this summer, you have to cancel your room only and book a new room/ticket package, with no guarantee that the room you had previously booked will still be available. So I don't see why I would want to book room only now for 2023.

Can someone tell me what are the advantages of booking a resort room only for 2023 now? From what I understand, once packages are available to book this summer, you have to cancel your room only and book a new room/ticket package, with no guarantee that the room you had previously booked will still be available. So I don't see why I would want to book room only now for 2023.

Some discounts are room-only, so when they come out later they can only be applied to a room only booking.

Booking now means you know you have the room type you want at the resort you want for the dates you want, should it not be available when packages become available [at which point you have a decision of which is more important, a package or the specific room].

We always book room only so we have what we want. Many times later on when it comes time to apply a discount or we consider changing to a package the room type is no longer available so we stay with what we have.

Also, others have reported previously that if you have a room only and "convert" it to a package but the room price has gone up in the meantime, Disney will often honor your oriiginal room price. No guarantee on that though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter